+ Reply
Page 62 of 103 FirstFirst ... 12 526061626364 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok, got a problem here..I'm reading the steps but I'm getting stuck on Step 3. Can someone clarify that for me? How to Enable Carrier Bundle Support in iTunes 8.2
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok, got a problem here..I'm reading the steps but I'm getting stuck on Step 3. Can someone clarify that for me?

How to Enable Carrier Bundle Support in iTunes 8.2 in Windows
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Step 1: Quit iTunes
    Step 2: Press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog. Enter in cmd then click OK
    Step 3: Enter the following command into the Start > Run window.

"CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

Step 4: Connect your iPhone and click to launch iTunes from your Start Menu.
    Step 5: Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left then hold down the Shift key and click the Check for Updates button.
    Step 6: Now you can now select your .ipcc file as it is not greyed out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Forgive me, although I believe I'm in the right thread, I may be in error.

I have a jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 2G using FW 3.1. Recently, I moved from prepaid minutes to t-Mobile's the Even More Plus plan (500 min., unlimited text, and internet) for $59.99 per month.

I'm searching for the instructions to utilize the internet service.

I already have Icy and Cydia installed on my iPhone.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Well, I got it. I think. Went here T-Mobile Non T-Mobile Phones and entered internet2.voicestream.com for APN and turned on Data Roaming.
    Last edited by triari; 03-26-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I couldn't find the answer to my question or even a general explanation of how the whole tmobile on iPhone works so here goes:

I want to use tmobiles 50dollar everything plan on an iPhone 3G or 3GS, but I see the plans listed above as all prepaid or smaller plans. Are those just used to access the network, and I can use the 50 dollar plan with tmobiles sim card in the iPhone? And I would need the sim card with a tmobile plan/number on it in the phone or course. Thanks in advance!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I can't seem to be able to send or receive sms... not sure what the issue is. tried it on my mytouch3g and it worked fine, and i've been using the carrier bundle for months now... any ideas on where to start? this just started this morning.
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^Can u send with a different app? Like biteSMS on Cydia. A free trial period is available to test

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iPhone 2G: tethering, MMS and full Bluetooth [FW 3.1.2]

How do we install this package on 3.1.3? It has a hard version check. Need it for my 2g. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone: 3GS
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Prepaid/Postpaid Legacy
    Voice Plan: "Even More for Families Unlimited Talk"
    Data Plan: "T-Mobile Smartphone Unlimited Web"
    SMS: "Unlimited Domestic Messages for Families"
    Time with T-Mobile: ~3 or 4 years
    Last Plan Change: About a year (switched over to the unlimited family plan)
    Problem: JB/Unlocked on 3.1.2 firmware, using the Internet2 APN for my data plan per the advice of the T-Mo customer service rep when I got my first iPhone almost a year ago.

I just installed the 1.0.11 bundle corresponding to the Postpaid Legacy plan that appeared to correspond to my existing settings. MMS/Tethering looks like it works just fine.

The only problem is that whenever I restart my phone, it will *always* dump me into Safe Mode first, saying that Springboard has crashed. When I restart Springboard from that message window, my app icons are spread over a couple of pages (oddly enough "Settings" usually has an entire second screen all to itself). Everything appears to be working properly, including my JB apps, regular apps, as well as MMS/Tethering functionality.

Every time I reboot my phone, the same Springboard Crash-->Respring-->Scattered App Icons cycle occurs. Luckily, everything still seems to work normally. I'd just like to know if there's a way to keep all of this cool stuff that will also allow me to reboot normally!

Thanks very much for any help you can offer me, and please let me know if there's any further information you need to clarify my phone's issue.

Green Apple
    Thanks

you should install blacksn0w RC2 Final from cydia(search it on there) because this fixes all boot loop issues and even including the infamous issue with the wifi! do this if your baseband's on 5.11.07

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sup Alveezy, thanks for replying

I forgot to mention that I'm currently running ultrasn0w 0.92, unlocked on the older baseband (not the 5.11.07). Everything was working just fine until I updated with the IPCC, and I thought it was supposed to be compatible with my particular unlock and baseband.

If that's not true though, looks like it's time to upgrade?

Green Apple
    Thanks

if you know a way to update your baseband & keep your firmware to 3.1.2 then i suggest you to upgrade and install blacksn0w RC2 Final...if you don't know how then just stay in 3.1.2./4.26 cause you'll be safer there when the new pwnagetool comes out. so just delete the ipcc that you installed and try another one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was having issues with my MMS as well, and I'm always a little hesitant to try certain things... Especially if I don't know what the outcome will be if I pull through and do it, but I did get my MMS working again with different APN settings and not many people had the answer. No, you don't need to use anything from Cydia.

Put your APN settings as follows, even for the UA Profile:

Cell Data

APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:

MMS

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

And I don't believe that the Max Message Size value matters, so you could probably put all 9's and it'd still receive. I've been switching between my MyTouch 3G my iPhone because the iPhone has a better screen, but the myTouch can do MMS! I'm also doing some digging around to find out more on the VVM topic, as well.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Go into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data and disable Push. Regardless of whether or not your email provider supports push email, if itís enabled, it will drain your resources. My battery used to die in 5 hours with that enabled.

There is a 3.1.3 unlock coming. Until then, adore your brick.
    I have successfully unlocked my iPhone 2G (FW 3.1.3) using redsn0w. Can i now use the settings that the OP listed or do I need to downgrade to 3.1.2. As part of the JB process, I remember using a file called IPSW 3.1.2, which seemed interesting since my FW was 3.1.3, but since redsn0w said to use it, I did. Does this mean that I can "act as if" I have 3.1.2 for the purposes of this mod?

Thanks, in advance, for your replies...

Quote Originally Posted by 21n6y View Post
    interesting development: my $10 credit ran out a couple days ago, I'm still getting full internet access but not texting/phone
    Thank you proxy?
    Hmmm.. That's good to know. If only I could get FULL internet access. right now, I'm just getting the web2go portal, CNN, ABC, & ESPN along with some ringers. i am on the prepaid plan as well with about a $9 balance right now...
    Last edited by quicknight; 04-16-2010 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sebx1 View Post
    I was having issues with my MMS as well, and I'm always a little hesitant to try certain things... Especially if I don't know what the outcome will be if I pull through and do it, but I did get my MMS working again with different APN settings and not many people had the answer. No, you don't need to use anything from Cydia.

Put your APN settings as follows, even for the UA Profile:

Cell Data

APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:

MMS

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

And I don't believe that the Max Message Size value matters, so you could probably put all 9's and it'd still receive. I've been switching between my MyTouch 3G my iPhone because the iPhone has a better screen, but the myTouch can do MMS! I'm also doing some digging around to find out more on the VVM topic, as well.
    I just tried this and it didn't work for me (I did leave message size blank if that matters). Anyone have a solution other than using the legacy option from cydia. I'm to chicken to do anything that will cause me to reboot this phone for fear I'll get stuck in a loop.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

did these steps 10 time and it still does not work! iphone 2g 3.1.2

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Doh!
    Quote Originally Posted by drefromva804 View Post
    did these steps 10 time and it still does not work! iphone 2g 3.1.2
    That's disheartening. I ended up bricking my phone twice yesterday trying to add the BT profiles from blackra1n and blacksn0w as suggested by one of the posters. I'm redsn0w jailbroken and unlocked and haven't had any success with this. My goPhone sim card, which previously did not work, does work now, however...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm running an Iphone 2g with 3.1.2 (I'd recommend installing your firmware to 3.1.2 for this, but i have not tried it on 3.1.3) and just followed this guys instructions. Worked like a charm...FIRST time, which NEVER happens to me, i usually try this stuff about 3 or 4 times before i get it unlocked/jailbroken/etc. lol so I would def follow this guide. Good Luck!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr0arX22in0&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - How to Activate MMS on the iPhone 2G for AT&T or T-Mobile[/ame]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile need help with IPhone 32gig 3gs 3.1.2 (7D11) thanks
    Hello folks I recently updated my Iphone and I keep losing the ability to MMS and receive MMS pics can anybody please help. thanks a bunch

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey Spooky, I just want to thank you for this awesome thread! I just got my T-Mobile sim card today after switching from AT&T and everything appears ok so far, can't confirm until they get my phone number transferred over and get my data stuff working. Here are my details:

iPhone: 3GS
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid (unlocked via sn0w and package installed via Cydia)
    Voice Plan: Even More Plus 500
    Data Plan: Even More Plus 500 Unlimited Web
    SMS: Even More Plus 500 Unlimited Text
    Time with T-Mobile: 1 day
    Last Plan Change: Today
    Problem:

I don't have any problems YET but I do have some stupid questions. First off, I always get the "E" in the top left corner instead of "3G" when I had AT&T, does this mean I can turn the 3G option off or do we keep it on? Secondly, somebody posted that we keep Data Roaming "on" but I just wanted to double check to make sure no extra fees are incurred in doing so.

I look forward to your answer, thanks again for this awesome write-up!

-Matt
    Last edited by Matt V; 04-29-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Re-read post #1.

But in short: 3G T-Mobile is NOT compatible with 3G AT&T. It MUST be turned off for T-Mobile USA.
    Data Roaming can be on. Most T-Mobile US plans are Nation-wide (is yours?)
    Last edited by Mes; 04-29-2010 at 05:23 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright, thanks on the 3G bit! I figured since I did the reset on the settings it would turn it off that's why I was making sure.

As far as the data roaming, I need to see if my plan is nationwide. Any idea if the Even More Plus is nationwide? How can I check that?

EDIT: I just checked and the Even More Plus 500 has a "yes" under "Nationwide 3G network".

https://my.t-mobile.com/plan/learn/l...enMorePlusPlan

Does that mean I can leave data roaming on?
    Last edited by Matt V; 04-29-2010 at 05:30 PM.