Page 83 of 103 FirstFirst ... 33 738182838485 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

  1. #1641
    iOS 4.0.2 is out. Don't accept it! Please wait for further details.

    It most likely patches the PDF exploit used by jailbreakme.com.

  2. #1642
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Make sure iTunes is closed. Just paste that line in Start > Run.
    I have tried that soooooo many times. Sorry fo being a pain but this is what I get when I past the line into Start > Run



  3. #1643
    Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    I have tried that soooooo many times. Sorry fo being a pain but this is what I get when I past the line into Start > Run


    The definition of insanity is repeating the same action expecting a different result. Figure out where iTunes is installed on your system and adjust the path accordingly.

  4. #1644
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    The definition of insanity is repeating the same action expecting a different result. Figure out where iTunes is installed on your system and adjust the path accordingly.
    Thanks? I guess.

  5. #1645
    I advise anyone with an iPhone 3G to stay on 3.1.2/3.1.3 and not upgrade to 4.0.x. It's slow as hell, even if you do a clean install. Maybe, they'll bother to fix it in 4.1.

  6. #1646
    Internet tethering shows up for me after applying the bundle.

    Is it still necessary to use the patch?

  7. #1647
    iPhone Model: 2G
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Standard
    Voice Plan: Family 700
    Data Plan: T-Mobile Tzones
    Time with T-Mobile: 24 months


    Hi.. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I did a search on Wifi in this thread and read every post.. and didn't see what I was looking for..

    I followed the tethering instructions for Tmobile for two phones.. one phone works fine... but the other phone's wifi doesn't work anymore. It can't even detect available networks to connect to.. sometimes it sees a network briefly and if I try to connect to it .. it says unable to connect..

    The iphone is a 2g with 3.1.2. I have also tried to restore it to factory default. The interesting this here is that after I restore it (and it's locked and not jailbroken) The iphone will show the normal "for emergency use only" screen, but I see that it's connected to Tmobile and I have a data plan (shows "E" at the top)

    .. ok.. so finally my question..

    Is it possible that this whole procedure for tethering could have caused this on the iphone? Searching google has been fruitless for me.

    Thank you anyone who can help me..
    Last edited by roobix; 08-12-2010 at 12:23 AM.

  8. #1648
    Quote Originally Posted by borgel View Post
    Internet tethering shows up for me after applying the bundle.

    Is it still necessary to use the patch?
    It shouldn't show up without a patch and a bundle. So, I don't know what Cydia crapware you have installed.

    Quote Originally Posted by roobix View Post
    iPhone Model: 2G
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Standard
    Voice Plan: Family 700
    Data Plan: T-Mobile Tzones
    Time with T-Mobile: 24 months


    Hi.. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I did a search on Wifi in this thread and read every post.. and didn't see what I was looking for..

    I followed the tethering instructions for Tmobile for two phones.. one phone works fine... but the other phone's wifi doesn't work anymore. It can't even detect available networks to connect to.. sometimes it sees a network briefly and if I try to connect to it .. it says unable to connect..

    The iphone is a 2g with 3.1.2. I have also tried to restore it to factory default. The interesting this here is that after I restore it (and it's locked and not jailbroken) The iphone will show the normal "for emergency use only" screen, but I see that it's connected to Tmobile and I have a data plan (shows "E" at the top)

    .. ok.. so finally my question..

    Is it possible that this whole procedure for tethering could have caused this on the iphone? Searching google has been fruitless for me.

    Thank you anyone who can help me..
    iPhone 2G's have always been problematic due the amount of patches they require. Are you restoring to the official firmware or one made with PwnageTool that has unlock embedded? Is this iPhone officially unlocked? There are a bunch of patches in the first post for iPhone 2G. Are they out of date?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 08-12-2010 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #1649
    Can you make a ipcc that uses internet2.voicestream.com for MMS? On my 3gs, the Legacy wap.voicestream.com worked for MMS, but for the Iphone 4 it doesn't work for some reason.

    T-Mobile's support site shows internet2.voicestream.com as being one of the APN settings for MMS.

    Camera Phone Picture Messaging Settings

  10. #1650
    Quote Originally Posted by sammybaddy View Post
    Can you make a ipcc that uses internet2.voicestream.com for MMS? On my 3gs, the Legacy wap.voicestream.com worked for MMS, but for the Iphone 4 it doesn't work for some reason.

    T-Mobile's support site shows internet2.voicestream.com as being one of the APN settings for MMS.

    Camera Phone Picture Messaging Settings
    The ZIP in the first post has a legacy IPCC. Use it.

  11. #1651
    Thats what I currently have installed on my iphone, but MMS isnt working. I think because that ipcc uses wap.voicestream.com

  12. #1652
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post

    iPhone 2G's have always been problematic due the amount of patches they require. Are you restoring to the official firmware or one made with PwnageTool that has unlock embedded? Is this iPhone officially unlocked? There are a bunch of patches in the first post for iPhone 2G. Are they out of date?
    I go to iclarified's website to grab the firmware since I don't know where else to get firmware to make it work (i'm on windows)

    It's possible that I might have messed up the 2g by updating with an official firmware and unlocking/jailbreaking the iphone with redsn0w?

    Every time i do a manual restore using Itunes and the Ipsw file, I always need to jailbreak and unlock again..

    I have no idea if the front page's instructions are out of date..

  13. #1653
    iPhone Model: 2g
    Firmware: 3.1.3 Jailbroken and unlocked with redsnow.
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US
    Data Plan: T-Mobile G1 Unlimited Web
    SMS: T-Mobile G1 Unlimited Messages
    Time with T-Mobile: 2 yrs

    Problem: I am not able to use edge and would like to also configure bluetooth, tethering, and picture mms. I am not able to Go into my cellular data (only says on/off). I dont have the phone with me now, but when i get my hands on it i will try unlockit.co.nz.
    Last edited by Shant21; 08-12-2010 at 01:22 PM.

  14. #1654
    What's Jailbreak? sonofray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City USA
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Question CommCenter/bundle vs. manual/pushfix MMS?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Stay away from hacks and don't use them in conjecture with the carrie bundles. All you have to do is install the patch and my carrier bundle. What's taking you so long?
    iPhone Model: 3GS
    Carrier Bundle FORMERLY Used: T-Mobile US - Legacy
    Voice Plan: Family 7000
    Data Plan: $10 Web to go
    SMS: $10 Family Unlimited
    Time with T-Mobile: 4 yrs
    Last Plan Change: 1 yr ago

    Currently I have a 3GS (new iBoot)/4.01/jb'd on jailbreakme.com. I input the "cellular data network" APN myself (internet2.voicestream.com), and used the "iOS4 MMS Fix" from Pushfix. I then input the MMS APN (wap.voicestream.com).

    What are the benefits of using the CommCenter patch you've mentioned and your carrier bundle over these methods? ("hacks")

    Thanks for everything.

  15. #1655
    Quote Originally Posted by roobix View Post
    I go to iclarified's website to grab the firmware since I don't know where else to get firmware to make it work (i'm on windows)

    It's possible that I might have messed up the 2g by updating with an official firmware and unlocking/jailbreaking the iphone with redsn0w?

    Every time i do a manual restore using Itunes and the Ipsw file, I always need to jailbreak and unlock again..

    I have no idea if the front page's instructions are out of date..
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofray View Post
    iPhone Model: 3GS
    Carrier Bundle FORMERLY Used: T-Mobile US - Legacy
    Voice Plan: Family 7000
    Data Plan: $10 Web to go
    SMS: $10 Family Unlimited
    Time with T-Mobile: 4 yrs
    Last Plan Change: 1 yr ago

    Currently I have a 3GS (new iBoot)/4.01/jb'd on jailbreakme.com. I input the "cellular data network" APN myself (internet2.voicestream.com), and used the "iOS4 MMS Fix" from Pushfix. I then input the MMS APN (wap.voicestream.com).

    What are the benefits of using the CommCenter patch you've mentioned and your carrier bundle over these methods? ("hacks")

    Thanks for everything.
    Benefits? It's done properly. No hacks. It's a carrier settings bundle made for T-Mobile which all 157 official iPhone carriers have in iOS.

  16. #1656
    What's Jailbreak? _zen_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Benefits? It's done properly. No hacks. It's a carrier settings bundle made for T-Mobile which all 157 official iPhone carriers have in iOS.
    I agree with SpookyET and you know what you are doing with your phone.
    No need to guest when you need to fix the problem

  17. #1657
    What's Jailbreak? sonofray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City USA
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Default A wee bit of iClarification
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Benefits? It's done properly. No hacks. It's a carrier settings bundle made for T-Mobile which all 157 official iPhone carriers have in iOS.
    I guess I was inquiring about functional benefits (i.e. tethering works, etc.) Outside of that, it seems it's a matter of definitions/opinions. A CommCenter patch seems like a hack to me, but perhaps not to others. It truly makes no difference to me. I'll do it as pretty or ugly as it takes. I guess I'm trying to understand the benefits to the user.

    Hope I don't read as snarky. Not trying to be. I've benefited from your work for a couple years now.

  18. #1658
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofray View Post
    I guess I was inquiring about functional benefits (i.e. tethering works, etc.) Outside of that, it seems it's a matter of definitions/opinions. A CommCenter patch seems like a hack to me, but perhaps not to others. It truly makes no difference to me. I'll do it as pretty or ugly as it takes. I guess I'm trying to understand the benefits to the user.

    Hope I don't read as snarky. Not trying to be. I've benefited from your work for a couple years now.
    My way is the clean and proper way of doing it. Case closed.

  19. #1659
    What's Jailbreak? sonofray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City USA
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Default Tethering?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    My way is the clean and proper way of doing it. Case closed.
    There is no doubt in my mind that your way is cleaner and more efficient. What I am asking is if there are any differences in terms of iPhone features/functionality either way. For instance, I want to know if your patch/bundle combo enables tethering on:

    iPhone Model: 3GS/new iBoot/4.01/jailbreakme.com
    Carrier Bundle (formerly) Used: T-Mobile US - Legacy
    Voice Plan: Family 7000
    Data Plan: $10 Web to go
    SMS: $10 Family Unlimited
    Time with T-Mobile: 4 yrs
    Last Plan Change: 1 yr ago

  20. #1660
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofray View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind that your way is cleaner and more efficient. What I am asking is if there are any differences in terms of iPhone features/functionality either way. For instance, I want to know if your patch/bundle combo enables tethering on:

    iPhone Model: 3GS/new iBoot/4.01/jailbreakme.com
    Carrier Bundle (formerly) Used: T-Mobile US - Legacy
    Voice Plan: Family 7000
    Data Plan: $10 Web to go
    SMS: $10 Family Unlimited
    Time with T-Mobile: 4 yrs
    Last Plan Change: 1 yr ago

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

    sonofray (08-12-2010)

Page 83 of 103 FirstFirst ... 33 738182838485 93 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •