+ Reply
Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 49 89979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I need volunteers to test Visual Voice Mail. Email me if you satisfy the following requirements. You use the standard IPCC. You are running iOS 4.2.1. You have a data
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I need volunteers to test Visual Voice Mail. Email me if you satisfy the following requirements.
    1. You use the standard IPCC.
    2. You are running iOS 4.2.1.
    3. You have a data plan.
    4. You know my email address to apply.
    5. You are not brain comatose.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can test it for you.

Tell me what I need to do.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wishin' I had standard....glad I only pay 10 bucks a month though! Legacy for life!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNatrix View Post
    Wishin' I had standard....glad I only pay 10 bucks a month though! Legacy for life!
    The problem is that T-Mobile’s beacon server replies with the voicemail server domain as vvm.tmomail.net, which is only accessible through epc.tmobile.net. However, the IP address 66.94.9.132 is accessible by anyone. So, it may be possible to hardcode VVM information by patching iOS’ VVM configuration. Hence, why standard is necessary for now.

Thanks

The Sidedekick bundles will be removed in the next update since T-Mobile will end service.

It seems no one cares for visual voice mail since only two people bothered to email me and both can't test for various reasons.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    The Sidedekick bundles will be removed in the next update since T-Mobile will end service.

It seems no one cares for visual voice mail since only two people bothered to email me and both can't test for various reasons.
    I would totally test if it worked on legacy. I'm super interested in visual voicemail. I currently use yap. It's not great and I want native! If you can explain to me how to get it working on legacy I'll test it on mine and about 30 other iPhones I manage for people!

Green Apple
    Thanks

what happened to the blog....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yea... what happened? where's the link to the blog?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is there an carrier bundle with the mms APN set at epc.tmobile.com? I use the standard tmobile ipc but MMS only works when I enable cellular data network and have to manually change the apn from wap.voicestream.com to epc.tmobile.com

Also willing to test visual voicemail if needed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by la79 View Post
    Is there an carrier bundle with the mms APN set at epc.tmobile.com? I use the standard tmobile ipc but MMS only works when I enable cellular data network and have to manually change the apn from wap.voicestream.com to epc.tmobile.com

Also willing to test visual voicemail if needed.
    A) The standard .ipcc does use the epc.tmobile.com setting if I'm not mistaken
    B) If you can edit those apn fields you've messed up somewhere in hard loading the bundle. You shouldn't be able to change them after its loaded. Make sure you've applied any necessary commcenter patches
    C) MMS with tmobile uses cellular data. You can't send an mms with it off period. There's no way around that.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I agree with point A but that is for cellular data NOT MMS. The apn for MMS is wap.voicestream.com.

Also I can edit my APN because I added:

HTML Code:
    <key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    <true/>
    To the carrier.plist I needed to see what default settings the standard ipc was adding. Wap.voicestream.com was there already.

Carrier bundle and patch were loaded fine no problem. If I remember someone else had this problem also:

T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

2006yamahaR6 had a similar problem.

This link below actually shows what the settings are for each bundle:

iPhone T-Mobile Data and MMS Settings | Re-Wireless.com

So the question goes back to if there is a bundle with the MMS apn set to epc.tmobile.com?
    Last edited by la79; 03-18-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well I ended up modifying SpookyET's original t-mobile_us_standard.ipcc bundle with the APN set at epc.tmobile.com for MMS and it is now working fine with Tmobile. I can recieve and send MMS messages.

Funny thing I noticed is that I use an Android Internet Plan so I believe this could have been the problem.

I also added the Facetime:

HTML Code:
    <key>RegistrationOptInRequired</key>
    <true/>
    to the bundle which asks for approval to activate Facetime when you turn it on.

The stock symbol for Tmobile in the Stocks app was removed also since Deutsche Telekom delisted from the NYSE and was changed to DTEGY.PK

Thanks to SpookeyET for the original ipcc.

If your interested and you want this "t-mobile_us_android.ipcc" let me know.

Thanks

Well I ended up modifying SpookyET's original t-mobile_us_standard.ipcc bundle with the APN set at epc.tmobile.com for MMS and it is now working fine with Tmobile. I can recieve and send MMS messages.

Funny thing I noticed is that I use an Android Internet Plan so I believe this could have been the problem.

HTML Code:
    <true/>

The stock symbol for Tmobile in the Stocks app was removed also since Deutsche Telekom delisted from the NYSE and was changed to DTEGY.PK

Sometimes, there are different APNs for the same account type. It just depends in which region of the country you are. T-mobile is a mess. There is no wonder that Deutsche Telekom AG are trying to get rid of them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HTML Code:
    <true/>

Hello - I have been trying for the longest time to activate FaceTime on my iPhone 4. I am on T-Mobile and had it working before I upgraded to 4.2.1 (jailbroken/ultrasn0wed). You sound like you have it activated and figured out a way to do it. Will you please help? Thanks a ton.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 40ozBulldog's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey everyone, this thread is scary long. I was wondering if someone would be able to just help me with my phone so I don't have to sift through 132 pages to find my answer.

I'm running an iPhone 3G on 4.2.1 and want to enable MMS, when I re-jailbroke to 4.2.1 I lost my MMS icon on my messaging.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sup spooky just wanted to ask as i see this thread slowly died will you be updating the package for tmobile and simple for 4.3 - 4.3.1

Thanks

Perhaps, I will if I was incentivised to do so. Hit that donation button.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 40ozBulldog View Post
    Hey everyone, this thread is scary long. I was wondering if someone would be able to just help me with my phone so I don't have to sift through 132 pages to find my answer.

I'm running an iPhone 3G on 4.2.1 and want to enable MMS, when I re-jailbroke to 4.2.1 I lost my MMS icon on my messaging.
    I would try restoring the phone again. It sounds like you deleted or changed something you shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by lalakash View Post
    Hello - I have been trying for the longest time to activate FaceTime on my iPhone 4. I am on T-Mobile and had it working before I upgraded to 4.2.1 (jailbroken/ultrasn0wed). You sound like you have it activated and figured out a way to do it. Will you please help? Thanks a ton.
    You should try Mitime for facetime. Google it. To be honest ever since iOS 4.2.1 facetime has been a little weird when activating it on an unsupported carrier.
    Last edited by la79; 04-05-2011 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Can we get bundles for 4.3.1 for Tmobile USA please? I'm also aware that a commcenter patch needs to be made. Who does that?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNatrix View Post
    Can we get bundles for 4.3.1 for Tmobile USA please? I'm also aware that a commcenter patch needs to be made. Who does that?
    If you would of looked like three post back you would of seen that I already asked that and if you look right under it you can see that he responded....asking for donations.....about the commpatch Idk but I don't think one is needed and u can still use the same one but don't take my word for it I'm just thinking this