+ Reply
Page 63 of 103 FirstFirst ... 13 536162636465 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
^^ Yes --- and it works. I traveled back east last month and noticed my T-Mobile carrier changing to something else many times . And my phone still worked (voice
    Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^ Yes --- and it works. I traveled back east last month and noticed my T-Mobile carrier changing to something else many times . And my phone still worked (voice and data) ..... and I was not charged extra. I even used AT&T a couple times. The era of 'roaming charges' has ended!!.

Be cautioned. This applies to US only and your individual plan. If you take your T-Mobile phone to another country and leave 'roaming' enabled, you just might end up with a huge phone bill!! How do you avoid this? Never leave your T-Mobile SIM in the phone when traveling overseas. For me, I always buy a local SIM (very cheap) for each country, send an SMS to work/friends with my new number, and tell them to 'call me!!!" (hahaha). There's always a cheap way to call 'from US to xxx' then to call 'to USA from xxx'. Another great note for overseas travelers: WiFi is your friend. Use fring, or siphone, or Skype, (expensive), or a hundred others and use VoIP for out-going calls outside of your local country.
    Last edited by Mes; 04-29-2010 at 06:22 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Awesome, thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. I will post back with my thoughts once my number has been fully transferred over and my web access has been transferred.

I just wanted to post an update. Everything seems to have transferred, texts are working great and quick too! I can receive picture messages no problem, it's nice and fast.

Now, I CAN send picture messages but it takes a little while. I'm not sure if this is normal or if I need another T-Mobile cydia package.
    Last edited by Matt V; 04-29-2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matt V View Post
    ...Now, I CAN send picture messages but it takes a little while. I'm not sure if this is normal or if I need another T-Mobile cydia package.
    The obvious difference between EDGE and 3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh I see, does T Mobile not have 3G though? Or am I confused?
    Last edited by Matt V; 04-30-2010 at 01:07 AM.

adp
    Thanks

Oh I see, does T Mobile not have 3G though? Or am I confused?
    T-mobile does have 3G but it does not work on the iPhone. Different frequency is all hardware-based difference - nothing that can be "fixed"
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shizzabrick View Post
    iPhone 2G: tethering, MMS and full Bluetooth [FW 3.1.2]

How do we install this package on 3.1.3? It has a hard version check. Need it for my 2g. Thanks.
    You can't. I had 3.1.3 on the 2G and i had to find out the hard way. You're gonna have to downgrade to 3.1.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just an update regarding how this works. Turns out that my web access wasn't working because I was on the default $10 data plan which is for non-smart phones. I switched it over to the $20 data plan for smart phones and now everything is working perfectly.

adp
    Thanks

Just an update regarding how this works. Turns out that my web access wasn't working because I was on the default $10 data plan which is for non-smart phones. I switched it over to the $20 data plan for smart phones and now everything is working perfectly.
    All you had to do was download the "Legacy" carrier bundle in the front page to get it to work. Now you're paying $10/month more for a data plan which will give you the same exact speed and limit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

Matt V (05-03-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh damn, really? How can I uninstall my current carrier bundle?

adp
    Thanks

Just go to cydia, manage, packages, select the bundle and click uninstall. Then go back to cydia and search for "Legacy" - select the first result. You have to do this once you get the $10 plan back though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 2g on 3.1.2 and i have mms set up. I have native mms for the camera icon. i have the correct carrier bundle. my network settings are set just like t-mobile instructed. but i can only send messages. i can even send myself mms and it comes through just fine. however, i cannot receive mms from anyone else. i get the, "The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction" message. Can anyone help me please?

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok so its not a problem but more of a general question. on my t-mobile 3g capable phone, i get a little 3g icon. but on my unlocked iphone 3g, even on full signal strength i get an E icon. is it just saying E but getting 3g? or only gettig E

adp
    Thanks

You won't be able to get 3G on T-mobile, no matter what unlock method/phone you have. All you get is Edge

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iTunes iPhone Carrier Support (IPCC)These IPCC files are recommended for users with officially unlocked phones who do not wish to jailbreak. They can, however, be installed on jailbroken phones. Read the README.txt in the "doc" folder and watch the screencast bellow.
    Thank you soo much! I have an iPhone 3G 3.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked on T-Mobile. I had no problem sending out MMS. But when I receive, I get “The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction.” I tried all the methods and the IPCC method was the only method that worked.
    Whichever method you choose, always Reset Network Settings after installation:
    • Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings -> Reset Network Settings
    After your phone automatically reboots, reset your network-related settings found in the Cellular Data window:
    • Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network -> Reset Settings -> Reset
    Do not forget to do this. It only started working perfectly after doing the resets.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Improved MMS Resolution on carrier other than TMobile?
    Do these carrier bundles work on international carriers? I have iPhone 2G with MMS enabled, but the picture quality is bad/fuzzy. I have been searching and searching on how to improve picture quality, but all the fixes I see refer to TMobile, can someone tell me how to fix picture quality for a carrier other than TMobile?

Green Apple
    Thanks

aw dam so i cant get 3G no matter wut?!?!?! so i have to live with silly edge? so wut is the difference between edge and 3g?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akash86 View Post
    aw dam so i cant get 3G no matter wut?!?!?! so i have to live with silly edge? so wut is the difference between edge and 3g?
    Speed!!

There are literally hundreds of thousands of reference materials available on this subject. Google is your friend.

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gasiler View Post
    Do these carrier bundles work on international carriers? I have iPhone 2G with MMS enabled, but the picture quality is bad/fuzzy. I have been searching and searching on how to improve picture quality, but all the fixes I see refer to TMobile, can someone tell me how to fix picture quality for a carrier other than TMobile?
    No, T-mobile US only

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey guys, i have a 3.1.3 2g iphone jailbroken and unlocked (with redsn0w) and i was wondering if i was capable of getting edge to work on my phone because it is not working at all for me...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Tethering Visible, but does not work on computer
    iPhone: 2G
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Prepaid/Postpaid
    Voice Plan: Anytime 700
    Data Plan: T-Zones
    SMS: Pay per message
    Time with T-Mobile: 10 years
    Last Plan Change: 2 years ago
    Problem: MMS works fine. Tethering is visible on the phone and I can turn it on. It connects to the computer and looks like it is working on the iphone, but the network connections on the computer show local access only...no internet. I have tried all of the profiles and the different APNs with no success. I am currently on the Postpaid/Flexpaid bundle.

Anyone else seen this problem or have a solution? I was hoping someone had success using a 2G for tethering. Thanks.

Smoothbutta