Page 55 of 103 FirstFirst ... 5 455354555657 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Youíre welcome. Though, Iím confused as to why you needed to mess with the APN. The bundles should just work without touching.

Iím glad it works. Iíd like to get Visual Voice Mail to work as well. Please donate.
    i dont use a paypal, any other methods? cause id love to help you out with that. through all this i have learned to trust your packages and your advice.

Upgraded to 1.0.11 and MMS is still working fine on my 2G. I have had native mms2g installed to address the issue previously.

Still no Bluetooth or Tethering though...
    Last edited by corkey20000; 01-16-2010 at 01:52 AM.

scottspaz: The PayPal page doesn't require an account. Meaning, credit/debit cards work fine. Thanks for the support.

corkey20000: Now, you'll be able to tether and MMS at the same time. Before, you had to choose one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    scottspaz: The PayPal page doesn't require an account. Meaning, credit/debit cards work fine. Thanks for the support.

corkey20000: Now, you'll be able to tether and MMS at the same time. Before, you had to choose one or the other.

I do not have an option to tether after the update, I never did before and never have so I am not missing it too much. This goes for bluetooth as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Or, after installing the appropriate carrier bundle, tap the "Reset Settings" button found in the Cellular Data Network window:

Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network -> Reset Settings

That should automatically populate the fields from the installed carrier bundle.
    I installed the correct package from Cydia and it didn't work until I press "Reset Settings". After doing this, SMS & MMS worked properly. Thanks SpookyET.

SpokyET, why does sending a picture message take 2-3 minutes. I have T-Mobile (USA)? This is even on low resolution pictures.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Corley: check main post for the proper patch.

reddawg: T-Mobile USA is rubbish. You can send and receive in half a minute or a day. It's unpredictible. Is your nickname associated with UGA Dawgs?

Welp.

Phone will not boot past apple logo now. That pack in the first post bricked her. GRRRR.

EDIT:It will not even go in to recovery mode. Am i screwed? Can't believe this just happened
    Last edited by corkey20000; 01-16-2010 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    Welp.

Phone will not boot past apple logo now. That pack in the first post bricked her. GRRRR.
    I seriously doubt that. Most likely YOU did something wrong. There are thousands of people who have used those packs without a hitch. Put your phone into recovery mode and restore.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I seriously doubt that. Most likely YOU did something wrong. There are thousands of people who have used those packs without a hitch. Put your phone into recovery mode and restore.

I went to install iPhone 2G MMS Tethering Bluetooth pack, and then it said restart phone in cydia.

So it restarted and that's that. It will not go into recovery mode either.

It will go, just be patient with it. Force the phone into DFU or recovery mode and restore. It may take a few tries.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    It will go, just be patient with it. Force the phone into DFU or recovery mode and restore. It may take a few tries.
    I flip hold on, then off.

hold down power, see apple logo, i then press and hold home and let go of power,10 seconds go by, then it cuts. I have been doing this non stop for the past 5 minutes. I have a full battery thank god. Scared it is dead for good.

EDIT:

WOW. I did get it working, but guess what. The screen stays black the whole time. Nothing even comes up on the screen. I simply got the popup on my computer that it was found in recovery mode. What the hell happened?
    Last edited by corkey20000; 01-16-2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Lol, that is DFU mode, that is how it is supposed to look.

Eh. Guess I am not used to that. I am used to recovery mode with the nice itunes logo. Thanks for putting up with my chaos. I know what I am doing all night now

EDIT:

Okay, so I made it back.

I just installed Phone 2G: tethering, MMS and full Bluetooth and I still do not have MMS...No camera icon in a text message or in camera roll
    Last edited by corkey20000; 01-17-2010 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nicely done, followed the steps in the first post and it just all worked on my 2g. I didn't have much on my phone so I restored it with 3.1.2 to ensure that my comm center was pure then added both the tethering package and legacy settings. I did go in once to the settings and clicked RESET and then rebooted and after that everything just worked. Thanks so much. Donated. Happy. :-)

Corkey... hmmm... here are my exact steps I just did earlier this evening to get it working (pretty much just what was in the first post):

1. Use Itunes to restore phone to 3.1.2 and then set your lock to 5 minutes
    2. download blackra1n for windows here: blackweather for jailbreak if on t-mobile.
    3. while iphone is docked, run blackra1n you just downloaded. click make it ra1n. and wait for reboot.
    4. enable wi-fi and get on your home internet.
    5. after reboot, launch blackra1n from icon and install ROCK (it's faster and does the job).
    6. launch rock and let it update
    7. from within rock click manage and sources and add a new source of Index of /
    8. search for these two packages and install them:

"iPhone 2G: Tethering, MMS, bluetooth profile"
    "T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy"

I actually installed the network settings package first and then the tethering. You must reboot after the tethering. I did have to go into the network settings once to click RESET and reboot. After that i get the camera roll, everything just like the 3g phones and most important I now have data and mms at the same time.

I hope that helps and you get it working.

Oh in my above post, the forum software mangled my url for the source. it's the same as in the first post but is "cydia.iphonemod.com.br/".
    Last edited by bradastan; 01-17-2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    Eh. Guess I am not used to that. I am used to recovery mode with the nice itunes logo. Thanks for putting up with my chaos. I know what I am doing all night now

EDIT:

Okay, so I made it back.

I just installed Phone 2G: tethering, MMS and full Bluetooth and I still do not have MMS...No camera icon in a text message or in camera roll
    You might need the carrier bundle installed as well to expose MMS (in case you didn't install it).

Also, have you actually turned on MMS?

Settings -> Messages -> MMS Messaging ON/OFF

Quote Originally Posted by bradastan View Post
    Nicely done, followed the steps in the first post and it just all worked on my 2g. I didn't have much on my phone so I restored it with 3.1.2 to ensure that my comm center was pure then added both the tethering package and legacy settings. I did go in once to the settings and clicked RESET and then rebooted and after that everything just worked. Thanks so much. Donated. Happy. :-)

Corkey... hmmm... here are my exact steps I just did earlier this evening to get it working (pretty much just what was in the first post):

1. Use Itunes to restore phone to 3.1.2 and then set your lock to 5 minutes
    2. download blackra1n for windows here: blackweather for jailbreak if on t-mobile.
    3. while iphone is docked, run blackra1n you just downloaded. click make it ra1n. and wait for reboot.
    4. enable wi-fi and get on your home internet.
    5. after reboot, launch blackra1n from icon and install ROCK (it's faster and does the job).
    6. launch rock and let it update
    7. from within rock click manage and sources and add a new source of Index of /
    8. search for these two packages and install them:

"iPhone 2G: Tethering, MMS, bluetooth profile"
    "T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy"

I actually installed the network settings package first and then the tethering. You must reboot after the tethering. I did have to go into the network settings once to click RESET and reboot. After that i get the camera roll, everything just like the 3g phones and most important I now have data and mms at the same time.

I hope that helps and you get it working.

Oh in my above post, the forum software mangled my url for the source. it's the same as in the first post but is "cydia.iphonemod.com.br/".
    I'm glad that it worked for you.

You could have restored to 3.1.2 and then restore your backup with your saved texts, etc. Your saved backup will not affect the CommCenter in any shape or form.

But it is good to hear that you were cautious and able to follow the steps.
    Last edited by Lecram25; 01-17-2010 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lecram25 For This Useful Post:

Mes (01-18-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    You could have restored to 3.1.2 and then restore your backup with your saved texts, etc. Your saved backup will not affect the CommCenter in any shape or form.

But it is good to hear that you were cautious and able to follow the steps.
    Yeah,I was just unsure if the backup would have any network settings in there. Good to know for next time (and there will be a next time).

Everybody, thank lecram25 for cleaning up the first post.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Thanks lecram25 (and SpookyET). It's clear and complete.
    Good work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Spooky! I was wondering if there is anyway I can manually get the T-Mobile services. I already got Internet Tethering and MMS working on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by AMohamud View Post
    Thanks Spooky! I was wondering if there is anyway I can manually get the T-Mobile services. I already got Internet Tethering and MMS working on my own.
    The services are only available via the carrier bundles. The same goes for AT&T and other official carriers.

You could add the services to your phone by creating your own, but it's obviously easier to install one of the bundles (Cydia or iTunes). Installing one of the bundles will not affect your MMS or tethering.

Just make sure you follow the instructions for post installation; resetting the settings, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Thanks lecram25 (and SpookyET). It's clear and complete.
    Good work
    Hey no problem; just trying to make things easier.
    Last edited by Lecram25; 01-19-2010 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 55 of 103 FirstFirst ... 5 455354555657 65 ... LastLast