+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to get push working...without restore..EASY!!

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
im getting the connect to itunes..... pop up? Push isnt working for me. do i have to connect to itunes?
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    im getting the connect to itunes..... pop up? Push isnt working for me. do i have to connect to itunes?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No,

Retry the push fix manually.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    the one on the first page? but wont i get messages from strangers then.

Also i cant connect to youtube right now after installing the push fix from cydia
    Last edited by NYzJatt; 07-16-2009 at 10:57 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys,

Im not that tech savy so looking for some basic help, have a 3GS jailbroken , unlocked iphone. Dont use any of the im programs all is i want is my normail email to work with Push. I have been ready all the thread trying to figure out what to do. I tried to go in cydia to DL the "push fix" but didnt see it in the search. Can anyone help me out with the basics??

Thanks everyone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok so I downloaded the cydia one and it worked on im+ but I don't receive emails which is what I really wanted. I also can't connect to youtube. I am going to uninstall this for now. Not worth it IMO unless email is pushed.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's not intended for Email Push.

Thanks

I tried both manual push fix and Push Fix from Cydia. Neither worked for me. Using a 3G 8GB 3.0. Anybody know a fix, or is one in the works?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am confused about the process. I followed the steps and got Youtube working but I can't get push to work. I used the certs that were uploaded.

But I am kinda confused, I thought the certs were unique to each iPhone so how would using the uploaded certs make sense? Maybe this is the reason why my push is not working?

Will the activation/cert extraction work with an iTouch or only with iPhone?
    Last edited by Zythyr; 11-09-2009 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zythyr View Post
    I am confused about the process. I followed the steps and got Youtube working but I can't get push to work. I used the certs that were uploaded.

But I am kinda confused, I thought the certs were unique to each iPhone so how would using the uploaded certs make sense? Maybe this is the reason why my push is not working?

Will the activation/cert extraction work with an iTouch or only with iPhone?
    The certs really should be unique to each iPhone. This is why the pushfix from Cydia won't work anymore -- too many people using certs downloaded from the internet.

I went around and around with this...

On my 3G iPhone push was easy, I just jailbroke/unlocked with an old AT&T sim.

My second hacktivated 2G was a pain, but it's working fine now.

I used "nimble" (contained in the pushfix packages) to extract the keys from an AT&T activated 2G phone that had working push.

Once I had the keys, I copied them to the hacktivated phone and ran "inject" (also contained in the pushfix package) to import the keys into the hactivated phone's database.

I think there are only two ways to get push working reliably on a 2G hactivated phone:

A) Have someone activate the phone for you with their currently subscribed AT&T iPhone's sim through iTunes.

B) Copy and inject private keys/certs from an iPhone with working push.

Good luck!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So Moose, just to make sure I am reading this correct. You used the following guide on this post to fix your youtube and get your push working correct? I just want to make sure im following the right steps to get this working since my youtube and push arent working with my 2g hactivated phone.

Thanks

go to pushfix.info and get a cert from there. the guy is working on a cydia app right now, but is offering (unique) certs on and off while his completes the app. I installed it on a hacktivated 2G iphone and push has been working great! well worth the 5.99 I paid. and I feel safe knowing that my cert is unique and wont be used by another iPhone down the road. And can be reinstalled if I have to restore. I'm just saying...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zappamann View Post
    So Moose, just to make sure I am reading this correct. You used the following guide on this post to fix your youtube and get your push working correct? I just want to make sure im following the right steps to get this working since my youtube and push arent working with my 2g hactivated phone.
    I didn't really use a guide, but I'm sure there are plenty out there.

Just make sure the keys/certs you're using aren't the public copies floating around on the internet. Inject a working/private set and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jailwut wunnow View Post
    go to pushfix.info and get a cert from there. the guy is working on a cydia app right now, but is offering (unique) certs on and off while his completes the app. I installed it on a hacktivated 2G iphone and push has been working great! well worth the 5.99 I paid. and I feel safe knowing that my cert is unique and wont be used by another iPhone down the road. And can be reinstalled if I have to restore. I'm just saying...
    This would also work.

But I wonder how long this guy will be in business? Probably not much longer after Apple discovers him.
    Last edited by mooselander; 11-10-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just a noob question.
    Does this mean the legit iPhone/iPod used for extracting the key/cert won't have push notification anymore?

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234