Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Increase MMS Mx Siz. I use 2400000. Its way to big but it works just fine. I know Spooky and I have had this convo. The issue started about a month ago and did not happen to everyone and not to all phones.
    Last edited by robertguero; 12-08-2009 at 12:09 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robertguero View Post
    Increase MMS Max Size. I use 2400000. Its way to big but it works just fine. I know Spooky and I have had this convo. The issue started about a month ago and did not happen to everyone and not to all phones.
    Ok i upped the size even bigger then u suggested and its working
    Last edited by sekrit; 12-07-2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: fixed

But if you are using an IPCC then it is set by the IPCC. You would have to edit the Carrier plist. The IPCC you installed would make it reset no matter what you put in there. IF the IPCC has a value for MMS Max size.
    Last edited by robertguero; 12-07-2009 at 12:24 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robertguero View Post
    But if you are using an IPCC then it is set by the IPCC. You would have to edit the Carrier plist. The IPCC you installed would make it reset no matter what you put in there. IF the IPCC has a value for MMS Max size.
    not true i set the new number reboot/shutdown/respring and still in there just as it was set manually and im using the ipcc from page one

What phone do you have and what FW you on? Which IPCC?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

3GS FW 3.1.2 and its spookyet T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpay legacy one on cydia

sorry prior post stated from fist page my mistake its the cydia one
    once installed i reset network setting then went changed the MMS Max size reboot/shutdown/respring and still in there just as i set it

Edited:
    WOW I just wrote all this crap and just noticed the you said its working the post after I told you how to fix. Thought it said still not working. Sorry not much sleep these days, laid-off and 6wk old baby, so i get to play daycare starting early in the morning when wife goes to work. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxratd View Post
    Ok i upped the size even bigger then u suggested and its working
    First Post:
    3G and 3GS seem to hold whatever value you put in them, but not sure that is what they will use. I am not that fluent in this thing. Can only give you my experience. On the 2G if the value is set to something in the carier.plist then that value is what takes presidence. If you try to change the value, your changes will be ignored and dropped out when exit out of APN setting, respring or whatever. Plus it will not reset the value from or use the value that is in the plist. But once you start to put the value in that is in the plist it will instantly work. I dont think the 3G or 3GS act the same. I think that it will not purge the value you changed it to but will still stick with what value is in plist.

Not sure what data plan you are on but we just changed to the new data all plan or whatever its called. I had the wife's 2G set to wap addy for both internet and MMS because from what I had read both the values had to be the same or it would try to push to the internet value. Example, internet was set to epc addy and MMS needed wap addy. Every time I would try to set the MMS value to wap addy it would purge it just as soon as you exit from the APN settings page. I edited the carrier.plist myself setting the first 2 APN's under apn array to epc and the last to wap but it would not stick as I explained. So I set all apn's in the plist to wap. The 2G is super slow anyway and I noticed no difference in internet speed. BUT now that we have changed from T-Zones to the new data plan her internet is down. I believe its the 3.1.2FW that caused this issue of not being able to use 2 different values because it slowly started giving issue of not holding values a week or so after i upgraded.

Sorry for the long explaination but I wanted you to understand where I am coming from and what I know. I had the same issue you described about a month or so ago. I looked everywhere for a solution but no one had one. I even asked Spooky. So since no one had answers I started playing and came up with some stupid astronomical number and it worked. Read someone elses post last week and looked at their plist and this is the value they use, so I started using it. No problem since I first figured it out a month or so ago.

Can you send to yourself?

WHAT A DA I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by robertguero; 12-08-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi, my MMS and data is working...but the tethering menu isnt showing~!! i have 0.10-1 version. I have reset the network or reboot but tethering menu is just gone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Robert

yes i just sent myself an MMS and it worked. i up the MMS size to 24000000 if that helps i just added a zero to your original suggestion and i can send/receive MMS again as far as ur troubles i am not sure about as i no longer have a 2g, only 3g and 3gs to test on have u tried starting over on a fresh restore? also try installing one from cydia as thats whats working for me now. trial and error sucks but thats what get me going

pm me the ipcc u are using and i can take a look and see if everything is kosher

or try making a ipcc yourself using Carrier Bundle Generator iPhone OS 3.0 - 3.1.2 (ipcc)

wish i could be of more assistance
    Last edited by sekrit; 12-08-2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: added to post

Since I have changed from T-Zones to web2go it has been nothing but a headache. Web2go uses internet2 for its internet APN and wap for the MMS APN. Well when set this way they will not stick. Even if I edit the plist still the same, wont stick.

Was on T-Zones and I could set both internet and and MMS APNs to wap and everything worked no prob and they would stick.

Right now I am trying anything. I just used the flexpaid legacy and it still sets both APNs to wap. Flexpaid legacy was the only one I found that used the correct APN settings for web2go.

is there any way for me to edit plist so I have to put settings in APN manually in the Cellular Data screen?

And this is on a 2G. My 3G works fine. I know 2G is not support in this thread but am asking general questions that will help me understand things in the plist.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok try this and see if it helps

go to cydia and install ActivateMMS2G and Reboot Phone

Start mobile Safari goto Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone (
    Tap Continue
    Tap Custom APN
    Enter the APN that works for you
    Leave Username blank
    Leave Password blank
    V3 Tethering + MMS => select Yes
    Carrier select one
    Tap Create profile
    Tap Install to Install the APN Carrier Settings

Then go to Settings => General =>Network =>Cellular Data Network
    In Cellular Data => MMS section add MMSC
    In Cellular Data => MMS section add MMS proxy
    And any other data u need

and reboot settings should stay

ActivateMMS2G is no longer available on Cydia.

From what I am seeing on all of the autoconfig sites, they are setting internet and MMS APN to wap.

I used a custom CommCenter from hackint0sh before they had any other solves for 2G MMS. Worked for a few days. Has something to do with 3.1.2FW. Wife says give her back the 2G with 3.0 on it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Anybody know if these carrier bundles work with Blacksn0w unlocks?

Yes, of course they do. They work with any unlock. An unlock is an unlock.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

ThaNatrix (12-18-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNatrix View Post
    Anybody know if these carrier bundles work with Blacksn0w unlocks?
    I'm using blacksn0w on my own mobile. Yes, they do.

I am thinking of reducing the number of bundles since they *MAY* not be relevant anymore since T-Mobile are forcing everybody to upgrade to their smartphone plans. So, I need from all of you to confirm which of them still FULLY work for you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

gcastro723 (12-21-2009)

Still using the postpaid flexpaid legacy

The one thing I have noticed as of yesterday is that my data services now get disabled when I am making a phone call. This never used to happen before but has been happening for 2 days now. Not quite sure what is causing it yet.
    Last edited by Melech518; 12-18-2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

I use the postpaid flexpaid legacy as of yesterday. I switched to the 10 dollar plan after finding no diff between it and the 25 dollar one I had. With the latter I was using the flexpaid postpaid bundle. I can confirm both of these bundles work flawlessly with their appropriate plans.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

SpookyET

T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpay legacy one on cydia is working good

just needed to manually edit the MMS size to 24000000 to get past the media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction error

after the change its been working flawlessly

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    I'm using blacksn0w on my own mobile. Yes, they do.

I am thinking of reducing the number of bundles since they *MAY* not be relevant anymore since T-Mobile are forcing everybody to upgrade to their smartphone plans. So, I need from all of you to confirm which of them still FULLY work for you.
    Spooky, dont remove the Legacy bundles, i think that is the most widely used one, it works for the relatives in my family perfectly, and thats like 5 iPhones including myself
    If you can see this you are one of the many people who can see this.

Thanks

I agree with not removing legacy. Tmobile may be attempting to force upgrades but there are easy work arounds to keep the cheaper plans. Additionally I believe we can win battles w customer care considering we are deprived of the 3g speeds inherent in the plans they want us to have.

Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 101 ... LastLast