+ Reply
Page 23 of 103 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 73 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by Jose4023 Spoke to a level 3 he said they have implemented the visual voicemail and g1 users should be able to use it with apppack from their
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jose4023 View Post
    Spoke to a level 3 he said they have implemented the visual voicemail and g1 users should be able to use it with apppack from their android store, he was unfortunately unable to find the apn for the voicemail at this time. He told me that they will be able to give me more info on the 20th which is when he said it will be available through there"Streamline" website which is their "Bible" according to him. He did note it in my profile that way when I call back on Monday they will be able to give me the apn right away. Also I wanted to ask what must I put in the carriers.plist in order to have the visual voicemail show up in cellular data menu? Or could you make a carrier ipcc to use with internet2 that would allow me to edit the visual voicemail? Any help on that would be awesome thanks!
    It's more than an apn. It cannot be edited from the Cellular Data Menu.
    As I have posted a while back. You need the BeaconAddress, the BeaconServiceCenter, notification settings, and some general stuff like max/min pin lenght, max greeting durtion. You also need the authentication scheme, whether it uses SSL, a lot more.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    It's more than an apn. It cannot be edited from the Cellular Data Menu.
    As I have posted a while back. You need the BeaconAddress, the BeaconServiceCenter, notification settings, and some general stuff like max/min pin lenght, max greeting durtion. You also need the authentication scheme, whether it uses SSL, a lot more.
    Wow ok that's a lot more than I thought you needed ok I will be calling back 
    Although he also mentioned that iphone peovisioning would be available "Mid-August" that's as bad as AT&T mid summer with the whole mms thing, I'll see what I can squeeze out of them

Thanks

<key>com.apple.voicemail.imap</key>
    <dict>
    <key>AuthenticationScheme</key>
    <string>DIGEST-MD5</string>
    <key>BeaconAddress</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>BeaconServiceCenter</key>
    <string>+12063130004</string>
    <key>ClientManagesTrash</key>
    <false/>
    <key>DeliverLegacyNotificationsBeforeSetup</key>
    <true/>
    <key>GreetingNotification</key>
    <true/>
    <key>MaxGreetingDuration</key>
    <integer>30</integer>
    <key>MaxPINLength</key>
    <integer>7</integer>
    <key>MinPINLength</key>
    <integer>4</integer>
    <key>UsesMWI</key>
    <false/>
    <key>UsesSSL</key>
    <false/>
    </dict>
    <key>voicemail_context</key>
    <integer>0</integer>

This is what I have so far, and it's educated guessing.

Thanks

<dict>
    <key>BeaconAddress</key>
    <string></string>
    <false/>
    <true/>
    <true/>
    <integer>30</integer>
    <key>MaxPINLength</key>
    <integer>7</integer>
    <key>MinPINLength</key>
    <integer>4</integer>
    <key>UsesMWI</key>
    <false/>
    <key>UsesSSL</key>
    <false/>
    </dict>
    <integer>0</integer>

I will try this out and tweak a bit. I have access to Streamline, and so far there is nothing in there regarding settings. From what I see in Streamline, I have never noticed advanced settings as such. I am very educated in carrier bundles and the iPhone in general. Keep me posted and I will you. Thanks Spooky!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wdelisi View Post
    I will try this out and tweak a bit. I have access to Streamline, and so far there is nothing in there regarding settings. From what I see in Streamline, I have never noticed advanced settings as such. I am very educated in carrier bundles and the iPhone in general. Keep me posted and I will you. Thanks Spooky!
    There is another setting that says VisualVoiceMailServiceName which is set to 'none'. It must be changed to 'IMAP'.
    I think I have everything in there short of the BeaconAddress, which is an SMS short code.
    You can try 123 for the BeaconAddress, which is the shortcode for voicemail right now.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-18-2009 at 05:12 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

quick question...i have tmo postpaid, and i'm using the bundle with the "epc" address for edge, i've noticed tho with my bb plan i have for this phone the "wap" edge addy is faster...in the bundles tho, the only one that uses the "wap" data address is the Prepaid bundle...can i use that bundle instead even tho i'm not prepaid? and if so do i just reset the network settings, unistall the current bundle in cydia and dwnld the new one?

Thanks

Somewhat off topic, but the information may be useful to some of you if you want to put one of the T-Mobile carrier support bundles in your custom firmware. I hate repeating myself, and I'm a bundle making machine. I've been playing with PwnageTool bundles. The way they work is that Cydia has a special folder which it monitors. It will automatically install all debs found there on the next launch. It is also smart enough to automatically look for updates and install updated packages. So, after a restore. You'll have to launch Cydia. It will automatically install the packages embedded in the firmware. After which, you'll have to restart the phone.

It does suck that you have to restart the phone--that they are not available immediately after the restore.
    It is possible to extract simple packages from the deb and have PwnageTool install them just like it installs Cydia, which is not a deb, but it is extracted. Unfortunately, it's not simple unless you don't care for updates. It's complicated to register the packages with Cydia, but not impossible. It's easier to modify the CydiaInstaller.bundle and dump your extracted packages in there and register them alongside the Cydia packages in it's database. I'm not going to go into that deal. My goal was to actually have ultrasn0w available immediately after a restore, but the secretive Dev Team have created installation/uninstallation compiled executables instead of scripts. I have never encountered executables before. All packages use scripts. But, most likely it modifies com.apple.CommCenter.plist to load that library somehow. To make a script that automatically does that on first run would still require a restart. The only way is to modify the plist in the firmware. Meaning, PwnageTool would have to be modified. It is too complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    quick question...i have tmo postpaid, and i'm using the bundle with the "epc" address for edge, i've noticed tho with my bb plan i have for this phone the "wap" edge addy is faster...in the bundles tho, the only one that uses the "wap" data address is the Prepaid bundle...can i use that bundle instead even tho i'm not prepaid? and if so do i just reset the network settings, unistall the current bundle in cydia and dwnld the new one?
    There is a tzones bundle, which uses wap attached by me--for testing--a couple of posts back. It is somewhere around post ~350. It's IPCC, not Cydia, which won't be updated with new packages until visual voice mail is released.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-18-2009 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

<dict>
    <key>BeaconAddress</key>
    <string></string>
    <false/>
    <true/>
    <true/>
    <integer>30</integer>
    <key>MaxPINLength</key>
    <integer>7</integer>
    <key>MinPINLength</key>
    <integer>4</integer>
    <key>UsesMWI</key>
    <false/>
    <key>UsesSSL</key>
    <false/>
    </dict>
    <integer>0</integer>

WOW, so were in the carrier.plist do I add this after?

Thanks

WOW, so were in the carrier.plist do I add this after?
    It's incomplete. Don't bother with it. Updated bundles will be released when ready.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's incomplete. Don't bother with it. Updated bundles will be released when ready.
    Will do spooky! Still wanted to bug t mobile for the settings on Monday? I always use my "I've been a customer for 7 years now surely you can help me out" gets em almost everytime...

Thanks

Will do spooky! Still wanted to bug t mobile for the settings on Monday? I always use my "I've been a customer for 7 years now surely you can help me out" gets em almost everytime...
    Please bug them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, ok... Lets be clear...

3 Stores... 5 phone rep's... Your not going to get them... we are a little off in our times... The VVM wont go live till Aug 1-3 some place.. I tried getting settings for it. I tried the route of a DEV.. since it's open source... And they all have been instructed not to give them out AT ALL!... And it looks like the launch of the MyTouch is being pushed... according to what I though I knew, and what I keep getting told. I am very sorry to tell you, but good luck... I will keep trying... at some point I hope to get a rep that will give me the low down.. But until then... We are going to have to nag.

Spooky, I spent two hours in the store the other day, and no luck..

sorry for the news...
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    Yeah, ok... Lets be clear...

3 Stores... 5 phone rep's... Your not going to get them... we are a little off in our times... The VVM wont go live till Aug 1-3 some place.. I tried getting settings for it. I tried the route of a DEV.. since it's open source... And they all have been instructed not to give them out AT ALL!... And it looks like the launch of the MyTouch is being pushed... according to what I though I knew, and what I keep getting told. I am very sorry to tell you, but good luck... I will keep trying... at some point I hope to get a rep that will give me the low down.. But until then... We are going to have to nag.

Spooky, I spent two hours in the store the other day, and no luck..

sorry for the news...
    Is the mytouch out yet?
    if it is, if i "try" it out for 7 days from tmobile, do you think i'd be able to extract the settings?

Thanks

I have an officially activated iPhone through Apple. It is unlocked with ultrasn0w 0.9, with the T-Mobile US - Prepaid bundle installed. As long as I have an AT&T SIM, which is deactivated ('No Service' is displayed), push notifications work. I take the SIM out, push notifications still work. I insert a T-Mobile SIM; push notifications stop working.

Whenever, I have my bundle installed or not installed, but have wap.voicestream.com in the Cellular Data Network menu, push stops working. I have to uninstall the bundle and reset network settings to get it back.

Obviously, I do not have a data plan. But, this affects Push Notifications on WiFi.

Does anyone else have problems with push notifications?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-19-2009 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks

I have an officially activated iPhone through Apple. It is unlocked with ultrasn0w 0.9, with the T-Mobile US - Prepaid bundle installed. As long as I have an AT&T SIM, which is deactivated ('No Service' is displayed), push notifications work. I take the SIM out, push notifications still work. I insert a T-Mobile SIM; push notifications stop working.

Whenever, I have my bundle installed or not installed, but have wap.voicestream.com in the Cellular Data Network menu, push stops working. I have to uninstall the bundle and reset network settings to get it back.

Obviously, I do not have a data plan. But, this affects Push Notifications on WiFi.

Does anyone else have problems with push notifications?
    I have an officially unlocked iPhone 3GS, officially activated, and I have similar issues on 3.0. I get push all day long, but when I am on wifi only, (airplane mode) it will work briefly and stop after the phone goes into standby. When I unlock it and connect to WIFI again, it no longer works. I don't get push again until I connect back to the network. I will try on 3.1b2 when I feel like upgrading/downgrading again...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey SpookyET or anybody that has skillz,

I am trying to remove the pop up screen that appears after I have lost my cell network saying something like "you have lost your connect" then it gives me the option to "dismiss" or go to "settings". It becomes really annoying because at work I drop coverage all day and I constantly have to keep pushing "dismiss" on my phone when I pull it back out of my pocket.

Is this because of your .ipcc (which I think it is).

I have been looking through the carrier .plist but I cannot find and setting to remove this annoying popup.

Thanks again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dlplattner View Post

I am trying to remove the pop up screen that appears after I have lost my cell network saying something like "you have lost your connect" then it gives me the option to "dismiss" or go to "settings". It becomes really annoying because at work I drop coverage all day and I constantly have to keep pushing "dismiss" on my phone when I pull it back out of my pocket.

I have been looking through the carrier .plist but I cannot find and setting to remove this annoying popup.

Thanks again
    It's not of my fault. Maybe, SBSettings can help you. The IPCC has no control over pop-ups.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

dlplattner (07-19-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

okay great...

I will look into it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dlplattner View Post

Thanks again
    Go to Settings -> Carrier and wait for automatic to show up. Select that. It won't pop up anymore after that!
    Last edited by wdelisi; 07-19-2009 at 01:48 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay thanks!

That makes sense! I messed with the settings in there once. I will give it a try tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks again.