+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 117

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: T-Mobile Internet Problem http://wipcore.t-mobile.com Possible Solution!

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
No no no. It was a network-wide "outage" that started working early in the morning.
...
  1. #41
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    No no no. It was a network-wide "outage" that started working early in the morning.

  2. #42
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Global outage contines for me.
    I get redrected to 10.184.76.164/resources-1.4.1/webpages.error.jsp

    and the following message.

    Error unknown. Your homepage is temporarily unavailable. Please try again.

    I get the same error in a nokie t-zones phone.

    I have spoken with t-mobile reps 4 times over the past 3 days.

    They all blame a "global outage" that only affects "some people"

    Sounds like BS to me. How can a global outage be so selective.

    I can however browse t-mobile.com on my iPhone.... so it's not an outage.. it's a block...

    Any ideas?

    Update

    I am no longer getting the error that my homepage is unavailble. However I am in t-zones jail. I can only get to t-mobile sites and sites linked to from the t-zones homepage. If I try to goto another site, say yahoo or google, I get a redirect back to my t-zones homepage.

    Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how do I get beyond the t-zones sites?
    Last edited by dave868; 07-16-2009 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  3. #43
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dave868 View Post
    I get redrected to 10.184.76.164/resources-1.4.1/webpages.error.jsp

    and the following message.

    Error unknown. Your homepage is temporarily unavailable. Please try again.

    I get the same error in a nokie t-zones phone.

    I have spoken with t-mobile reps 4 times over the past 3 days.

    They all blame a "global outage" that only affects "some people"

    Sounds like BS to me. How can a global outage be so selective.

    I can however browse t-mobile.com on my iPhone.... so it's not an outage.. it's a block...

    Any ideas?

    Update

    I am no longer getting the error that my homepage is unavailble. However I am in t-zones jail. I can only get to t-mobile sites and sites linked to from the t-zones homepage. If I try to goto another site, say yahoo or google, I get a redirect back to my t-zones homepage.

    Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how do I get beyond the t-zones sites?
    Do you subscribe to web2go or tzones? If web2go make sure you are using internet2.voicestream.com apn or tzones use epc.tmobile.com apn. If you are already doing this then perhaps some areas are still having problems.

  4. #44
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Quick Question
    I was looking at ditching my Unlimited Total Data Plan at $24.95 a month and switching to the Unlimited Web2Go Plan. Does the Web2Go plan still give you full functionality with browsing? YouTube streaming/searches, audio streaming, etc?


    Thanks!


    Also, I was using internet3.voicestream.com with no problems at all during this "outage"

  5. #45
    iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    237
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 22 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveHavok View Post
    I was looking at ditching my Unlimited Total Data Plan at $24.95 a month and switching to the Unlimited Web2Go Plan. Does the Web2Go plan still give you full functionality with browsing? YouTube streaming/searches, audio streaming, etc?


    Thanks!


    Also, I was using internet3.voicestream.com with no problems at all during this "outage"
    It seems like people people affected by the outage included $9.99web2go users, TZones users, and a select few of the grandfathered $19.99 web plan....

    If you want to sign up for the $9.99 web2go plan you're going to have to give them an IMEI of a phone that is eligible for the plan. If you have any old tmobile phones that can get tzones access, they should work. Personally, I googled a TMobile Shadow IMEI and asked for the Shadow Unlimited plan (same price). The reason they ask for an IMEI is just to put a hurdle on the plan to dissuage people from using it. I use the internet2 (required for the $9.99 plan, I believe) APN and I get full functional browsing. The other spotty area is YouTube I guess, but I downloaded MxTube and eschewed YouTube all together.

    You COULD also try getting the TZones plan using the promo code TZUNL599. I tried once via online chat and was unsuccessful. My next attempt will be to call 611, ask for the Customer Loyalty dept, and request it be added giving the promotion code and saying that I just don't use internet enough to justify even the $10/month and I've read all over the internet that people are signing up for it w/ the promo code. Since I'm a "loyal" customer they may be more inclined to give me the plan if I act angry enough about it and threaten canceling my entire family because of a $6/bill decrease...

  6. #46
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default T-zones Jail
    I have the t-zones plan and have tried all apn's I am aware of. Internet.voicestream.com & Internet2.voicestream.com go nowhere for me. epc.tmobile.com and wap.voicestream.com work. But I can't go beyond the t-zones site. I can get to tmobile.com and sites that link off of the tzones homepage.

    If I try to go anywhere else, I get redirected back the the t-zones site. Is there something I can do on my phone? A proxy perhaps? Or has t-mobile reigned in the t-zones plan?

    Is anyone successfully using the tzones plan? If so, could you share your wisdom?

    Thanks in advance.

  7. #47
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I've been using epc with my T-Zones plan for months and I never have a problem. I have been noticing slower speeds lately. I used to get 175-200kbps and now I get around 100kbps =/

  8. #48
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MREY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mahopac, NY
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    It seems like people people affected by the outage included $9.99web2go users, TZones users, and a select few of the grandfathered $19.99 web plan....

    If you want to sign up for the $9.99 web2go plan you're going to have to give them an IMEI of a phone that is eligible for the plan. If you have any old tmobile phones that can get tzones access, they should work. Personally, I googled a TMobile Shadow IMEI and asked for the Shadow Unlimited plan (same price). The reason they ask for an IMEI is just to put a hurdle on the plan to dissuage people from using it. I use the internet2 (required for the $9.99 plan, I believe) APN and I get full functional browsing. The other spotty area is YouTube I guess, but I downloaded MxTube and eschewed YouTube all together.

    You COULD also try getting the TZones plan using the promo code TZUNL599. I tried once via online chat and was unsuccessful. My next attempt will be to call 611, ask for the Customer Loyalty dept, and request it be added giving the promotion code and saying that I just don't use internet enough to justify even the $10/month and I've read all over the internet that people are signing up for it w/ the promo code. Since I'm a "loyal" customer they may be more inclined to give me the plan if I act angry enough about it and threaten canceling my entire family because of a $6/bill decrease...
    I think your Dead on Asian I've been with Tmob for a very long time and one of things the Rep said was no that's the right plan you're just paying less than you're s'posed to for it so the web-2-go sounds like it's the same thing they charge more for now and in reality it's no slower than it was on my Berry 8900

    I use internet2 just as an fyi
    now how do i get my MMS to work?

    Something else for people to keep in mind is that if Tmobile were to make you change plans they would be violating they're contract with you thus giving up on the $200 fee if you were to cancel that's something to keep in mind and also why people get Grandfathered in unlike with other services such as Cable whre the price just goes up and you pay it.
    This Breach of Contract was a sticking point of my convo with the nervous CR. Don't get bullied by someone who just acts like he's the be all end all and don't get smarmy just because YES you do pay for him to have a job just remind him it's Customer Service not the othere way around in a nice way and that you are upset and just want your situation rectified but that quite frankly it may be your head and that you will probably have to involve a Lawyer because of the nature of the problem it works they don't need class action headlines
    Last edited by MREY; 07-18-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #49
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    I'm here in Houston,TX.
    $2.99 Tzone using epc.tmobile.com still works great...slow and steedy.
    MMS works great too.

    I hope to never see that wipcore

  10. #50
    Developer n00neimp0rtant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,341
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 600 Times in 136 Posts

    Haha, lucky. I remember playing around with my old RAZR when I was about 11 and seeing T-Zones for $2.99. An unlimited data plan for $3 a month. It's unfortunate they wised up and doubled the price. Then added $4 bucks on and a 100MB cap. haha

    Anyway, have you guys ever thought that the T-Mobile people are actually, like, REAL people that may actually come across this forum and read all this stuff? I'm willing to bet that if they wanted to do something about it, they would have a looooong time ago with all the talk we do about it here.

    My T-Zones is and always has been fine with epc.tmobile.com. It works so well I use Slingplayer over EDGE.

  11. #51
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ive had an iphone for over a year now between a 3g and a 3gs on att.. i convinced a friend of mine to turn apple and he picked up a 2g to replace his sidekick on t-mobile...

    ive been sitting here for hours trying to get his edge network to connect.. calls and texts work fine, but none of the apn's have worked.. he has the 19.99 full data plan from his sidekick, and ive tried almost half a dozen apn's but safari either cant connect or gives the redirect depending on the apn.. am i missing something here?? please help

    ...to clarify... using the epc.tmobile.com apn i get the 'upsell' redirect, but from what i understand the plan my friend has is the same service as this 34.99 plan, just at the cheaper price... other apn's tell me that i am not subscribed to a cellular data service.. im a bit confused when it comes to calling t-mobile asking them to change anything, as he already pays for the total internet plan.. i read something about replacing the sim card, i dunno what thats about..
    Last edited by dRuEFFECT; 07-31-2009 at 03:52 AM.

  12. #52
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MREY View Post
    I think your Dead on Asian I've been with Tmob for a very long time and one of things the Rep said was no that's the right plan you're just paying less than you're s'posed to for it so the web-2-go sounds like it's the same thing they charge more for now and in reality it's no slower than it was on my Berry 8900

    I use internet2 just as an fyi
    now how do i get my MMS to work?

    Something else for people to keep in mind is that if Tmobile were to make you change plans they would be violating they're contract with you thus giving up on the $200 fee if you were to cancel that's something to keep in mind and also why people get Grandfathered in unlike with other services such as Cable whre the price just goes up and you pay it.
    This Breach of Contract was a sticking point of my convo with the nervous CR. Don't get bullied by someone who just acts like he's the be all end all and don't get smarmy just because YES you do pay for him to have a job just remind him it's Customer Service not the othere way around in a nice way and that you are upset and just want your situation rectified but that quite frankly it may be your head and that you will probably have to involve a Lawyer because of the nature of the problem it works they don't need class action headlines
    Hey how do u set it up on the blckberry 8900. I hve the web2go for $9.99. Any help would be appreciated.

  13. #53
    My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    769
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 68 Times in 64 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dRuEFFECT View Post
    ive had an iphone for over a year now between a 3g and a 3gs on att.. i convinced a friend of mine to turn apple and he picked up a 2g to replace his sidekick on t-mobile...

    ive been sitting here for hours trying to get his edge network to connect.. calls and texts work fine, but none of the apn's have worked.. he has the 19.99 full data plan from his sidekick, and ive tried almost half a dozen apn's but safari either cant connect or gives the redirect depending on the apn.. am i missing something here?? please help

    ...to clarify... using the epc.tmobile.com apn i get the 'upsell' redirect, but from what i understand the plan my friend has is the same service as this 34.99 plan, just at the cheaper price... other apn's tell me that i am not subscribed to a cellular data service.. im a bit confused when it comes to calling t-mobile asking them to change anything, as he already pays for the total internet plan.. i read something about replacing the sim card, i dunno what thats about..
    hiptop.tmobile.com doesn't work?
    It shoulllld. If it doesn't, add web2go with unlimited web for 9.99. Most reps will ask you for the IMEI of a dumbphone. Or you can try changing it on my.t-mobile.com by changing it to a dumbphone like the TM-506 and then changing the data plan.
    Web2Go works for me. I have the Unlimited web + Text.

  14. #54
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    hiptop.tmobile.com doesn't work?
    It shoulllld. If it doesn't, add web2go with unlimited web for 9.99. Most reps will ask you for the IMEI of a dumbphone. Or you can try changing it on my.t-mobile.com by changing it to a dumbphone like the TM-506 and then changing the data plan.
    Web2Go works for me. I have the Unlimited web + Text.
    My friend has no patience and already caved this morning and called tmobile to upgrade his 19.99 plan to the 34.99 plan... o well.. said the internet should be enabled within 48 hours.. but that was his call...

    im happy over on att without any of these headaches, and running true 3G speeds... i guess you get what you pay for.. =P
    Last edited by dRuEFFECT; 07-31-2009 at 09:50 AM.

  15. #55
    My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    769
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 68 Times in 64 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dRuEFFECT View Post
    My friend has no patience and already caved this morning and called tmobile to upgrade his 19.99 plan to the 34.99 plan... o well.. said the internet should be enabled within 48 hours.. but that was his call...

    im happy over on att without any of these headaches, and running true 3G speeds... i guess you get what you pay for.. =P
    Well honestly it's not hard at all..

    APN: hiptop.t-mobile.com
    Username: guest
    Password: guest


    It should have worked. He can still save grace and get on the web2go but if it doesn't matter to him why bother.

    And AT&T.. hmm.

  16. #56
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MREY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mahopac, NY
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts

    GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    Is right 9.99 web 2 go gets the job done please reread my OP i made it clead I wanted to switch between iPhone and Blackberry although I have now sold the Berry that was the easiest part getting the mms to work was a little tricky on my GF's Iphone but easy enuff on mine

  17. #57
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    I posted yesterday in the afternoon my web2go wasn't working, called TMobile and they said it was a global outage. Around 3am this morning (12 hours after posting here/calling TMobile) my web2go works perfect again!! Still considering switching to TZones if possible though... it is $4 cheaper...
    hey there

    its not working for me. this problem started for me yesterday around 3am. i tried epc.tmobile.com, wap.voicestream.com, internet2.voicestream.com (originally had) also tied restarting the phone still no lunk. any suggestions? thanks

  18. #58
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hapishyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Hello fellows,

    Today is 08/25/09 and I am in NYC in Queens.
    I have read each and every single post in this thread, twice.
    The internet doesnt work on my iPhone since this morning as of around 10.00am. I was changing apns and rebooting phone after every apn and also googling for a solution. I tried all of them internet2, wap, internet3, epc, www2, but none of it worked. On internet2 and wap the email client in the phone just keeps on searching for new email and nothing happens. Again its because the internet is not working. So as I proceed along the posts I found out that this was a global outage and it worked for everybody after a day or two or sometimes for some people after 4 or 5 days. So I am hoping that this is an outage also today and it will work sometime sooner.

    Also like someone mentioned in the post, I am able to see the webpage google.com but nothing else on safari.

    But what I my question is that shall I call tmobile and tell them that my internet is not working. Obviously I will change the sim card to nokia6600 before calling and I wont tell them that I am using iPhone Why would I So shall I call them or just wait.
    I have 3g unlocked, jailbroken, 3.0 16gb with Cydia.

    Also I want to add that wap apn has never ever worked for me. I just use the internet to get emails from the email client built in iPhone. I really dont care about surfing the internet.

    Thanks
    Hapi
    Last edited by hapishyguy; 08-25-2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: More info

  19. #59
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Internet not working with internet2.voicestream.com setting
    i'm having the same problem as hapishguy...only thing is i'm in Los Angeles....i have a 2G 3.0 8 gig on t-mobile with the $9.99 unlimited web plan...i've been using the interet2.voicestream.com setting and it worked fine for about a month or so...but yesterday at around 1 AM LA time it stopped working...when i opened safari it told me i needed to get a webconnect plan from tmobile but when i tried the epc.tmobile.com setting it just tells me theres no network and it doesnt redirect me to a tmobile default page....tried hiptop.tmobile.com also and no luck as well....anyone having the same problem that could help? not sure if it matters but the internet stopped working once my monthly billing cycle ended....

  20. #60
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MREY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mahopac, NY
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts

    I'm currently in Minnesota and look back at the thread I noticed the last time this happened was around the beginning of July as I recall people got this fixed some by chaning APN'S however I had this happen around the middle of July my bill is up on the 7th ususally of the month I just had mine go out as well I'll be callng tmobile about this but something to keep in mind is why would they force a switch to the higher plan simce that usually includes text messaging and I already have a text messaging bundle
    THE last time this happened the Rep made the statement oh you have the right plan you're just paying less for it keeping in mind they have loyalty rates and grandfathering on plans since I'm current on my bill and the new one just came in last week I have to go with a system upgrade error
    I'm calling TMO as we speak
    ok right in the middle of talking to tmo rep a recording came on saying we're unable to answer your call at this time and when i called back they said they cant find theaccount for my phone
    Last edited by MREY; 08-25-2009 at 02:49 PM.
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you


Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts