+ Reply
Page 83 of 103 FirstFirst ... 33 738182838485 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
iOS 4.0.2 is out. Don't accept it! Please wait for further details. It most likely patches the PDF exploit used by jailbreakme.com.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

iOS 4.0.2 is out. Don't accept it! Please wait for further details.

It most likely patches the PDF exploit used by jailbreakme.com.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Make sure iTunes is closed. Just paste that line in Start > Run.
    I have tried that soooooo many times. Sorry fo being a pain but this is what I get when I past the line into Start > Run

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    I have tried that soooooo many times. Sorry fo being a pain but this is what I get when I past the line into Start > Run

The definition of insanity is repeating the same action expecting a different result. Figure out where iTunes is installed on your system and adjust the path accordingly.

Thanks

The definition of insanity is repeating the same action expecting a different result. Figure out where iTunes is installed on your system and adjust the path accordingly.
    Thanks? I guess.

Thanks

I advise anyone with an iPhone 3G to stay on 3.1.2/3.1.3 and not upgrade to 4.0.x. It's slow as hell, even if you do a clean install. Maybe, they'll bother to fix it in 4.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Internet tethering shows up for me after applying the bundle.

Is it still necessary to use the patch?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone Model: 2G
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Standard
    Voice Plan: Family 700
    Data Plan: T-Mobile Tzones
    Time with T-Mobile: 24 months

Hi.. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I did a search on Wifi in this thread and read every post.. and didn't see what I was looking for..

I followed the tethering instructions for Tmobile for two phones.. one phone works fine... but the other phone's wifi doesn't work anymore. It can't even detect available networks to connect to.. sometimes it sees a network briefly and if I try to connect to it .. it says unable to connect..

The iphone is a 2g with 3.1.2. I have also tried to restore it to factory default. The interesting this here is that after I restore it (and it's locked and not jailbroken) The iphone will show the normal "for emergency use only" screen, but I see that it's connected to Tmobile and I have a data plan (shows "E" at the top)

.. ok.. so finally my question..

Is it possible that this whole procedure for tethering could have caused this on the iphone? Searching google has been fruitless for me.

Thank you anyone who can help me..
    Last edited by roobix; 08-12-2010 at 12:23 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by borgel View Post
    Internet tethering shows up for me after applying the bundle.

Is it still necessary to use the patch?
    It shouldn't show up without a patch and a bundle. So, I don't know what Cydia crapware you have installed.

Quote Originally Posted by roobix View Post
    iPhone Model: 2G
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Standard
    Voice Plan: Family 700
    Data Plan: T-Mobile Tzones
    Time with T-Mobile: 24 months

Hi.. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I did a search on Wifi in this thread and read every post.. and didn't see what I was looking for..

I followed the tethering instructions for Tmobile for two phones.. one phone works fine... but the other phone's wifi doesn't work anymore. It can't even detect available networks to connect to.. sometimes it sees a network briefly and if I try to connect to it .. it says unable to connect..

The iphone is a 2g with 3.1.2. I have also tried to restore it to factory default. The interesting this here is that after I restore it (and it's locked and not jailbroken) The iphone will show the normal "for emergency use only" screen, but I see that it's connected to Tmobile and I have a data plan (shows "E" at the top)

.. ok.. so finally my question..

Is it possible that this whole procedure for tethering could have caused this on the iphone? Searching google has been fruitless for me.

Thank you anyone who can help me..
    iPhone 2G's have always been problematic due the amount of patches they require. Are you restoring to the official firmware or one made with PwnageTool that has unlock embedded? Is this iPhone officially unlocked? There are a bunch of patches in the first post for iPhone 2G. Are they out of date?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 08-12-2010 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can you make a ipcc that uses internet2.voicestream.com for MMS? On my 3gs, the Legacy wap.voicestream.com worked for MMS, but for the Iphone 4 it doesn't work for some reason.

T-Mobile's support site shows internet2.voicestream.com as being one of the APN settings for MMS.

Camera Phone Picture Messaging Settings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammybaddy View Post
    Can you make a ipcc that uses internet2.voicestream.com for MMS? On my 3gs, the Legacy wap.voicestream.com worked for MMS, but for the Iphone 4 it doesn't work for some reason.

T-Mobile's support site shows internet2.voicestream.com as being one of the APN settings for MMS.

Camera Phone Picture Messaging Settings
    The ZIP in the first post has a legacy IPCC. Use it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thats what I currently have installed on my iphone, but MMS isnt working. I think because that ipcc uses wap.voicestream.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone 2G's have always been problematic due the amount of patches they require. Are you restoring to the official firmware or one made with PwnageTool that has unlock embedded? Is this iPhone officially unlocked? There are a bunch of patches in the first post for iPhone 2G. Are they out of date?
    I go to iclarified's website to grab the firmware since I don't know where else to get firmware to make it work (i'm on windows)

It's possible that I might have messed up the 2g by updating with an official firmware and unlocking/jailbreaking the iphone with redsn0w?

Every time i do a manual restore using Itunes and the Ipsw file, I always need to jailbreak and unlock again..

I have no idea if the front page's instructions are out of date..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone Model: 2g
    Firmware: 3.1.3 Jailbroken and unlocked with redsnow.
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US
    Data Plan: T-Mobile G1 Unlimited Web
    SMS: T-Mobile G1 Unlimited Messages
    Time with T-Mobile: 2 yrs

Problem: I am not able to use edge and would like to also configure bluetooth, tethering, and picture mms. I am not able to Go into my cellular data (only says on/off). I dont have the phone with me now, but when i get my hands on it i will try unlockit.co.nz.
    Last edited by Shant21; 08-12-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks
    Question CommCenter/bundle vs. manual/pushfix MMS?
    Stay away from hacks and don't use them in conjecture with the carrie bundles. All you have to do is install the patch and my carrier bundle. What's taking you so long?
    iPhone Model: 3GS
    Carrier Bundle FORMERLY Used: T-Mobile US - Legacy
    Voice Plan: Family 7000
    Data Plan: $10 Web to go
    SMS: $10 Family Unlimited
    Time with T-Mobile: 4 yrs
    Last Plan Change: 1 yr ago

Currently I have a 3GS (new iBoot)/4.01/jb'd on jailbreakme.com. I input the "cellular data network" APN myself (internet2.voicestream.com), and used the "iOS4 MMS Fix" from Pushfix. I then input the MMS APN (wap.voicestream.com).

What are the benefits of using the CommCenter patch you've mentioned and your carrier bundle over these methods? ("hacks")

Thanks for everything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roobix View Post
    I go to iclarified's website to grab the firmware since I don't know where else to get firmware to make it work (i'm on windows)

It's possible that I might have messed up the 2g by updating with an official firmware and unlocking/jailbreaking the iphone with redsn0w?

Every time i do a manual restore using Itunes and the Ipsw file, I always need to jailbreak and unlock again..

I have no idea if the front page's instructions are out of date..
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofray View Post
    iPhone Model: 3GS
    Carrier Bundle FORMERLY Used: T-Mobile US - Legacy

Currently I have a 3GS (new iBoot)/4.01/jb'd on jailbreakme.com. I input the "cellular data network" APN myself (internet2.voicestream.com), and used the "iOS4 MMS Fix" from Pushfix. I then input the MMS APN (wap.voicestream.com).

What are the benefits of using the CommCenter patch you've mentioned and your carrier bundle over these methods? ("hacks")

Thanks for everything.
    Benefits? It's done properly. No hacks. It's a carrier settings bundle made for T-Mobile which all 157 official iPhone carriers have in iOS.

Thanks
    Benefits? It's done properly. No hacks. It's a carrier settings bundle made for T-Mobile which all 157 official iPhone carriers have in iOS.
    I agree with SpookyET and you know what you are doing with your phone.
    No need to guest when you need to fix the problem

Thanks
    Default A wee bit of iClarification
    I guess I was inquiring about functional benefits (i.e. tethering works, etc.) Outside of that, it seems it's a matter of definitions/opinions. A CommCenter patch seems like a hack to me, but perhaps not to others. It truly makes no difference to me. I'll do it as pretty or ugly as it takes. I guess I'm trying to understand the benefits to the user.

Hope I don't read as snarky. Not trying to be. I've benefited from your work for a couple years now.

Thanks

I guess I was inquiring about functional benefits (i.e. tethering works, etc.) Outside of that, it seems it's a matter of definitions/opinions. A CommCenter patch seems like a hack to me, but perhaps not to others. It truly makes no difference to me. I'll do it as pretty or ugly as it takes. I guess I'm trying to understand the benefits to the user.

Hope I don't read as snarky. Not trying to be. I've benefited from your work for a couple years now.
    My way is the clean and proper way of doing it. Case closed.

Thanks
    Default Tethering?
    My way is the clean and proper way of doing it. Case closed.
    There is no doubt in my mind that your way is cleaner and more efficient. What I am asking is if there are any differences in terms of iPhone features/functionality either way. For instance, I want to know if your patch/bundle combo enables tethering on:

iPhone Model: 3GS/new iBoot/4.01/jailbreakme.com
    Carrier Bundle (formerly) Used: T-Mobile US - Legacy

Thanks

There is no doubt in my mind that your way is cleaner and more efficient. What I am asking is if there are any differences in terms of iPhone features/functionality either way. For instance, I want to know if your patch/bundle combo enables tethering on:

iPhone Model: 3GS/new iBoot/4.01/jailbreakme.com
    Carrier Bundle (formerly) Used: T-Mobile US - Legacy

21. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

sonofray (08-12-2010)