Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 57 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Interesting, I have several Tmobile bundles, but the one for the US isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by ironicirony View Post
    If you ssh into your phone and go to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles, you can just delete the TMobile_us.bundle. That should take you back to where you were before.

Hold On Just a Minute guys... trying to see if maybe there's something that's making these non-editable.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Everything seems to be working fine on mine. A short delay in sending but works like a charm with fantastic quality. I am very happy and impressed! Now to figure out tethering, lol

Resolution is great on mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Miamisub View Post
    Interesting, I have several Tmobile bundles, but the one for the US isn't there.
    That's because I lied about where it would be... it's in /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/

Can you play with me for just a minute? I'd like to send you a different bundle to test.

Ok, found it there and deleted it. Going to eat dinner, be back in just a few minutes. I'll be happy to test the bundle.

Ok, found it there and deleted it. Going to eat dinner, be back in just a few minutes. I'll be happy to test the bundle.
    Sent you a PM with a link in it... I don't have an issue with editing my settings with the current IPCC on either of the phones I have access to. I have a theory as to what the problem might be however, try the link I sent and get back to me whenever you can.

For those of you who can't edit APN settings... don't give up just yet. We've figured out the issue and hopefully SpookyET will have a new version posted soon. Watch here for an update.

For those who are curious we forgot to set...

Code:
    	<key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    	<true/>
    Last edited by ironicirony; 07-01-2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ironicirony For This Useful Post:

Miamisub (07-01-2009)

The one you sent me worked fine, as I'm sure you anticipated. However, the resolution is still pretty bad when you open up the 'thumbnail' and go full screen. If you compare the picture with the phone that sent it, to the phone that received it, it looks pretty bad. This is on two 3G 3.0 iPhones.

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbeam4581 View Post
    Thanks for the ipcc's!! Everything works great, but I no longer have the option to change my cellular data settings? Anyone got a fix?

3G
    T-Mobile US.
    The "Cellular Data Network" menu has been disabled on purpose. The carrier bundles are supposed to work from the start, not have you mess with them. If you insert a SIM card for which there is no bundle or you are roaming, the menu will reappear. As I have said before, my objective is to make these carrier bundles as close to OEM as possible, as if Apple themselves created them. It should just work.

ok i dont sidekick plan i have the blackberry data plan and i cant get tethering or MMS to work when i change the APN to the one that works for me tethering goes away

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    The "Cellular Data Network" menu has been disabled on purpose. The carrier bundles are supposed to work from the start, not have you mess with them. If you insert a SIM card for which there is no bundle or you are roaming, the menu will reappear. As I have said before, my objective is to make these carrier bundles as close to OEM as possible, as if Apple themselves created them. It should just work.
    While I agree with that 100% in concept, in implementation I don't think it's that cut and dry. There are so many plan/location/day of the week differences within the T-Mobile configurations that we could work forever on addressing every possible config. If someone needs to change the Data APN to something that works for them, I don't see why a desire to be 100% OEM should get in the way. If we all wanted an OEM experience we'd probably not have unlocked iPhones. ;-)

Different people have different reasons for sticking with a certain APN. I know I used internet3 for the longest time because it had no port restrictions and was the only way some apps would work. Now I use epc because that's what my G1 is provisioned with.

It's not there because we are not officially installing it. We are using iTunes Carrier Testing Mode. It goes to a temporary place. I'm not sure where.

Quote Originally Posted by iBall23 View Post
    ok i dont sidekick plan i have the blackberry data plan and i cant get tethering or MMS to work when i change the APN to the one that works for me tethering goes away
    Do not use the sidekick plan. It will not work for you. Does postpaid ipcc work for you? What apn does the blackberry plan have?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-01-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i use internet3 too and when i switch it back to that i have problems

While I agree with that 100% in concept, in implementation I don't think it's that cut and dry. There are so many plan/location/day of the week differences within the T-Mobile configurations that we could work forever on addressing every possible config. If someone needs to change the Data APN to something that works for them, I don't see why a desire to be 100% OEM should get in the way. If we all wanted an OEM experience we'd probably not have unlocked iPhones. ;-)

Different people have different reasons for sticking with a certain APN. I know I used internet3 for the longest time because it had no port restrictions and was the only way some apps would work. Now I use epc because that's what my G1 is provisioned with.
    I will take your words into consideration.

Question, does internet3 still work for you? Does postpaid_vpn.ipcc work for you? I can make a g1 plan bundle and another blackberry bundle. There aren't that many configurations out there. If I cover g1 and blackberry, I think we're done.

Quote Originally Posted by iBall23 View Post
    i use internet3 too and when i switch it back to that i have problems
    internet3 is postpaid_vpn.ipcc
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-01-2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I will take your words into consideration.

Question, does internet3 still work for you? Does postpaid_vpn.ipcc work for you? I can make a g1 plan bundle and another blackberry bundle. There aren't that many configurations out there. If I cover g1 and blackberry, I think we're done.

internet3 is postpaid_vpn.ipcc
    internet3 is part of the legacy Total Internet + VPN package. T-Mobile will one day probably succeed in migrating people off of it. Those people will now have to come pick a new carrier bundle rather than just change the setting on their phone (dead horse ain't dead yet).

I don't know what epc is used for outside of the G1 but lots of people seem to have access to it. Depending on the area however epc is sometimes better than wap, and wap is sometimes better than epc. If you have access to internet2 you have access to wap and epc I think, but that doesn't work the other way around. If you have access to internet3 you usually have access to everything, but I've seen a few cases where that doesn't hold true. It's just really not that cut and dry unfortunately.

internet3 is part of the legacy Total Internet + VPN package. T-Mobile will one day probably succeed in migrating people off of it. Those people will now have to come pick a new carrier bundle rather than just change the setting on their phone (dead horse ain't dead yet).

I don't know what epc is used for outside of the G1 but lots of people seem to have access to it. Depending on the area however epc is sometimes better than wap, and wap is sometimes better than epc. If you have access to internet2 you have access to wap and epc I think, but that doesn't work the other way around. If you have access to internet3 you usually have access to everything, but I've seen a few cases where that doesn't hold true. It's just really not that cut and dry unfortunately.
    What about MMS? Does the G1 use the MMS settings I have now in all bundles or the alternative?
    My point in disabling the menu is because users outside of those who want to press the red button to see if something goes BOOM, just want to use their phone. They dont want to think about this. They want it to just work.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-01-2009 at 09:09 PM.

The one you sent me worked fine, as I'm sure you anticipated. However, the resolution is still pretty bad when you open up the 'thumbnail' and go full screen. If you compare the picture with the phone that sent it, to the phone that received it, it looks pretty bad. This is on two 3G 3.0 iPhones.

Thanks for the help!
    Can you save that picture to your camera roll and either save it to your computer via ssh or e-mail it to yourself? If you can what's the dimensions on it?

What about MMS? Does the G1 use the MMS settings I have now in all bundles or the alternative?

It's hard to tell with the G1. It doesn't have a single config, it has a lists of APNs and MMS configs that it will try. For the most part however I think it defaults to epc for everything, with the same MMC that you're using now.
    Last edited by ironicirony; 07-01-2009 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't know if this has been answered or not so here goes:

I have
    3G,3.0
    MMS works
    tether- says it needs to be set up with tmobile
    web-no

I used the post paid ipcc. First time I installed I had a Cydia hack which I forgot about. I removed the hack, reset the network and reinstalled the ipcc before a reboot but I'm still stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by devro_85 View Post
    I don't know if this has been answered or not so here goes:

I have
    3G,3.0
    MMS works
    tether- says it needs to be set up with tmobile
    web-no

I used the post paid ipcc. First time I installed I had a Cydia hack which I forgot about. I removed the hack, reset the network and reinstalled the ipcc before a reboot but I'm still stuck.
    You forgot to mention your t-mobile plan.

Sorry- Part of a family plan but the data is the 24.99 unlimited plan

Quote Originally Posted by devro_85 View Post
    Sorry- Part of a family plan but the data is the 24.99 unlimited plan
    When did you add the dataplan?

Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 57 ... LastLast