Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Internet Problem http://wipcore.t-mobile.com Possible Solution!

Default Hmm
    Weird thing is I have a family plan on T-Mobile and both phones are 2G iPhones...

I just upgraded to 3.0 this afternoon on my phone, and when I tried using EDGE on it and that's when I got the "need a Webconnect data plan to use data services on this phone."

BUT on other iPhone that is still using 2.2.1, it works perfectly?

I have the 89.99 Unlimited calls family plan, 9.99 unlimited internet, and unlimited txt....

Everything was working fine until I switched to 3.0!

What is your apn? Are u using internet2.voicestream.com?

It was working fine on the 2.2.1 until I took the SIM card out, tried the 3.0 iPhone SIM card, and now I'm getting the same message on both phones...

but the internet was working fine on the 2.2.1 until I took the SIM card out and put it back in.

I was using www2.voicesteam.com

I highly doubt it's an outage. It appears that T-Mobile has smarted up with this gatekeeper. They want the extra moolah they're missing out on with these 9.99/month packages. I'll cross my fingers it works in the morning.
    Last edited by Joshie Poo; 07-14-2009 at 10:55 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same with my wife's iPhone 3G. She's getting the same message too. We both own the 3G but mine's working pretty fine right now. We tried it on her old T-mo Shadow and her Edge works fine there but not on her iPhone. I'm just sittin back here right now waiting for T-mo to block mines. Crossing my fingers for that

Don't take your SIM out / restart your phone? Maybe.

Thanks

Attention All as of 247 this morning my web 2 go plan was back up and running wi fi was shut off I rebooted the phone as per T mobile instructions when I spoke to them earlier

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MREY For This Useful Post:

gotkilled (07-15-2009)

confirmed and working! thanks mrey for the update. I was able to access the web again after rebooting the iphone.

Update: Seems like internet is considerably slower, however it could be on my side as i only have 2-3 bars at the moment.
    Last edited by gotkilled; 07-15-2009 at 02:27 AM.

Yay mine started working too.

Confirmed. Internet is now working.

you guys were having issues... and made a thread before restarting your phone? wow....

anyways, if that ever happens again, try using epc.tmobile.com... i haven't had any problems with that APN

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    you guys were having issues... and made a thread before restarting your phone? wow....

anyways, if that ever happens again, try using epc.tmobile.com... i haven't had any problems with that APN

Um yeah I restarted the phone 3 times with no luck. The last reboot was because after T-mobile fixed the problem that alot of users were having it was reco'd that people restart which makes sense the problem was not with the apn's but on Tmo's end.

Default Update: $9.99 T-mobile Web2Go working again!
    Yesterday (7-14-09), Tmobile $9.99 web2go internet on my 2G Iphone and my wife's 2G Iphone stopped working.

APN: internet2.voicestream.com

Her phone was running 2.2 OS.
    Mine was running 3.0 OS.

Rebooted both Iphone's this morning and confirmed:

EDGE INTERNET IS NOW WORKING AGAIN...but seems ridiculously slower than before.

T-Mobile, you have managed to keep thousands of clients again!
    For now......

***Note: Neither epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicestream.com worked for me.
    Last edited by istandalone22; 07-15-2009 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MREY View Post
    Um yeah I restarted the phone 3 times with no luck. The last reboot was because after T-mobile fixed the problem that alot of users were having it was reco'd that people restart which makes sense the problem was not with the apn's but on Tmo's end.
    Gotcha, i wasn't aware of that.

But i'm on the web to go plan and haven't had a single issue with my edge for months now...
    I guess its a regional thing?

also why do you all use that voicestream apn? does the tmobile one just not work right?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    Gotcha, i wasn't aware of that.

But i'm on the web to go plan and haven't had a single issue with my edge for months now...
    I guess its a regional thing?

also why do you all use that voicestream apn? does the tmobile one just not work right?
    if you keep up with looking through these forums at all you would know that not all APNs work for everyone. It is probably a regional thing...neither epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicestream.com work for me. only internet2.voicestream.com

but it hasnt been working for a couple of days and now it is finally up again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

I posted yesterday in the afternoon my web2go wasn't working, called TMobile and they said it was a global outage. Around 3am this morning (12 hours after posting here/calling TMobile) my web2go works perfect again!! Still considering switching to TZones if possible though... it is $4 cheaper...

Thanks

its working for me too.yaeee
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

Seattle, WA

internet2... Working again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same here with me We're back online again!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    I posted yesterday in the afternoon my web2go wasn't working, called TMobile and they said it was a global outage. Around 3am this morning (12 hours after posting here/calling TMobile) my web2go works perfect again!! Still considering switching to TZones if possible though... it is $4 cheaper...
    haha thanks for calling them maybe they worked it out for us. Working again though good stuff. Now just for how long. Let's hope t-mobile doesn't have any more of these (at least for me) almost week long outages.

hell yeah it works again. lol

seattle, wa

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast