Page 91 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41 818990919293 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

I am unsure why you needed the carrier reset fix, whatever that is. Perhaps, there was a problem with the CommCenter patch. I can't vouch for patches from random Cydia repositories. I can only vouch for the one I link. You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble by upgrading to 4.1.

I'm glad it worked. You're welcome.

According to Mes' conspiracy theories, I won't afford to pay the water bill for my jacuzzi at my mansion in Bel Air if I don't scam people to donate for the carrier bundles. You don't have to donate; I have it covered. I shall take a couple of buckets and steal water from Mes' pool to fill my jacuzzi.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

flounderasu (11-07-2010)

oddly enough - i forgot to mention that the problems i was having (on the other restored iphone 4 i had) were actually on 4.1 fw

duno what the deal with that was but either way - it worked and i hope it can help anyone else thats having issues

yo im LOST! can someone help me out on gettin this done on my phone. i dont see the option on my online accoutn to switch from smartphone plan to web to go. as if i would have to call to make this happen

switch my plan to an unlimited text plan and the minutes i want in talk then what do i do to get web to go? all this legacy talk and stuff got me lost. so then i can begin installin the bundle and stuff

i dont see the $10 plan online.. the plan that i currently have is the Unlimited Loyalty for Families
    Unlimited Whenever Minutes, Whenever Unlimited nights & weekends ,N/A in network
    Last edited by sixbuilding; 11-07-2010 at 05:36 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    ...I shall take a couple of buckets and steal water from Mes' pool to fill my jacuzzi.
    No need to steal, I give it freely

Quote Originally Posted by sixbuilding View Post
    yo im LOST! can someone help me out on gettin this done on my phone. i dont see the option on my online accoutn to switch from smartphone plan to web to go. as if i would have to call to make this happen

switch my plan to an unlimited text plan and the minutes i want in talk then what do i do to get web to go? all this legacy talk and stuff got me lost. so then i can begin installin the bundle and stuff

i dont see the $10 plan online.. the plan that i currently have is the Unlimited Loyalty for Families
    Unlimited Whenever Minutes, Whenever Unlimited nights & weekends ,N/A in network
    The plans you see are dependent on the phone you have selected. I don't remember what phone you need to have. Just select the crappiest phone to get the cheapest data plan, AKA non smart phones. Otherwise, you'll have to call. Don't mention you have an iPhone.

ooo **** i see what u mean lol but damn they are charging me a 200 early contract termination fee on the other line that i have on my family plan...lol smn this sux man... i guess its not worth doin it for now... i hope this trick stil exist in a year when my contract is up... **** thank for the help anyways guys... imma try and switch my plan anyway somehow

plus!!! a $35 activation fee on my phone... damn this sux man... im mad right now... i would end up paying everything i would save in one year in one shot lol gotta wait till next year guys... you think this will still be available next year?

this is with me trying to do it online tho... imma try callin cause when i broke my iphone 3gs last month they did the changes for me to take the smartphone plan off with none of these fees so imma try and call and say i broke my iphone again and see if they can do it without all these crazy fees they throwin at me online cause they even offered me the unlimited $10 internet when i had my nokia phone for the mean time and i had declined like an idiot i would have been straight by now!! but imma try and tonite lol hahaha! ill keep u guys updated
    Last edited by sixbuilding; 11-08-2010 at 06:41 AM.

That blows, that's why I hate contracts - what you can do t get out of it for free is this : say you're moving out of the country (to a place tmobile does not serve) - you'll have to provide proof - such as a foreign drivers license or something like a bill to your foreign address but it will get your out of contract - and obviously you'll wanna do the new line under someone else's name lol

i needed to enable apn editing to setup MMS .... so i went to system/library/carrier bundles but couldnt find the tmobile_us carrier folder (i saw the 100 others including tmobile_uk... but not us
    Last edited by 2006yamahaR6; 11-08-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by 2006yamahaR6 View Post
    i needed to enable apn editing to setup MMS .... so i went to system/library/carrier bundles but couldnt find the tmobile_us carrier folder (i saw the 100 others including tmobile_uk... but not us
    It's not installed there. The carrier bundle does everything for you, including MMS. There is no need to tinker.

unfortunately my mms isnt working

unfortunately my mms isnt working
    I need details. One broken sentence isn't going to give me enough information to help you.

okay well what information do you need?

okay well what information do you need?
    Comprehend that I need to see some effort from a person asking for help before I bother.
    What information do you think I need?

well if I knew enough to know what to provide you with, I probably wouldnt need help from someone else to figure out why my phone thinks MMS doesnt exist - there is no option to turn mms on or off in settings>messages; theres no little camera next (left) to the text box where you type out the message, i'm not recieving MMS messages, and if I go to a pic and hit the share button, the only option to share pics i'm given is via email

not sure if thats what you were looking for, let me know if there is something else specifically

well if I knew enough to know what to provide you with, I probably wouldnt need help from someone else to figure out why my phone thinks MMS doesnt exist - there is no option to turn mms on or off in settings>messages; theres no little camera next (left) to the text box where you type out the message, i'm not recieving MMS messages, and if I go to a pic and hit the share button, the only option to share pics i'm given is via email

not sure if thats what you were looking for, let me know if there is something else specifically
    That is what I needed to know. The carrier bundle only provides information on how to deliver an MMS message. It cannot turn the functionality on nor off. Have you installed Cydia crapware, tinkered with files via SSH? What jailbreak did you use?

i havent tinkered with any files via anything, all i have installed is cydia is the following:

Activator
    SBSettings
    MiTime (to test push notificaitons)

the jb i used was Greenpois0n
    ifile,
    openSSH
    ultrasn0w

thats about it

with your carrier bundles once installed (correctly), I should theoretically have mms ready to go without any configuration?
    Last edited by 2006yamahaR6; 11-08-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i havent tinkered with any files via anything, all i have installed is cydia is the following:

Activator
    SBSettings
    MiTime (to test push notificaitons)

the jb i used was Greenpois0n
    ifile,
    openSSH
    ultrasn0w

thats about it

with your carrier bundles once installed (correctly), I should theoretically have mms ready to go without any configuration?
    I don't know what activator is. Did you tinker with SBSettings?

activator is a mobile substrate addon that allows gesture based commands (i.e. - you swipe across the status bar and the SBSettings window pops up)

and no i didnt mess with sbsettings, thers not much you can do there other than turn mobile substrate addons on and off, and rearrange toggles

lets make things more exciting: i decided to reinstall the ipcc files from your bundle, and now the option to send a MMS is available... but it still doesnt actually work

I remember when I was configuring my MMS i had to try 2 or 3 different apn combos and the one that worked on mine was different from the one that worked on a friends

(i believe it was... wap.voicestream.com
    Last edited by 2006yamahaR6; 11-08-2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

activator is a mobile substrate addon that allows gesture based commands (i.e. - you swipe across the status bar and the SBSettings window pops up)

and no i didnt mess with sbsettings, thers not much you can do there other than turn mobile substrate addons on and off, and rearrange toggles

lets make things more exciting: i decided to reinstall the ipcc files from your bundle, and now the option to send a MMS is available... but it still doesnt actually work

I remember when I was configuring my MMS i had to try 2 or 3 different apn combos and the one that worked on mine was different from the one that worked on a friends

(i believe it was... wap.voicestream.com

My money is on SBSettings being the problem. You should always get your phone to work first, then install is Cydia crapware one at time. It's very hard to debug otherwise.

That is the standard APN. Legacy uses that APN.

is it possible to change the apn to test out EPC.tmobile.com? that has worked for me before and currently works for some people

is it possible to change the apn to test out EPC.tmobile.com? that has worked for me before and currently works for some people
    That's not a WAP APN. MMS uses WAP. It's not the bundle. I suggest you uninstall Cydia crapware. Or start from the beginning, preferably with iOS 4.1 with 4.0 baseband using PwnageTool.

Page 91 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41 818990919293 101 ... LastLast