Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Switching..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help Switching..
    Would anyone care to walk me through switching to T-Mobile. I'm fed up with AT&T's lame customer service and overall quality. Plus it just seems outrageously expensive to pay nearly double what TMo iPhone users pay considering the reviews of their service as well.
    I have a 3G running 3.0 and would like a basic run through of how some of you when about jailbreaking/unlocking and ultimately getting T-Mobile service to work. I haven't unlocked my phone since i had the original iPhone running 1.1.4 I think it was, so any pointers would be appreciated!!
    I also would like to know what plans you guys are using and how it is working out for you.
    If there already is a thread like this if anyone could please post the link or PM it to me. Cheers!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sergio920 View Post
    Would anyone care to walk me through switching to T-Mobile. I'm fed up with AT&T's lame customer service and overall quality. Plus it just seems outrageously expensive to pay nearly double what TMo iPhone users pay considering the reviews of their service as well.
    I have a 3G running 3.0 and would like a basic run through of how some of you when about jailbreaking/unlocking and ultimately getting T-Mobile service to work. I haven't unlocked my phone since i had the original iPhone running 1.1.4 I think it was, so any pointers would be appreciated!!
    I also would like to know what plans you guys are using and how it is working out for you.
    If there already is a thread like this if anyone could please post the link or PM it to me. Cheers!!
    Good choice my friend! Well, the only disadvantages will be related to internet speed. With AT&T, you got 3G. With T-Mo, you will only get EDGE. As far as unlocking/jailbreaking, it's very simple. We use redsn0w to jailbreak and ultrasn0w to unlock.

The jailbreaking tutorial can be found here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...0-redsn0w.html

The unlocking tutorial can be found here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...-unlocked.html

I suggest jailbreaking with Cydia alone. Try to stay away from Icy. Follow the tutorial steps and you'll be just fine. It's amazingly easy to jailbreak and unlock now.

Regarding the plan, that is up to you. I would suggest you get the web2go $9.99 service (in addition to any voice plan) which gives you unlimited internet. If you text, you can get the $19.99 plan which gives you unlimited internet + unlimited text. Use internet2.voicestream.com as the apn. Once you get this I can teach you how to install MMS, tethering, push and visual voicemail (which T-mo will soon release).

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Last edited by adp; 07-02-2009 at 06:31 PM.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

3. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

sergio920 (07-05-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Awesome man, I have an unlocked phone on T-Mobile woohoo!! I'm so happy man, AT&T's been a nightmare for over two years now hehe.
    ONe question though, I've installed the Tmo bundle from one of the stickies in the forum but can't get MMS to work. Everything else, tethering, data, works.