+ Reply
Page 92 of 103 FirstFirst ... 42 829091929394 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
yeah i just got done doing that and still nothing....what do you recommend i try next ? what about some of the other MMS settings? like mmsc, mms proxy, etc?
    Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah i just got done doing that and still nothing....what do you recommend i try next ? what about some of the other MMS settings? like mmsc, mms proxy, etc?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2006yamahaR6 View Post
    I always jailbreak with PwnageTool and have no problems, ever! Try this custom firmware I've made for you: iPhone3,1_4,1_8B117_Custom_Restore.ipsw. You will need an AT&T SIM to activate.
    1. Restore in DFU mode.
    2. Install the CommCenter patch found in the first post of this forum for iOS 4.1.
    3. Reboot.
    4. Install ultrasn0w.
    5. Reboot.
    6. Install the 4.1 IPCC.
    7. Reboot.

Test everything before installing crapware from Cydia. If this doesn't work, I'm done. You're on your on. It's not fair to others who need my help in other places on other topics.

I have found that he who demands most of my time compensates me the least.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    I always jailbreak with PwnageTool and have no problems, ever! Try this custom firmware I've made for you: iPhone3,1_4,1_8B117_Custom_Restore.ipsw. You will need an AT&T SIM to activate.
    1. Restore in DFU mode.
    2. Install the CommCenter patch found in the first post of this forum for iOS 4.1.
    3. Reboot.
    4. Install ultrasn0w.
    5. Reboot.
    6. Install the 4.1 IPCC.
    7. Reboot.

Test everything before installing crapware from Cydia. If this doesn't work, I'm done. You're on your on. It's not fair to others who need my help in other places on other topics.

Hey Spooky. I have a quick question.

I noticed you gave him a custom firmware,
    now i'm no unlocking expert, but i've been doing a ton of reading so i'm assuming if was made with pwnage tool for 4.1, correct?

Based of what i've read, this is the only way to keep the ultrasnow unlock, is it?

If the above is correct, I just spent 3 hours of researching for nothing, as I currently don't have a MAC =/

Have you by any chance uploaded a custom firmware for a 3GS you can share? If you have, can i restore it on windows even though it was made with a MAC OS pwnage tool?

I would really appreciate any assistance you can give me. Like I said I wanted to investigate as much as I could before coming to the forums.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by droop4 View Post
    ....Based of what i've read, this is the only way to keep the ultrasnow unlock, is it?...
    Yes, yes, and yes.

You must use a custom firmware to retain the current baseband and unlock.

Update: iPhone 4 owners are lucky. They can also use TinyUmbrella.
    Last edited by Mes; 11-09-2010 at 08:39 AM.

Thanks

Why is it expected of me to do everything? Someone make him a custom firmware in PwnageTool.

Thanks

Why is it expected of me to do everything? Someone make him a custom firmware in PwnageTool.
    It's not expected. I just thought you liked to help. I mean how else would you get donations. hint hint
    lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by droop4 View Post
    It's not expected. I just thought you liked to help. I mean how else would you get donations. hint hint
    lol
    I haven't created this thread for money. People don't donate. One person donating every 6 months or so $5 is not an incentive but a show of appreciation.

I wasn't thinking of money but of time. A person probably wants a custom firmware to get a usable phone in an hour or two, not 2 days later. If I don't do it, someone else needs to step in.

Update: iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Custom_Restore.ipsw.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 11-11-2010 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

1. Restore in DFU mode.
    3. Reboot.
    4. Install ultrasn0w.
    5. Reboot.
    6. Install the 4.1 IPCC.
    7. Reboot.

Hey Spooky, just following directions and was wondering how I install the commcenter patch. Does this install onto the iphone? Does it have to be SSH'd into the phone? I'm just confused about this part. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devesstate View Post
    Hey Spooky, just following directions and was wondering how I install the commcenter patch. Does this install onto the iphone? Does it have to be SSH'd into the phone? I'm just confused about this part. Thanks in advance.
    Transfer the deb file onto the phone and install it via Cydia's AutoInstall feature or via dpkg -i myfile.deb.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

devesstate (11-21-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Transfer the deb file onto the phone and install it via Cydia's AutoInstall feature or via dpkg -i myfile.deb.
    Thanks for the response Spooky. I was fortunate enough to use the cydia repo and got the T-mobile MMS fix from there.

Thanks

iOS 4.2 carrier bundles will be released as soon I am able to inspect the new firmware for changes. Meanwhile, if anyone cares for T-Mobile USA GSM Codes, you may read them. Be aware that they are account type dependent and not all will work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone Model: 2G running 3.1.3
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - T-zones
    Voice Plan: Family Time Plus 2000
    Data Plan: T-Zones
    SMS: Unlimited Messages
    Time with T-Mobile: 10 years
    Last Plan Change: 5 years ago
    Problem: I'd like to activate the Native MMS but I can't seem to figure out what to do? I've tried installing the ios3.1_1.0.1 t-mobile_us_t-zones.ipcc via itunes and also the standard carrier bundle? I have also tried the carrier bundle that is available via cydia, nothing seems to work?

thanks in advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeleveleD View Post
    iPhone Model: 2G running 3.1.3
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - T-zones
    Voice Plan: Family Time Plus 2000
    Data Plan: T-Zones
    SMS: Unlimited Messages
    Time with T-Mobile: 10 years
    Last Plan Change: 5 years ago
    Problem: I'd like to activate the Native MMS but I can't seem to figure out what to do? I've tried installing the ios3.1_1.0.1 t-mobile_us_t-zones.ipcc via itunes and also the standard carrier bundle? I have also tried the carrier bundle that is available via cydia, nothing seems to work?

thanks in advance
    2G does not allow native MMS. It requires some patches. Then you can install the carrier bundle. I don't remember the name of the patch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks, any advice where to look? i've been googling like crazy...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone happen to know them for 4.2 I would like to use my Facetime and send and get MMS. Any help would be great. thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Okay, quick question so far I've not been able to find the answer. Waiting on Sunday for the BB 5.14.02 unlock. Now my T-mobile plan has the unlimited Data already, Will my iPhone 3G be able to use the internet like the phone I have now, or will I have to use wifi only?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Is there a commCenter and IPCC file for 4.0.2 on iphone4?

I have a replacement iphone4 with 4.0.2 and bb 1.59... unlocked and working with call only. Data/edge is not working....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerrors View Post
    Okay, quick question so far I've not been able to find the answer. Waiting on Sunday for the BB 5.14.02 unlock. Now my T-mobile plan has the unlimited Data already, Will my iPhone 3G be able to use the internet like the phone I have now, or will I have to use wifi only?
    It will work.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Alright, well what needs to be done so that it will work, right now I'm getting the m.web2go page every time I try to use network data and not wifi.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ndkone View Post

I have a replacement iphone4 with 4.0.2 and bb 1.59... unlocked and working with call only. Data/edge is not working....
    What you need is in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerrors View Post
    Alright, well what needs to be done so that it will work, right now I'm getting the m.web2go page every time I try to use network data and not wifi.
    What you need is in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by ndkone View Post

Does anybody bother to read the first post? What you need is there.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 11-29-2010 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost