Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: End of T-zones and Web2Go?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    It doesn't matter, "time n time" again you know you're not supposed to be on T-Zones under the iPhone, but you complain if they decide to cut you off? Just go on over to AT&T.



    LOL Whos to say that were "not supposed" to use tzones with an iPhone? What makes an iPhone any differant than any other phone? When they realesed the epc.tmobile.com APN there was no more hack necessary to run full edge under the 5.99 tzones plan. T-Mobile made that change and Im guessing they know a little bit about what their doing. So please dont come in here telling anyone what they can or can not do, especially when you have zero idea of what you are talking about.

    Please make your 5th post better than your 4th.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    LOL Whos to say that were "not supposed" to use tzones with an iPhone? What makes an iPhone any differant than any other phone? When they realesed the epc.tmobile.com APN there was no more hack necessary to run full edge under the 5.99 tzones plan. T-Mobile made that change and Im guessing they know a little bit about what their doing. So please dont come in here telling anyone what they can or can not do, especially when you have zero idea of what you are talking about.

    Please make your 5th post better than your 4th.
    TZones was not meant for unlimited web outside of their TZones. Are you seriously trying to tell me otherwise? ALL I said was why moan about them closing it up if that is what they're doing?
    I didn't tell anyone about what they could or could not do, can you read a bit more closely?

  3. #23
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    31,217
    Thanks
    3,933
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    TZones was not meant for unlimited web outside of their TZones. Are you seriously trying to tell me otherwise? ALL I said was why moan about them closing it up if that is what they're doing?
    I didn't tell anyone about what they could or could not do, can you read a bit more closely?
    You are correct, T-Zones was not intended for unlimited web, but many have been using it for a long time. I agree that T-Mo is getting wise and red flagging iPhone users and requiring them to update their service. I also believe that eventually they will end it all. I do know for a fact that they are searching the IMEI's for iPhone users. So if it's working now, awesome but it may end.

  4. #24
    iPhone 2G - Went to 5.99 T-zones in January of 2008, have not had an issue since. Currently running OS 3.0, and T-zones is still kicking (Just checked via Engadget reload).

  5. #25
    I honestly don't see T-Mobile requiring all iPhones to have full $24.99 Data Packages.

    They know people choose T-Mobile over AT&T for the price. They'd shoot themselves in the foot to make ALL iPhone Users upgrade.

    I do, see it happening to recent subscribers, because new subscribers can't call and ***** and moan about it.

    I've had T-Zones for almost a year, and no problem.

    Another Question.

    I know the IMEI Numbers get sent the cellular towers, but why does T-Mobile have a list of iPhone IMEIs?

  6. #26
    After reading all these posts, I had to jump in.

    I have been using factory unlocked GSM phones from Europe since 2000. I signed up for the tzones when it was first introduced, I think in late '01, early '02. This was back in the GPRS days, before phones even had EDGE.

    Anyways, tzones was tmobile's original internet service (tzones content) & soon after internet access. At that time it was the only data plan offered. After pda phones started getting somewhat big in '04, tmobile introduced new data plans. Then it has just evolved into what they offer today.

    I have been using tzones since it first came out ($3.99), with over a dozen non-tmobile phones. Never a problem, including now w/ my iPhone! I dont think anyone who is granfathered in will be loosing any data access.. thats why where still being charged every month for it. They dont have to let us keep tzones.. but there trying to keep our business. But as far as new customers and people who didnt jump on the tzone bandwagon, your all just SOL!

    In the next few years though, I imagine EDGE will be phased out, and you wont even care anymore cause the newest 5G phones will be out..

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan206 View Post
    I honestly don't see T-Mobile requiring all iPhones to have full $24.99 Data Packages.

    They know people choose T-Mobile over AT&T for the price. They'd shoot themselves in the foot to make ALL iPhone Users upgrade.

    I do, see it happening to recent subscribers, because new subscribers can't call and ***** and moan about it.

    I've had T-Zones for almost a year, and no problem.

    Another Question.

    I know the IMEI Numbers get sent the cellular towers, but why does T-Mobile have a list of iPhone IMEIs?
    I'm hoping they're blacklisting with the ones given at signup.

  8. #28
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I might have to go to t-mobile tomorrow and ask them about a $20 data plan. I think mine right now is $40. Which is the same price as my plan. Since i am never on my phone, all i do is text and internet i got the cheapest flex pay plan out there. Period!

    But data is killing me!

  9. #29
    The most expensive smartphone plan is 34.99 but that includes unlimited messaging. To me it's not a bad deal if you don't do a great deal of talking on a cell phone. The Data only is 24.99 unless you finagle for the 19.99 Data plan.

  10. #30
    Is anyone actually having trouble with the $5.99 T-Zones? I've had it for years to tether my razr to my laptop while camping. Most of the complaints seem to be the more expensive plans/web2go. I'd hate to get my iphone tomorrow only to have it not work.
    Last edited by Drummr; 07-12-2009 at 10:34 PM.

  11. #31
    Changing the ipcc under update in itunes is the new way to go and it gives you picture messaging. Search ipcc and there should be a thread. The tzones should still work they just dont have the $5.99 plan its $10 bucks now I think but that should still work

  12. #32
    ive had my web2go for almost two weeks now but 2 days ago i got the wipcore website. eff tmo. lol

  13. #33
    iPhoneaholic westc0ast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    347
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 44 Times in 36 Posts

    just clear history, cookies, and cash, in safari settings,and reboot.
    apn:internet2.voicestream.com
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by westc0ast View Post
    just clear history, cookies, and cash, in safari settings,and reboot.
    apn:internet2.voicestream.com
    been there, done that.

    lol

  15. #35
    I'm assuming if your are conntected to Wi-Fi this wouldn't be an issue?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •