Page 61 of 103 FirstFirst ... 11 515960616263 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Have tried epc.tmobile.com for cell data & mms, but when I do that it brings me to a web2go (t-zones) page.

Currently I have it set with hiptop.t-mobile.com & wap.voicestream.com and using a proxy & push fix

Anyone know what I need to do (3G 3.1.2 T-mobile sidekick prepaid) to get it working correctly with push notifications?

Alright guys i keep reading on and on about this... im on a family plan with ulimited internet $20 a month and i have a 3g iphone, ive tried some things and i get the data subscription required screen. im a complete noob at t-mobile settings. im assuming my phone is set up as a sidekick because thats what we pulled the sim from and i would love to get this working. since times change is this still possible without upgrading the data plan?

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Lecram25, if I put in my non T-Mobile SIM when I go to delete the MMS fields it puts them right back in when I go to the next settings tab. If I use an AT&T SIM everything works great but since I installed that T-Mobile carrier settings file when putting in another SIM those T-Mobile settings are all there. Yes I can change the settings but I can not delete any of the settings because they just come right back, for example the proxy or port settings I do not need for my carrier so when I delete them the T-Mobile settings come right back in.
    You should not be using these carrier bundles if you do not have a T-Mobile USA SIM card.

Quote Originally Posted by 21n6y View Post
    Have tried epc.tmobile.com for cell data & mms, but when I do that it brings me to a web2go (t-zones) page.

Currently I have it set with hiptop.t-mobile.com & wap.voicestream.com and using a proxy & push fix

Anyone know what I need to do (3G 3.1.2 T-mobile sidekick prepaid) to get it working correctly with push notifications?
    T-Mobile has officially blocked sidekick prepaid plans on non sidekicks.

If you do a forum search, you'll find some information on a sidekick proxy (monthly subscription). Also post in that thread (once you find it) WRT any push notifications issues.

Quote Originally Posted by deezy1 View Post
    Alright guys i keep reading on and on about this... im on a family plan with ulimited internet $20 a month and i have a 3g iphone, ive tried some things and i get the data subscription required screen. im a complete noob at t-mobile settings. im assuming my phone is set up as a sidekick because thats what we pulled the sim from and i would love to get this working. since times change is this still possible without upgrading the data plan?
    That $20 unlimited internet plan should work fine for a smartphone.

However, if it was a sidekick data plan, you'll need to migrate over to Web2Go ($19.99/month for unlimited data and text).

The best way to do it is call T-Mobile from a non-smartphone or from a landline. Once connected, tell them you would like to change your plan to Web2Go and notify them you have a T-Mobile Shadow or a Motoral RAZR.

Once complete, remove any carrier bundles (uninstall from Cydia if you have any) and all data settings (Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings -> Reset Network Settings) from your phone. After the phone reboots, install the first carrier bundle from Cydia. You can also install the tethering patch if you want (unless you already have).

ok here is what the plan is

Even More Plus for Families Unlimited Talk + Text + Web

Unlimited Whenever Minutes
    Unlimited Weekend Minutes
    Unlimited Weeknight Minutes
    i just switched it online to a motorola razr v3,define the first carrier package? i dont want to add more services to this plan as t is not mine. the price is for every phone i dont know if it would change price wise or not.... but is a behold considered a smart phone?

edit: what i mean by define carrier bundle i meant which one? the first actual one i see is T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid since i switched should it took so many hours for it to work? right now i goto the upgrade subscription page when browsing safari?
    Last edited by deezy1; 02-18-2010 at 06:59 PM.

Default Help! I can't text at all.
    iPhone: 3GS
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Prepaid/Postpaid
    Voice Plan: Family 2000
    Data Plan: T-zone
    SMS: T-Mobile family Unlimited Messages
    Time with T-Mobile: 36 months
    Last Plan Change: 18 months ago
    Problem: I cannot send text msg. Internet do work.
    F.W.: 3.12
    Modem: 05.11.07
    s#: 86930....

Whenever I push send button in sms, it goes directly to homepage.
    *This iphone is a new(used) one i bought from e-bay. It seems it works fine except the texting. I don't have mms either.
    Please help me. Do I need to restore to factory setting and how do I do that?

Ok i have internet working! i called tmobile they changed my phone and it didnt cost any extra (so they say) BUT its SOOO slow!
    i only have the little GPRS circle i never have the edge E how do i go about fixing that, i know tmobile has 3g coverage in my area cant i atleast get edge?

Quote Originally Posted by ehl0913 View Post
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Prepaid/Postpaid
    Voice Plan: Family 2000
    Data Plan: T-zone
    SMS: T-Mobile family Unlimited Messages
    Time with T-Mobile: 36 months
    Last Plan Change: 18 months ago
    Problem: I cannot send text msg. Internet do work.
    F.W.: 3.12
    Modem: 05.11.07
    s#: 86930....

Whenever I push send button in sms, it goes directly to homepage.
    *This iphone is a new(used) one i bought from e-bay. It seems it works fine except the texting. I don't have mms either.
    Please help me. Do I need to restore to factory setting and how do I do that?
    Restore to 3.1.2, jailbreak with blackra1n, and unlock with blacksn0w.

Your SMS issue has nothing to do with the carrier bundles.

Ok i have internet working! i called tmobile they changed my phone and it didnt cost any extra (so they say) BUT its SOOO slow!
    i only have the little GPRS circle i never have the edge E how do i go about fixing that, i know tmobile has 3g coverage in my area cant i atleast get edge?
    Your maximum data connection will be EDGE (hardware-limited). If you're on GPRS then it has to do with your service area.

Check T-Mobile's coverage map.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Very likely it's related to the local network. The situation is like that in various smaller metros, including my hometown in Texas.
    It seems T-Mobile's more interested in installing 3G than to upgrade the backup tech on the towers beforehand. That's good and bad; good since they will probably work more on upping 3G quality, but bad since non-3G and unlocked phone users (like us) are left out in the cold.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks

Default halp
    iPhone: 3G
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Prepaid/Postpaid and Blackberry
    Voice Plan: FamilyTime 1000
    Data Plan: BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on
    SMS: Unlimited Messages for Families
    Time with T-Mobile: longtime
    Last Plan Change: over 1 year ago
    Problem: After installing the tweak and do the reset of network settings and then the normal network reset, nothing populates in the cellular data network area other than the default wap.voicestream.com. No service at all, no sms, mms, and I have to reenter my wifi settings. Why isnt the install sticking if I'm performing all of the correct resets?

IE "There is NO NEED TO EDIT any of the input fields as the information is instantly populated by performing the above action (Reset Settings -> Reset)."
    /\ This is not happening..
    Last edited by golfer2000; 02-22-2010 at 06:45 PM.

interesting development: my $10 credit ran out a couple days ago, I'm still getting full internet access but not texting/phone
    Thank you proxy?

Default MMS success
    hey guys great work. The settings finally stick. I have Tmobile with the web2go plan 9.99. For internet to work and MMS i need it to be internet2.voicestream.com & epc.tmobile.com. So installing the enable MMS on 2G hack then the Legacy carrier bundle did the trick. Both APN's are set to those and not the same which was my problem with the first mms hack.

Pictures sent come out small though. is there a way to increase that?

iPhone: 2G
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Postpaid
    Voice Plan: Unlimited Family Even More Plus (??, something like that)
    Data Plan: Unlimited Family Even More Plus
    SMS: Unlimited Messages
    Time with T-Mobile: since before they were t-mobile
    Last Plan Change: 6 months ago
    Problem: I cannot access internet, text and talk work.

ok, I bought a used 2g jailbroken and unlocked phone, running 3.1 fw. We upgraded our t-mobile plan to the unlimited family (even more plus, I guess). My wife is the primary account holder, she has a blackberry and internet works flawlessly, but I can't connect with my iphone. I've tried all of the apn's, epc.tmobile.com, wap.voicestream.com, internet2.voicestream.com, none of those work. I've talked to tech support 2 times, neither of them could fix it, they did apply some kind of settings to my phone (utilities or something), didn't work, told me my sim card is bad, possibly. So I go to tmobile store, and they told me that 3.1 isn't supported on their plan anymore, I have to downgrade to an older firmware, but I don't believe that's true. What do I need to do?

Thanks!
    Last edited by solteroblues; 03-02-2010 at 09:14 AM.

I've never taken much notice into doing until now since I am sick of not having MMS.

Bundle Used: Have not installed any bundle. I added my own settings.
    Voice Plan: Family Plan 700 Whenever Minutes
    Data Plan: $9.99 Unlimited Data Plan
    SMS: No SMS (Removed them to replace it with the Data Plan this month. MMS/SMS are not blocked from my carrier though)
    Time with T-Mobile: 22 months
    Last Plan Change: Yesterday
    Problem: I cannot send MMS nor receive them. It hangs at the "Sending" process and stays there, even when I had unlimited SMS plan.

My settings at the moment are:

Cellular Data:
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com

MMS
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 104876
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

Quick question, are MMS charged as data or as text messages? Lastly, can I only send and receive from iPhone users? Or can I also receive from other mobile users with different cellphones?

Thanks guys!

Default T-Zones?
    I'm new to the whole iPhone thing I have had 2 iPod touches jailbroken for fun and customization but just got a iPhone 2G last week and jailbroke it and unlocked it for T-mobile. I have gotten everything to work wonderfully and have read most of the posts here and see some have gotten internet to work with a T-zones plan. My boss holds the bill for said account so I have no say in adding service but we have had the old unlimited family text,pic, and t-zone(intranet) plan. I'm wondering if I'm reading wrong or is it possible to get internet with only T-zones, or is this a sad dream? If it is not can someone point me in the right direction? I followed the directions in the first post to the "T" and everything else works eg. tethering is assessable, MMS, bluetooth profiles... but no internet. Thanks for your help.

is it me or is "cydia.iphonemod.com.br" not responding??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I posted earlier with my 2g woes, and sadly I never quite got this working 100% on that device, but I recently switched to a 3g iphone, and I wanted to say, not only did this work like gangbusters, but it also appears to have fixed a battery drain issue I was having with my edge radio! Victory!

Many many ultrathanks to all who offered suggestions earlier, and of course, supreme ultrathanks to SpookyET for taking the time to make these bundles and share them with humble users like myself.

EDIT: Okay, so I lied and the edge still noms my battery BUT only when I'm using it, as opposed to before, when it just drained constantly. Still happy! (although anyone who knows what the deal is with the edge draining the battery at like 2-4% per minute is welcome to speak up about it) <3
    Last edited by veebles; 03-11-2010 at 10:01 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,
    I just bought a 2G iPhone to use w/ T-Mobile. Of course the person I bought it from upgraded to 3.1.3. I was able to successfully jailbreak and unlock my iPhone, but now I want to follow the steps in this carrier bundles post, but I can't install anything unless I have 3.1.2 right? Can anyone tell me if there is some info out there on how to downgrade to 3.1.2 or do I just have to wait?

Thanks
    I hate 3.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by veebles View Post
    So I posted earlier with my 2g woes, and sadly I never quite got this working 100% on that device, but I recently switched to a 3g iphone, and I wanted to say, not only did this work like gangbusters, but it also appears to have fixed a battery drain issue I was having with my edge radio! Victory!

Many many ultrathanks to all who offered suggestions earlier, and of course, supreme ultrathanks to SpookyET for taking the time to make these bundles and share them with humble users like myself.

EDIT: Okay, so I lied and the edge still noms my battery BUT only when I'm using it, as opposed to before, when it just drained constantly. Still happy! (although anyone who knows what the deal is with the edge draining the battery at like 2-4% per minute is welcome to speak up about it) <3
    Go into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data and disable Push. Regardless of whether or not your email provider supports push email, if itís enabled, it will drain your resources. My battery used to die in 5 hours with that enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Photator View Post
    Hi,
    I just bought a 2G iPhone to use w/ T-Mobile. Of course the person I bought it from upgraded to 3.1.3. I was able to successfully jailbreak and unlock my iPhone, but now I want to follow the steps in this carrier bundles post, but I can't install anything unless I have 3.1.2 right? Can anyone tell me if there is some info out there on how to downgrade to 3.1.2 or do I just have to wait?

Thanks
    There is a 3.1.3 unlock coming. Until then, adore your brick.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 03-13-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Worked for me
    Quote Originally Posted by arich View Post
    LATEST UPDATE: I reset my network settings through Settings>General>Reset, installed the PostPaid .ipcc from the OP of this thread, changed my data APN to epc.tmobile.com but kept the wap.voicestream.com APN for MMS and voila! full quality pics!
    I did the same, but with the Legacy package, and it worked perfect.

3G/3.1.2
    No Data package

Thanks to all who helped, esp. Spooky.

Page 61 of 103 FirstFirst ... 11 515960616263 71 ... LastLast