+ Reply
Page 70 of 103 FirstFirst ... 20 606869707172 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
@SpookyET - I had already upgraded BEFORE I read this thread and met you (which of course I'm glad I did), after I upgraded and I got the problem of
    Green Apple
    Thanks

@SpookyET - I had already upgraded BEFORE I read this thread and met you (which of course I'm glad I did), after I upgraded and I got the problem of receiving mms. So now I just have to wait, I know I'm in good hands :-)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    I don't use either of those functions, and 2G owners are the only ones left that need MMS fixed and they don't even get 4.0. Setting carrier icons is just something cosmetic. If these are the only two restrictions with the mobileconfig Safari installations, then I would take ease-of-installation over a cutesy carrier logo any day.
    I advise you to read before you reply, at least the main thread. My MMS comment was toward T-Mobile not recognising iPhones and butchering MMS by downscaling or refusing to deliver. It sends an SMS with an URL link to view on a computer in a browser. 2G users need a patch to enable MMS. My bundles are just carrier settings.

For me, it's either all or nothing. Hence, why this thread is so popular and why my bundles were downloaded hundreds of thousands of times.

Mate, I don't do half-baked jobs. There is plenty of rubbish around the net. Seek it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    @SpookyET - I had already upgraded BEFORE I read this thread and met you (which of course I'm glad I did), after I upgraded and I got the problem of receiving mms. So now I just have to wait, I know I'm in good hands :-)
    You should jailbreak at the earliest possible occasion, at least to save your SHSH blobs. Maybe, you will not want to use 4.1, 4.2, or 5.0. You won't be able to restore an earlier version without them. Then you can restore the original firmware if you don't like a jail broken phone.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 06-23-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    My MMS comment was toward T-Mobile not recognising iPhones and butchering MMS by downscaling or refusing to deliver. It sends an SMS with an URL link to view on a computer in a browser. 2G users need a patch to enable MMS. My bundles are just carrier settings.
    I never experienced that issue (with the URLs) and actually had MMS working myself before I discovered your bundles, so I assumed by "fixing MMS" you were referring to the 2G patch. My mistake. I could have sworn, though, that one of those APN changer websites had the option to enable MMS, so I thought you could add the MMSC/proxy/APN info through that method.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@SpookyET - you told me there is no jailbreak yet, once one does, I will jailbreak, and then I can fix the mms fixed

Thanks

@SpookyET - you told me there is no jailbreak yet, once one does, I will jailbreak, and then I can fix the mms fixed
    I said there is good jailbreak. Not everything works.

I don't know if there is a jailbreak for your phone. It depends on if you have a new 3GS or first generation 3GS. You must find your iBoot version. See Dev-Team Blog

The available jailbreak if you have an old iBook may be buggy, but it will jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    I never experienced that issue (with the URLs) and actually had MMS working myself before I discovered your bundles, so I assumed by "fixing MMS" you were referring to the 2G patch. My mistake. I could have sworn, though, that one of those APN changer websites had the option to enable MMS, so I thought you could add the MMSC/proxy/APN info through that method.
    It's not enough. I have to tell the T-Mobile network it's a SonyEricsson to not downscale MMS. I can't do that with mobileconfig.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 06-23-2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

@SpookyET - unfortunately I think I have the newer bootrom, so for now it won't work.

Guess I'll just have to keep checking, once one comes out, will the fix for mms be in there? And if so, can I take you up on your offer to help me with a clean jailbreak?
    Last edited by Butchiem1; 06-23-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

@SpookyET - unfortunately I think I have the newer bootrom, so for now it won't work.

Guess I'll just have to keep checking, once one comes out, will the fix for mms be in there? And if so, can I take you up on your offer to help me with a clean jailbreak?
    When you have purchased your phone is irrelevant. It matters when it was manufactured. Don't assume. Google "How to check your iBoot version" for a tutorial.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t View Post
    Doesn't work for me. The override plist is just overwritten again once the phone is rebooted. I believe that fix may have been more geared toward 3.1.3.
    Mine worked, permissions for the plist have to be set correctly group/owner run under mobile user but after a reboot and test I have working MMS under iOS4 on a iPhone 3G T-Mobile US and test in and out bound with no problems they come in nice and clear because of the useragent string added as well but again this isn't the correct way to do it at all, I even tested tethering to make sure and that was working but again hopefully someone has a solution to the signing of carrier.plist

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpineflip View Post
    Mine worked, permissions for the plist have to be set correctly group/owner run under mobile user but after a reboot and test I have working MMS under iOS4 on a iPhone 3G T-Mobile US and test in and out bound with no problems they come in nice and clear because of the useragent string added as well but again this isn't the correct way to do it at all, I even tested tethering to make sure and that was working but again hopefully someone has a solution to the signing of carrier.plist
    Care to elaborate a little more on your process, for me? I'd love to get mine working, no matter how gritty the procedure. I basically used iPhone Explorer to extract the file, edited in textwrangler, overwrote the file on the phone and rebooted. When I checked back, the file had been replaced again with the original version. I can try to cyberduck or terminal SSH in, if that yielded you success? I'm wondering if the fact that I'm on a 3GS has anything to do with it.
    Last edited by n1c3jack3t; 06-23-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpineflip View Post
    This is not new. It's brought up every time bundles stop working. I don't like the hack.

Green Apple
    Thanks

When you have purchased your phone is irrelevant. It matters when it was manufactured. Don't assume. Google "How to check your iBoot version" for a tutorial.
    Well I checked this morning and I have 359.3.2 (newer bootrom) so I guess I have to wait for someone to come out with a jailbreak or fix that works.

Again, can I restore my phone back to 3.1.3?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I know that spooky is working on a fix but can anyone tell me how do I make tmobile send me a link to the picture as a temporary fix? I've tried deleting all the settings and nothing comes through. When I leave a few spaces blank, it tells me the media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction.

Thanks

Well I checked this morning and I have 359.3.2 (newer bootrom) so I guess I have to wait for someone to come out with a jailbreak or fix that works.

Again, can I restore my phone back to 3.1.3?
    No. You are stuck on iOS4 because you don't have the 3.1.3 signatures. Now, you need the SHSH blobs for 4.0 in case you want to restore from 4.1 to 4.0 in the future. But, you're stuck on 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by katie View Post
    I know that spooky is working on a fix but can anyone tell me how do I make tmobile send me a link to the picture as a temporary fix? I've tried deleting all the settings and nothing comes through. When I leave a few spaces blank, it tells me the media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction.
    I am not working on a fix. The carrier bundles are good and work perfectly on 3.1.x. The jailbrake needs a fix, of which I do not have control. I am looking for workarounds though. If you want to help, send messages to the people on this list Twitter / @SpookyET/iphone, especially to @iphone_dev and @MuscleNerd.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 06-24-2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

@SpookyET - is there any way I can access the files in my iphone without jailbreaking, and enter some type of info, just to get my MMS working, I dont need anything else. I know there is something called iphone explorer to access the iphone files any way something would work.

Thanks

@SpookyET - is there any way I can access the files in my iphone without jailbreaking, and enter some type of info, just to get my MMS working, I dont need anything else. I know there is something called iphone explorer to access the iphone files any way something would work.
    No. On a non-jailbroken phone the system partition is read only. It will not let you modify them. Most of those tools won't even let you browse out of the media folder. So, you can't even read the system partition with tools like DiskAid.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No. On a non-jailbroken phone the system partition is read only. It will not let you modify them. Most of those tools won't even let you browse out of the media folder. So, you can't even read the system partition with tools like DiskAid.
    well, you know best.

I have a question, I remember jailbreaking a while back with blacra1n and thats when I learned about tethered and untethered, and then I restored the phone back to factory settings and retored a backup of all my stuff. when you do that does the jailbreak get FULLY erased. because it still makes me wonder how that simple ipcc worked last time without jailbreaking, but now it wont work at all.

Thanks

well, you know best.

I have a question, I remember jailbreaking a while back with blacra1n and thats when I learned about tethered and untethered, and then I restored the phone back to factory settings and retored a backup of all my stuff. when you do that does the jailbreak get FULLY erased. because it still makes me wonder how that simple ipcc worked last time without jailbreaking, but now it wont work at all.
    I thought you've told me that you've never jailbroken before? Did you open Cydia? If yes, your SHSH blobs may have been saved on their server and you could restore to 3.1.3.

On your question, yes. It restores to a clean phone if you do it in DFU mode.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I thought you've told me that you've never jailbroken before? Did you open Cydia? If yes, your SHSH blobs may have been saved on their server and you could restore to 3.1.3.

On your question, yes. It restores to a clean phone if you do it in DFU mode.
    It was a long long time ago, I think when 3.0 came out.

If you dont mind me asking, what is this "hack" they are talking about a few posts back. and how ae they doing it without a jailbroken phone - Sorry for driving you nuts Im just getting very curious.

Thanks

It was a long long time ago, I think when 3.0 came out.

If you dont mind me asking, what is this "hack" they are talking about a few posts back. and how ae they doing it without a jailbroken phone - Sorry for driving you nuts Im just getting very curious.
    I think Cydia started to store SHSH blobs after 3.1. Did you use it for a long time in jailbroken form? Did you open Cydia? Maybe your blobs were saved. You should look into it.

That hack requires a jailbroken phone. It edits the configuration file for the SMS app.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i didnt used it at all, once i saw it was a tethered jailbreak I just restored.

Just a curious question (another one I guess) maybe someone knows a way to insert an ipcc into the iPhone without using iTunes and without jailbreaking (am I sounding naive)?

Maybe jailbreaking iTunes
    Last edited by Butchiem1; 06-24-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost