Page 52 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2 425051525354 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

I'm confused. Spooky writes about his latest .ipcc bundles:

"These IPCC files are recommended for those with officially unlocked phones who do no wish to jailbreak. Read the README.txt in the 'doc' folder and watch the screencast bellow."

OK. I have the following needs for tethering:

1. I use T-MobileWeb (epc.tmobile.com) and prepay month to month. So do I need t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid.ipcc or the legacy file? I'm running version 3.0.1 of the iPhone OS on a jailbroken phone unlocked with ultrasn0w 0.9.2.

2. If something goes wrong, I want to be able to remove the .ipcc file and revert to what I have. Can I do this easily.

Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus08 View Post
    I'm confused. Spooky writes about his latest .ipcc bundles:

"These IPCC files are recommended for those with officially unlocked phones who do no wish to jailbreak. Read the README.txt in the 'doc' folder and watch the screencast bellow."

OK. I have the following needs for tethering:

1. I use T-MobileWeb (epc.tmobile.com) and prepay month to month. So do I need t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid.ipcc or the legacy file? I'm running version 3.0.1 of the iPhone OS on a jailbroken phone unlocked with ultrasn0w 0.9.2.

2. If something goes wrong, I want to be able to remove the .ipcc file and revert to what I have. Can I do this easily.

Please advise.
    You can remove using DiskAid then restart.
    I think the installation locations are in the first post somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    You can remove using DiskAid then restart.
    I think the installation locations are in the first post somewhere.
    Thanks, Spooky. But should I be using the legacy or the latest postpaid/flexpaid .ipcc file?

One other thing: is there a way for me to keep the simple "T-Mobile" carrier indication instead of switching to the colored one?

Thanks, Spooky. But should I be using the legacy or the latest postpaid/flexpaid .ipcc file?

One other thing: is there a way for me to keep the simple "T-Mobile" carrier indication instead of switching to the colored one?
    Postpaid/flexpaid based on epc.tmo... That information is also in the first post.

Postpaid/flexpaid based on epc.tmo... That information is also in the first post.
    Cydia (ModMyi/Tweaks) lists two postpaid/flexpaid followed by the legacy .ipcc followed by another postpaid/flexpaid... I can't tell which one uses epc.tmo .. Is it the first one?

Cydia is not IPCC. I don't have control over the cydia repo nor do I know what's in it. I don't have Cydia installed.

Cydia is not IPCC. I don't have control over the cydia repo nor do I know what's in it. I don't have Cydia installed.
    But on your first post, you wrote:

"Cydia/Icy packages can be found in the ModMyI repository in the Tweaks category. These packages properly install the carrier bundle. "

carrier bundle is not the same as ipcc?

The contents are the same, but the package formats are different and they are installed into 2 different locations.

The contents are the same, but the package formats are different and they are installed into 2 different locations.
    OK, which should I be using? I assume that an uninstall via Cydia is very easy.

Use Cydia.

Use Cydia.
    It changed the name of my phone to "localhost"!

How did you install Ultrasn0w w/o Cydia?

What? Carrier Bundles don't change the name of your phone, whatever that means.

I'm not using UltraSn0w, and I installed the unlock with my own Summer Has CreamSn0w - Spooky Extraterrestrial Ramblings

Then why does my phone appear as "localhost" under "Devices" under the system bluetooth menu?

Don't know.

I'm not using UltraSn0w, and I installed the unlock with my own Summer Has CreamSn0w - Spooky Extraterrestrial Ramblings
    So the "pure" approach is to install a .ipcc file via iTunes?

Don't know.
    It probably comes from resetting network settings.
    Last edited by odysseus08; 12-26-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There is no pure approach. You have to restart the phone if you install via Cydia.

There is no pure approach. You have to restart the phone if you install via Cydia.
    What I mean is: if I want an iPhone w/o Cydia's patches, I can install your unlocking packing in PwnageTool and then the .ipcc carrier bundle via iTunes?

I think you're taking advantage of my hospitality. You need to start reading and make your own decisions of what and how you should install.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

What I mean is: if I want an iPhone w/o Cydia's patches, I can install your unlocking packing in PwnageTool and then the .ipcc carrier bundle via iTunes?
    if you're trying to say you just want it unlocked, check out Creamsn0w, i think thats what you are looking for, and yes, you will be able to use Spooky's carrier bundles with it
    If you can see this you are one of the many people who can see this.

Default Troubles
    I've read a lot of this thread, and I've googled till I'm dead.

Still no tethering or visual voicemail settings in carrier settings.

I have a 2G iPhone, fresh 3.1.2 install, Blackra1n & sn0w.

I installed the 2G MMS Cydia package with the US t-mobile profile from help.benm.at and had working Edge and MMS both ways.

I wanted Tethering and I wanted to play with getting Visual Voicemail working (on t-mobile or seeing about how to make it work with my own voicemail server by 061'ing my voicemail to an asterisk box and emulating the profile.)

So I found this thread, but after installing this profile from Cydia (1.0.10) for both Prepaid (which is most correct as I'm using Even More Plus unlimited text/web) I still don't see Tethering nor Visual Voicemail (in Settings->Network->Cellular Data Network) fields.

I tried uninstalling the Benm profile, then tried rm -rf /System/Library/Carrier\*, then Reset Network Settings. Each with reboots between.

I'm at a loss. Is it some problem since the last time these files were produced? Or am I doing something subtle wrong?

Page 52 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2 425051525354 62 102 ... LastLast