+ Reply
Page 53 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3 435152535455 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I do not believe that tethering works on the 2G iPhone. As far as I know, no one has been able to get T-Mobile's visual voicemail to work with the
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    I do not believe that tethering works on the 2G iPhone. As far as I know, no one has been able to get T-Mobile's visual voicemail to work with the iPhone. You might try the "Visible Voicemail" app for the iPhone, which in my experience works pretty well. You can use Google Voice or the free YouMail as your voicemail provider if necessary, since you need a voicemail service that will send voicemail messages as email attachments. Both Google Voice and YouMail explain how to configure your phone to use another voicemail provider.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus08 View Post
    I do not believe that tethering works on the 2G iPhone.
    "Visible Voicemail" app for the iPhone
    Aw that would explain my tethering, I never once figured it was a 2G thing like the MMS was. I'll investigate it from that point of view now.

As for the "Visible Voicemail", it has the same issue as YouMail. It is a 3rd party, and I don't want a 3rd party involved.

I'd prefer to get non-working Visual Voicemail (apple's app) running (but not working.) Until I get it ON the T-Mobile phone, it isn't worth my time trying to reverse engineer the protocol that it uses when on AT&T to create my own APN values pointing to MY own FreeBSD box running the VM server. If that makes sense.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

No one has Visual Voice Mail working, at least not the official one. I could not figure out how to get it to work. I have tried. No one has donated money for me to hire one or more people to crack it. These bundles have been downloaded tens of thousands of times. Postpaid/Flexpaid legacy was downloaded 15012 during just the month of December via Cydia. That’s just one out of the 8 bundles. The IPA had 4000+ downloads.

If just a large minority donated a dollar, I could have hired at least one Indian/Bangladeshi/Pakistani to figure it out. I abandoned the Visual Voicemail side-project. If you don’t care, why should I?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robertguero View Post
    Edited:
    WOW I just wrote all this crap and just noticed the you said its working the post after I told you how to fix. Thought it said still not working. Sorry not much sleep these days, laid-off and 6wk old baby, so i get to play daycare starting early in the morning when wife goes to work. Sorry.

First Post:
    3G and 3GS seem to hold whatever value you put in them, but not sure that is what they will use. I am not that fluent in this thing. Can only give you my experience. On the 2G if the value is set to something in the carier.plist then that value is what takes presidence. If you try to change the value, your changes will be ignored and dropped out when exit out of APN setting, respring or whatever. Plus it will not reset the value from or use the value that is in the plist. But once you start to put the value in that is in the plist it will instantly work. I dont think the 3G or 3GS act the same. I think that it will not purge the value you changed it to but will still stick with what value is in plist.

Not sure what data plan you are on but we just changed to the new data all plan or whatever its called. I had the wife's 2G set to wap addy for both internet and MMS because from what I had read both the values had to be the same or it would try to push to the internet value. Example, internet was set to epc addy and MMS needed wap addy. Every time I would try to set the MMS value to wap addy it would purge it just as soon as you exit from the APN settings page. I edited the carrier.plist myself setting the first 2 APN's under apn array to epc and the last to wap but it would not stick as I explained. So I set all apn's in the plist to wap. The 2G is super slow anyway and I noticed no difference in internet speed. BUT now that we have changed from T-Zones to the new data plan her internet is down. I believe its the 3.1.2FW that caused this issue of not being able to use 2 different values because it slowly started giving issue of not holding values a week or so after i upgraded.

Sorry for the long explaination but I wanted you to understand where I am coming from and what I know. I had the same issue you described about a month or so ago. I looked everywhere for a solution but no one had one. I even asked Spooky. So since no one had answers I started playing and came up with some stupid astronomical number and it worked. Read someone elses post last week and looked at their plist and this is the value they use, so I started using it. No problem since I first figured it out a month or so ago.

Can you send to yourself?

WHAT A DA I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A fix is in the works for you. Yes, being able to use two different APNs on a 2G in OS 3.1.2. I have it installed and working.
    Data APN (also used for tethering): epc.tmobile.com
    MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com

Whether is comes via an ipcc or Cydia is out of my control. But Spooky should be releasing it soon. Remember to reset your network settings after you update. Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

Then reset your Cellular Data settings: Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network -> Reset Settings

Also, here's a hack to enable Tethering (Bluetooth and USB), all of the 3G/3GS Bluetooth profiles (handsfree, phonebook, avrcp, a2dp, wiap, netSharing, gaming), and MMS (with what seems like much less battery drainage) on a jailbroken iPhone 2G running 3.1.2.

I must warn you or anyone else before installing this patch:
    You pretty much need a virgin iPhone 2G running 3.1.2 that is jailbroken. That means a clean CommCenter (i.e. if you already have an MMS patch installed, get rid of it) and a clean BTServer (i.e. if you already have A2DP Enabler, get rid of it).

A clean CommCenter has an MD5 of 1db09f87f239049d155ac07c964a4e0a. You can check by typing (copy/paste) this command in terminal: md5sum /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter

• Add this repo to Cydia: hxxp://cydia.iphonemod.com.br/ (replace the "xx" with "tt")
    • Install "iPhone 2G: Tethering, MMS, bluetooth profile"

Credits go to Daniel Borca: Hackint0sh

From Daniel:
    And a small caveat: if you have other tweaks in M68AP.plist (like gas-gauge-battery), they'll be lost.
    Last edited by Lecram25; 01-05-2010 at 04:56 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Anyone with a 3GS (on T-Mobile) want to test out the new carrier bundle?

Before SpookyET releases it, it has to work correctly with the 2G, 3G, and 3GS. Both the 2G and 3G work.

PM me for details.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Under which version of the iPhone OS will these .ipcc files work? One thing I'm still not sure about is how one can force OS 3.1.x to accept custom .ipcc files.

Thanks

I have a 3GS with MMS and tethering working great with my T-Zones plan but using the "postpaid-flexpaid" bundle, not the T-Zones one. (Both wap and epc APNs work for me for data.)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    I have a 3GS with MMS and tethering working great with my T-Zones plan but using the "postpaid-flexpaid" bundle, not the T-Zones one. (Both wap and epc APNs work for me for data.)
    Using iPhone OS 3.1.x?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus08 View Post
    Using iPhone OS 3.1.x?
    Korrekt

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I want to get that file and have 3GS - 3.1.2 and carrier T-Mobile

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sidq View Post
    I want to get that file and have 3GS - 3.1.2 and carrier T-Mobile
    And with the current bundle you're using, is everything working correctly for you (MMS send and receive, tethering, and internet data)?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Everything except voice visual and you need to change the setting to 24000000 for MMS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question It works on my 2g 3.1.2
    I followed the instructions in this thread, using the "Enable bluetooth, tethering, and MMS" bundle in cydia mentioned a few pages back in this thread, and the first of the carrier bundles that appears if you search for "spooky" in cydia.

After resetting the cellular data network settings, the mms apn appears to be unpopulated, but it actually works fine that way after a restart.

It didn't seem to work for me at first, but there was a permission problem with the parts subdirectory that the mms attachments get stored into. Once I fixed this problem, all was good.
    Last edited by techtoys; 01-10-2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Solved own Problem...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sent you a couple bucks spooky, hope you can help.
    iPhone: 2G
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Prepaid/Postpaid
    Voice Plan: 1500 Anytime
    Data Plan: Tzones
    SMS: Unlimited Messages
    Time on T-Mobile: 48 months
    Last Plan Change: never

Problem: I had os 3.0 with a patch from cydia that allowed me to use mms perfectly.

I made a custom ipsw and upgraded to 3.1.2 today using the latest pwnagetool

Then downloaded the 1.0.10 version of T-Mobile US - Prepaid/Postpaid in Cydia

The MMS camera icon does not show in messages, and nothing shows in my network settings for MMS or tethering

Now I do not know what to do to get them appearing, hope anyone can help, thx!
    Last edited by aura23; 01-10-2010 at 12:29 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techtoys View Post
    I followed the instructions in this thread, using the "Enable bluetooth, tethering, and MMS" bundle in cydia mentioned a few pages back in this thread, and the first of the carrier bundles that appears if you search for "spooky" in cydia.

After resetting the cellular data network settings, the mms apn appears to be unpopulated, but it actually works fine that way after a restart.

It didn't seem to work for me at first, but there was a permission problem with the parts subdirectory that the mms attachments get stored into. Once I fixed this problem, all was good.
    I'm glad that worked for you. Once 1.0.11 comes out, the MMS field will be populated. The packages are all done, just waiting for SpookyET to release/submit them.

Quote Originally Posted by aura23 View Post
    sent you a couple bucks spooky, hope you can help.
    iPhone: 2G
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Prepaid/Postpaid
    Voice Plan: 1500 Anytime
    Data Plan: Tzones
    SMS: Unlimited Messages
    Time on T-Mobile: 48 months
    Last Plan Change: never

Problem: I had os 3.0 with a patch from cydia that allowed me to use mms perfectly.

I made a custom ipsw and upgraded to 3.1.2 today using the latest pwnagetool

Then downloaded the 1.0.10 version of T-Mobile US - Prepaid/Postpaid in Cydia

The MMS camera icon does not show in messages, and nothing shows in my network settings for MMS or tethering

Now I do not know what to do to get them appearing, hope anyone can help, thx!
    Follow my post on the previous page like techtoys did. Once complete, install the carrier bundle. You should have MMS. You will have to wait for 1.0.11 for tethering to work properly.

Tethering and the Bluetooth profiles are only recent. Spooky's carrier bundles have nothing to do with enabling tethering on an iPhone 2G.

Good luck and report back with any issues.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lecram25 For This Useful Post:

techtoys (01-10-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thx for the help guys, it now works! though mms seems to be quite slow in sending and receiving, much slower than with 3.0 and the patch

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Seems the same to me, if not faster.

Thanks

Version 1.0.11 has been released with a fix for iPhone 2G MMS. You still need the patches for tethering and MMS.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

JTBurn (01-10-2010), techtoys (01-10-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks SpookyET. This is the first time that I have eve been able to use internet and MMS on my 2g at the same time. Great release!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JTBurn View Post
    Thanks SpookyET. This is the first time that I have eve been able to use internet and MMS on my 2g at the same time. Great release!!!
    You're welcome. Thank Lecram25 too. He helped a lot.

Please donate. Maybe, we'll have VVM too.