+ Reply
Page 5 of 103 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 55 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
nope. none
    Green Apple
    Thanks

nope. none

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I have removed the custom pink T-Mobile logo from this package. Not only that the team I'm building aim to stay official, but we all hate custom logos; it's also becoming annoying to manage 8 branches. You can modify the IPCC and install whatever logos you like.

VPN bundle added. Please test it.

Quote Originally Posted by gabesir View Post
    nope. none
    For which accounts does epc.tmobile.com work? Also, does it only work for new accounts, or does it also work for grandfathered accounts which had wap.voicestream.com internet2.voicestream.com, internet3.voicestream.com, and hiptop.tmobile.com (sidekick)?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-01-2009 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    The bundles in Cydia are broken and the ones that are floating around the net that enable tethering are incomplete or broken. I have created my own bundles. They do not require jailbreaking and can be installed via iTunes. You will find bundles for different account types.

If you choose to share the bundles on other sites, please link bank to this thread or to my Twitter account. So, people can receive updates. There are rumours that T-Mobile are training their employees for the Visual Voicemail launch at the end of July. These bundles will have to be updated with the Visual Voicemail settings if their implementation is compatible with the iPhone. The bundles were made for the 3.0 Firmware. They will work with any iPhone running iPhone OS 3.0. If you though you'll see an APN for it, Visual Voicemail will not work.

If anyone can suggest VPN settings, please do. I don't know how to configure VPN.

Besides, MMS and tethering, these bundles also have the proper T-Mobile carrier logo. No more scrolling logo or "T - ...". It shows "T-Mobile". When the phone is roaming on a UNKNOWN carrier, it will display the name sent by that carrier, which is long and won't fit in the allotted space. That's why it is scrolling. If you have installed Winterboard logo Cydia packages, or other packages that modify AT&T or Unknown carrier bundles, you will not see your custom logo anymore because once you install this carrier bundle, the carrier will be KNOWN. The new "T-Mobile" logo, which is just a plain word, is the official logo for T-Mobile in all other countries where it is an official iPhone carrier. It is a graphic. That's why it is not scrolling. iPhone logos are not meant to have colours, drawings or other aberrations.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.0.2

I will not create additional logos bundles for those that can't live with the plane iPhone. Don't whine if you see problems. Those are normal PNGs. They are not iPhone encoded. They may slow your Springboard or use more memory. I have compressed them as much as I can, but I don't have the PNG to iPhone PNG converter. I aim to stay official. You will never see themes and crazy logos on my phone. Rename the IPCC to zip, extract it. Overwrite the files in Payload/TMobile_us/. Zip the Payload folder. Change extension to IPCC.

Custom T-Mobile Carrier Logo
    Ok so i tried this file... it doesn't work for me. I've figured out that on my 2g if there is anything in the max message size i get an error while trying to send. So i tired to edit the file and then itunes would upload it.. anyone wanna help me out.. i use epc.tmobile.com also
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok i was looking at your string..
    <dict>
    <key>GroupModeEnabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>MMSC</key>
    <string>http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc</string>
    <key>MaxMessageSize</key>
    <integer>1048576</integer>
    <key>MaxVideoBitrate</key>
    <integer>131072</integer>
    <key>MaxRecipients</key>
    <integer>10</integer>
    <key>Proxy</key>
    <string>216.155.165.50:8080</string>
    <key>UAProf</key>
    <string>http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf</string>
    <key>UserAgent</key>
    <string>SonyEricssonW800i/R1L</string>
    <key>Version</key>
    <string>1.2</string>

for some reason "IF" i use http://mms.msg... it does not work at ALL if i edit and just use the 216.... it works

Thanks

What kind of T-Mobile account do you have and when have you opened it? 2G phones do not oficially support MMS. You have to use a Cydia hack to enable it. Others on 2G have not had problems with message size.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What kind of T-Mobile account do you have and when have you opened it?
    i have the total internet for a while now.

2G phones do not oficially support MMS. You have to use a Cydia hack to enable it.
    yes i installed the patch from cydia

Others on 2G have not had problems with message size.
    i dont have the problem anymore after editing the carrier.plist , my wifes iphone does not have a phone plan but we both have the unlimited text and i use my same .ipcc on hers and it works. and the pics are clear =)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Redownload the zip file from the main post of this thread. Read the main post again. You have been warned. I find custom logos ugly as hell. Whatever floats your boat. Use TMobile_us_postpaid_tmobile_logo_1.0.2.ipcc
    Take care.
    OK I figured out the screenshot...yeah, I like custom logos, but they didn't work. Oh well! Here's a shot of my springboard w/the standard text carrier and my text app showing me sending & receiving MMS! Again, the quality is better than expected seeing as I keep reading people complain about it.

Thanks again for your help...must be frustrating to help us old guys that don't know crap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)-img_0521.png   T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)-img_0523.png  

Thanks

I will not provide bundles with custom logos. Official only. I aim to make these IPCC files as OEM official as possible as if Apple themselves have created them.

I will not support 2G phones. Don't own one. Don't have access to one. All I can do is rehearse what others have said. If that information is wrong, it will seem that I'm incompetent.

Remove all Cydia hacks related to T-Mobile from your phone before you install an IPCC. Restart your phone after you removed all hacks. Remove network profiles you have installed from random sites. They conflict.

Green Apple
    Thanks

the pink cake on the pic looks GOOD! im hungry!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gabesir For This Useful Post:

way2fst4u (07-01-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I will not provide bundles with custom logos. Official only. I aim to make these IPCC files as OEM official as possible as if Apple themselves have created them.

I will not support 2G phones. Don't own one. Don't have access to one. All I can do is rehearse what others have said. If that information is wrong, it will seem that I'm incompetent.

Remove all Cydia hacks related to T-Mobile from your phone before you install an IPCC. Restart your phone after you removed all hacks. Remove network profiles you have installed from random sites. They conflict.
    I get it...you changed your mind. That's fine, but I am using one of your files that was supposed to have the custom carrier logo on it. Please don't make it seem like I am the incompetent one. I did everything you asked before you changed your platform on custom logos...either way, I don't care. MMS is working.

Rewording your "statement" to make it seem like I am trying something you didn't create isn't right. This was YOUR file, and by YOUR instruction was supposed to have a custom carrier logo. Again, I don't care...just making my statement.

the pink cake on the pic looks GOOD! im hungry!
    LOL...my daughter wanted a "girly skull" cake for her B-day. I build custom motorcycles for a living...she's tryin to be like her old man.
    Last edited by way2fst4u; 07-01-2009 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by way2fst4u View Post
    I get it...you changed your mind. That's fine, but I am using one of your files that was supposed to have the custom carrier logo on it. Please don't make it seem like I am the incompetent one. I did everything you asked before you changed your platform on custom logos...either way, I don't care. MMS is working.

Rewording your "statement" to make it seem like I am trying something you didn't create isn't right. This was YOUR file, and by YOUR instruction was supposed to have a custom carrier logo. Again, I don't care...just making my statement.
    I never implied you were incompetent. I said I'd be if I rehashed bad 2G information, which I can't test. The pictures are OK. That's how it's supposed to look. The files with custom logos before I pulled them down were called:
    TMobile_us_postpaid_tmobile_logo.ipcc
    TMobile_us_prepaid_tmobile_logo.ipcc

You can make your own. I'll assume you're on postpaid and on Mac.
    Download the latest release.
    Download the custom logos.
    Unzip them.
    Rename TMobile_us_postpaid.ipcc to TMobile_us_postpaid.zip
    Unzip the file. You should see a Payload folder.
    In the Payload folder, right click on TMobile_us.bundle and select "Show Package Contents".
    You'll see a few plist files and a few png files.
    Drop the custom logos in there and overwrite those files.
    Delete TMobile_us_postpaid.zip
    Zip Payload
    Rename Payload.zip to TMobile_us_postpaid.ipcc
    Update with iTunes.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-01-2009 at 09:21 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

way2fst4u (07-01-2009)

Thanks

if anyone wants a custom IPCC for postpaid t-mobile i will make it just let me know. i have no problems doing this for the 2G phones i just cant do custom logos but i will change the apn and stuff like that for ya

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pcpro745 View Post
    if anyone wants a custom IPCC for postpaid t-mobile i will make it just let me know. i have no problems doing this for the 2G phones i just cant do custom logos but i will change the apn and stuff like that for ya
    I do not want to pollute the thread with custom IPCC attachments. It's confusing as it is. If the IPCC provided don't work, I want to add new account types to the package. I still need someone with flexpay to test with the POSTPAID IPCC. I also need the same from someone with a SIDEKICK plan.

Thanks

Thats fine with me, If somebody wants them PM me and ill PM you a download link we will keep the threads clean that way, Doesnt matter what service its for ill do it, Only thing im supporting is T-mobile if you want orange or somthing you better know the details
    Last edited by Pcpro745; 07-01-2009 at 09:47 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Who cares , is working and thats all it matters really!

LOL...my daughter wanted a "girly skull" cake for her B-day. I build custom motorcycles for a living...she's tryin to be like her old man.
    sweet , she is doing awesome! the cake looks good! now go build me a bike! =P

Green Apple
    Thanks

itunes gives me an error when i select the .ipcc file but maybe i did it wrong.

i unzipped
    put the 4 files in a folder
    rezipped the files
    renamed the zip file to TMobile_Res.ipcc
    selected the ipcc file in itunes
    then i get an error

that all correct?
    Last edited by Tunerfreak; 07-01-2009 at 10:19 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tunerfreak View Post

i unzipped
    rezipped the files
    then i get an error

that all correct?
    The file you download will be one zip file, when you unzip that you will get a folder with ipcc files inside of it. You do not need to re-name, unzip, or otherwise modify these individual ipcc files. Simply select one in iTunes.

Just a General Note:

If you happen to get this far in the thread before you start this process you might want to take these two steps first. If you have problems, you might want to try these two steps before asking for help.

1. Remove any carrier bundle or carrier logo hacks you have installed via Cydia.

2. On your iPhone go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network. At the Cellular Data screen scroll to the bottom and click Reset Settings.
    Last edited by ironicirony; 07-01-2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Grrr, Stupid Automerge

Green Apple
    Thanks

i unzipped
    rezipped the files
    then i get an error

that all correct?
    what i did was , rename the ,ipcc to .zip .open with winrar "did not extract " just open from within , clicked on the ADD button in winrar and addedd the files i wanted. renamed back to .ipcc and it worked =)

Green Apple
    Thanks

what i did was , rename the ,ipcc to .zip .open with winrar "did not extract " just open from within , clicked on the ADD button in winrar and addedd the files i wanted. renamed back to .ipcc and it worked =)

Ahh... for modifying. Yeah, on Windows WinRar is probably the best option. In general all of the files need to be in a folder named "Payload", and then that folder needs to be zipped.

Thanks

I would not do this on Windows. Those files must have certain permissions. If you unzip it on Windows, you'll lose those permissions.