+ Reply
Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 56 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
thats why i didnt unzip the files ,, you work directly from winrar. rename the .ipcc to .zip open the .zip in winrar ( DO NOT EXTRACT ) inside winrar
    Green Apple
    Thanks

thats why i didnt unzip the files ,, you work directly from winrar.

rename the .ipcc to .zip
    open the .zip in winrar ( DO NOT EXTRACT )
    inside winrar browse the files : payload , tmobile_bundle and doo the changes .
    to add files , click on the ADD button and pick the file you wanna add. ( this whole time you will be inside winrar . after your done with this rename the file back to .ipcc and try it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm having some trouble getting MMS. I restored my phone and then jb/unlocked it. I loaded up the postpaid .ipcc through itunes but under cellular data network it only added a section for visual voicemail no MMS section. Did i miss something?

I rebooted the phone even though you dont need to and still nothing. I also tried the prepaid .ipcc but still no dice.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lza602 View Post
    I'm having some trouble getting MMS. I restored my phone and then jb/unlocked it. I loaded up the postpaid .ipcc through itunes but under cellular data network it only added a section for visual voicemail no MMS section. Did i miss something?

I rebooted the phone even though you dont need to and still nothing. I also tried the prepaid .ipcc but still no dice.
    If you're using a 2G phone you need to install the avtivatemms2g package from Cydia before any of this will work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ah ok. I thought this let you skip that part. Thanks

Thanks
    guys, if u want to put ur custom carrier logos onto ur phone and u already have the ipcc file installed, just ssh into ur phone and go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle/ drag ur carrier logo png's into there (overwriting the ones in it), restart ur phone and u should be good to go!

this is how mine looks with the tmobile_us_postpaid.ipcc file installed:

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Installation screencast uploaded. Check first post.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    anyone else have the internet tethering option randomly disappear?? Everything else works fine though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noodles12 View Post
    anyone else have the internet tethering option randomly disappear?? Everything else works fine though.
    Randomly as in comes or goes or as in just gone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

mine did it too when i changed my APN setting back to what it was cause the internet2.voicestream.com doesnt work for me can someone help?

Thanks

If you ask for help.
    POST iPhone version.
    POST iPhone Firmware version.
    POST T-Mobile USA voice plan name.
    POST T-Mobile USA data plan name.
    POST T-Mobile IPCC file name you used.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Why not make a video so people will stop asking so many questions? i think it will be a big help to alot of people

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone 3G
    Individual 300 with FlexPay
    sidekick plan
    postpaid

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller7536 View Post
    Why not make a video so people will stop asking so many questions? i think it will be a big help to alot of people
    Check first post. There is a video.

Quote Originally Posted by iBall23 View Post
    iPhone 3G
    Individual 300 with FlexPay
    sidekick plan
    postpaid
    Tell me exactly what is and what isn't working.
    Is MMS working.
    Can you surf the net?
    Can you tether?
    Also, how do you check your balance? #999# like prepaid OR #225# and #646# Minutes Used and #674# for Messages used list post-paid.
    Postpaid does not work with sidekick.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-01-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    The bundles in Cydia are broken and the ones that are floating around the net that enable tethering are incomplete or broken. I have created my own bundles. They do not require jailbreaking and can be installed via iTunes. You will find bundles for different account types.

If you choose to share the bundles on other sites, please link bank to this thread or to my Twitter account. So, people can receive updates. There are rumours that T-Mobile are training their employees for the Visual Voicemail launch at the end of July. These bundles will have to be updated with the Visual Voicemail settings if their implementation is compatible with the iPhone. The bundles were made for the 3.0 Firmware. They will work with any iPhone running iPhone OS 3.0. If you though you'll see an APN for it, Visual Voicemail will not work.

If anyone can suggest VPN settings, please do. I don't know how to configure VPN.

Besides, MMS and tethering, these bundles also have the proper T-Mobile carrier logo. No more scrolling logo or "T - ...". It shows "T-Mobile". When the phone is roaming on a UNKNOWN carrier, it will display the name sent by that carrier, which is long and won't fit in the allotted space. That's why it is scrolling. If you have installed Winterboard logo Cydia packages, or other packages that modify AT&T or Unknown carrier bundles, you will not see your custom logo anymore because once you install this carrier bundle, the carrier will be KNOWN. The new "T-Mobile" logo, which is just a plain word, is the official logo for T-Mobile in all other countries where it is an official iPhone carrier. It is a graphic. That's why it is not scrolling. iPhone logos are not meant to have colours, drawings or other aberrations.

WARNING: If the current version that you have installed fully works for you now, DO NOT upgrade. You are not likely to gain new features, but lose some if the updated bundle is broken.
    DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.0.3

I will not create additional logos bundles for those that can't live with the plane iPhone. Don't whine if you see problems. Those are normal PNGs. They are not iPhone encoded. They may slow your Springboard or use more memory. I have compressed them as much as I can, but I don't have the PNG to iPhone PNG converter. I aim to stay official. You will never see themes and crazy logos on my phone. Rename the IPCC to zip, extract it. Overwrite the files in Payload/TMobile_us/. Zip the Payload folder. Change extension to IPCC.

Custom T-Mobile Carrier Logo

FOR THE LAZY WHO CAN'T OR WON'T READ, WATCH SCREENCAST IN HD FULL SCREEN
    iPhone T Mobile USA Carrier Bundle Installation Screencast on Vimeo
    This works like a charm...just follow the instructions and you will be golden. Many many thanks! Cheers!

Thanks

I guessed some settings for sidekick and upgraded the package to v1.0.3. I still need answers to the above questions about flexpay sidekick.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the ipcc's!! Everything works great, but I no longer have the option to change my cellular data settings? Anyone got a fix?

3G
    T-Mobile US.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimbeam4581 View Post
    Thanks for the ipcc's!! Everything works great, but I no longer have the option to change my cellular data settings? Anyone got a fix?

3G
    T-Mobile US.
    All of the carrier settings files in this thead have APN editing enabled. I'd suggest that you go into the Data Settings, scroll all the way to the bottom, click reset, reboot, and try editing again. If you still can't edit check to make sure you don't have any carrier bundles or settings installed via Cydia. When all else fails, reinstall the ipcc.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 360boi View Post
    guys, if u want to put ur custom carrier logos onto ur phone and u already have the ipcc file installed, just ssh into ur phone and go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle/ drag ur carrier logo png's into there (overwriting the ones in it), restart ur phone and u should be good to go!

this is how mine looks with the tmobile_us_postpaid.ipcc file installed:

Seems like it would work...bit not on a 2G...
    (TMobile_us_postpaid_tmobile_logo_1.0.2.ipcc the files were already there...)

Thanks

I'm having the same problem. MMS works, but the resolution is still bad. I can't go to Data Settings, it's not there anymore!

Going to reinstall the ipcc again (3rd time). Maybe have to go back to using the 'normal' files - where would I find that?

Quote Originally Posted by ironicirony View Post
    All of the carrier settings files in this thead have APN editing enabled. I'd suggest that you go into the Data Settings, scroll all the way to the bottom, click reset, reboot, and try editing again. If you still can't edit check to make sure you don't have any carrier bundles or settings installed via Cydia. When all else fails, reinstall the ipcc.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miamisub View Post
    I'm having the same problem. MMS works, but the resolution is still bad. I can't go to Data Settings, it's not there anymore!

Going to reinstall the ipcc again (3rd time). Maybe have to go back to using the 'normal' files - where would I find that?
    If you ssh into your phone and go to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles, you can just delete the TMobile_us.bundle. That should take you back to where you were before.

Hold On Just a Minute guys... trying to see if maybe there's something that's making these non-editable.

If someone who is having the disappearing network settings problem would PM me I'd like to try something.
    Last edited by ironicirony; 07-01-2009 at 06:26 PM.