+ Reply
Page 49 of 103 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 59 99 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Wow, I think I love you spooky!!! As soon as I read you last post, I re-jailbroke my phone, decided never to use diskaid again and installed one of the
    Thanks
    Wow, I think I love you spooky!!! As soon as I read you last post, I re-jailbroke my phone, decided never to use diskaid again and installed one of the spookyet packages and wow got my first mms since back in the 3.0 days lol thanks again spooky

Thanks

Why is dis shett not stickehhd? =]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep312 View Post
    IM getting conflicting reports, Spookey can you confirm this please?

It it possible for a 2g iphone with 3.1.2 installed on t-mobile to be able to do this MMS?

I just want to make sure I have not updated to far to go back and accomplish this?
    iPhone 2G - 3.1.2 MMS - DEVS ONLY

Win XP, T-Mo, 2G, 3.1.2fw, jb/ul with image friend made with MAC for me.

Have not looked to see how Spooky does it this time, but used some of his stuff. His worked on 3.0 but I could not get it to work on 3.1.2.

Also in case others are looking to upgrade to 3.1.2 on a 3G, watch it. Just did mine and now I have no signal. Seems it can change the modem fw ver to 5.11.07 and it wont work after jb/ul. Just heads up. Wish i would have known.

not trying to mess with your post there Spook. Was verifing can be done on 2G. Not an easy method.

What page discusses new bundle? since there is 65, little help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Asking for Help
    iPhone: 3GS 3.1.2 jb & Unlocked
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy
    Voice Plan: Cust loyalty unlimited
    Data Plan: T-Zones 5.99
    SMS: T-Mobile 1000
    Time on T-Mobile: 6 years
    Last Plan Change: 4 months ago
    Problem: I cannot activate Cellular Data Network.

my other iphone works (3G 3.0) I dont remember which bundle I used on that one.

OK I got Data workig but I cannot recieve MMS or Text
    Last edited by beav626; 11-03-2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ticko's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beav626 View Post
    Asking for Help
    iPhone: 3GS 3.1.2 jb & Unlocked
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy
    Voice Plan: Cust loyalty unlimited
    Data Plan: T-Zones 5.99
    SMS: T-Mobile 1000
    Time on T-Mobile: 6 years
    Last Plan Change: 4 months ago
    Problem: I cannot activate Cellular Data Network.

my other iphone works (3G 3.0) I dont remember which bundle I used on that one.

OK I got Data workig but I cannot recieve MMS or Text
    Same boat plz help! can send but cannot receive texts or mms.
    Last edited by Ticko; 11-03-2009 at 07:04 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ticko View Post
    Same boat plz help! can send but cannot receive texts or mms.
    There is a T-Mobile nationwide network outage causing intermittent problems (this is of course if your problem is in the last hour or so).

Thanks

Hey Spook,
    You may already be aware of this but the tethering option recently started disappearing on people's phones for no apparent reason. Do you know why this is happening, and if you do is there a way to fix it? Other threads mentioned a patch from cydia, but it froze my phone and I had to restore, not wanting to do that again!

Thanks

Hi, using an iPhone 3GS, OS 3.1.2, jb/unlocked by blacksn0w on T-Mobile.

I currently have a Blackberry unlimited data/messaging plan.

I'm able to receive and send text messages, as well as make calls but I am unable to use the internet. At all.

I have also done some light testing with the MMS, trying to send a picture to myself but that is also not working.

What settings should I use? I have followed everything on the original post for carrier settings under Postpaid Blackberry plan.

Please reply soon!

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Try one of the regular plan packages.

Lovely

Not

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNatrix View Post
    Hey Spook,
    You may already be aware of this but the tethering option recently started disappearing on people's phones for no apparent reason. Do you know why this is happening, and if you do is there a way to fix it? Other threads mentioned a patch from cydia, but it froze my phone and I had to restore, not wanting to do that again!
    It disappears because it was disabled by Apple. It needs to be patched. The next PwnageTool will have the patch.

For those that use blacksn0w, be aware that there are WiFi, GPS, and other issues with it. Geohot's stuff is more a proof of concept and usually very buggy and not for consumption. Wait for Dev-Team to update PwnageTool and ultrasn0w.

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    For those that use blacksn0w, be aware that there are WiFi, GPS, and other issues with it. Geohot's stuff is more a proof of concept and usually very buggy and not for consumption. Wait for Dev-Team to update PwnageTool and ultrasn0w.
    yup... I am experiencing the wifi issue... Its the best I can do now until another release is out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I ra1ned on a 2G yesterday and experimented for a while. Wifi worked fine. T-Mobile Edge and phone service worked fine. Youtube did not work. MXTube worked fine.

Isn't that weird? Youtube didn't work but MxTube did. I think this is a push issue, but I don't understand why or how youtube works with push.

BTW spooky, I really need push and I just can't find any good info. And frankly I'm sick of reading about jailbreaking, unlocking, MMS, recovery mode loop and all the rest. Can you point me to a good thread about push on 3.1.2? I have a 3G FW 3.1 BB 4.26.08 on T-Mobile USA and have not been able to get push to work, and believe me, I have read for hours and hours. I have solved about every T-Mobile iphone problem except for getting push apps to work.
    Last edited by geminiboi; 11-07-2009 at 10:17 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geminiboi View Post
    I ra1ned on a 2G yesterday and experimented for a while. Wifi worked fine. T-Mobile Edge and phone service worked fine. Youtube did not work. MXTube worked fine.

Isn't that weird? Youtube didn't work but MxTube did. I think this is a push issue, but I don't understand why or how youtube works with push.

BTW spooky, I really need push and I just can't find any good info. And frankly I'm sick of reading about jailbreaking, unlocking, MMS, recovery mode loop and all the rest. Can you point me to a good thread about push on 3.1.2? I have a 3G FW 3.1 BB 4.26.08 on T-Mobile USA and have not been able to get push to work, and believe me, I have read for hours and hours. I have solved about every T-Mobile iphone problem except for getting push apps to work.
    There is a simple way to fix push, the best way, and the only way it should be done--ACTIVATE WITH AN ORIGINAL SIM CARD: AT&T. Do not hacktivate.

Thanks

There is a simple way to fix push, the best way, and the only way it should be done--ACTIVATE WITH AN ORIGINAL SIM CARD: AT&T. Do not hacktivate.
    After activating with an AT&T SIM, is it safe to restore an iTunes backup?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dweller View Post
    After activating with an AT&T SIM, is it safe to restore an iTunes backup?
    NO!!! Do NOT restore the backup because it will contain your old hacktivation stuff and will break your new activation.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

Dweller (11-07-2009)

Thanks

Has anyone confirmed that "push fix" in Cydia on that Israeli repo to work? I'd try it, but I've already got my phone working with it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, I've read all about this. Indeed, I have a pile of ATT SIMs from unlocking former ATT phones. I just don't get it. There doesn't seem to be any way to activate unless you jump through all the iTunes hoops. You either have to set up a new account, with ATT, with your own credit card. Or, if the old ATT SIM has been previously activated, you end up at a screen demanding the last 4 digits of your SSN.

Can the ATT SIM be previously activated?

Does the ATT SIM have to be brand new?

Does it matter if you're starting from scratch, i.e., a freshly restored, connect-to-itunes phone?

Or, does one have to jailbreak first?
    Last edited by geminiboi; 11-07-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks

NO!!! Do NOT restore the backup because it will contain your old hacktivation stuff and will break your new activation.
    Thanks.

Also, just want to confirm, will an unactivated (shows up as "Unregistered SIM" on a Motorola phone) ATT SIM still work fine for activation?

I'll wait for ultrasn0w to be updated before doing anything as I'd rather not run into WiFi/GPS issues/whatever else that seems to be occurring due to blacksn0w.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geminiboi View Post
    Ok, I've read all about this. Indeed, I have a pile of ATT SIMs from unlocking former ATT phones. I just don't get it. There doesn't seem to be any way to activate unless you jump through all the iTunes hoops. You either have to set up a new account, with ATT, with your own credit card. Or, if the old ATT SIM has been previously activated, you end up at a screen demanding the last 4 digits of your SSN.

Can the ATT SIM be previously activated?

Does the ATT SIM have to be brand new?

Does it matter if you're starting from scratch, i.e., a freshly restored, connect-to-itunes phone?

Or, does one have to jailbreak first?
    I have a deactivated prepaid AT&T sim, and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dweller View Post
    Thanks.

Also, just want to confirm, will an unactivated (shows up as "Unregistered SIM" on a Motorola phone) ATT SIM still work fine for activation?

I'll wait for ultrasn0w to be updated before doing anything as I'd rather not run into WiFi/GPS issues/whatever else that seems to be occurring due to blacksn0w.
    A non-activated phone will say, "CONNECT TO ITUNES".

I have released version 1.0.10. Check main post. Fix for those who also use AT&T. Removed blank carrier logo hack since it's allegedly fixed in ultrasn0w 0.92. Should work on all 3.0-3.1.2.

Can someone bug a moderator to make this thread a sticky? Thanks.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 11-09-2009 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a question for SpookyET - Can I use the file of UltraSn0w 0.92 for Blacksn0w - I tried but it is very slow