Page 22 of 103 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 72 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

You know what we can also receive MMS Video though Text Message also? I didn't know that, I only thought pictures was supported, but until my boss received a MMS video text from her son on her iPhone 2g 3.0 MMS hacked, I was surprised to see it working. So I forward her video text to my iPhone and it also worked. So then I forward it again to my friend iPhone who was on AT&T and it works also.

Didn't know if you guys knew about it or not, but I sure did not know that VIDEO MMS was supported.

BTW, My boss and I are on T-Mobile with T-zone 5.99

So now the question is, is there any way we can create our own VIDEO MMS and send it to others? I know I can receive and forward VIDEO MMS.

Yes, I enabled Video MMS. I don't think you can without a 3gs.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyngo View Post
    You know what we can also receive MMS Video though Text Message also? I didn't know that, I only thought pictures was supported, but until my boss received a MMS video text from her son on her iPhone 2g 3.0 MMS hacked, I was surprised to see it working. So I forward her video text to my iPhone and it also worked. So then I forward it again to my friend iPhone who was on AT&T and it works also.

Didn't know if you guys knew about it or not, but I sure did not know that VIDEO MMS was supported.

BTW, My boss and I are on T-Mobile with T-zone 5.99

So now the question is, is there any way we can create our own VIDEO MMS and send it to others? I know I can receive and forward VIDEO MMS.
    To me.. this is the next step... but it's not the next step for carrier bundle, it's the next step for apps like irealsms or the native mms. If we could activate the mms to perform the mms on the 3gs and send video mms, that'd be a great thing IMHO. So petition irealsms to get it working, or lets make noise about how much we want this and want it to be Native. I'm horrible with code, but I've been learning alot just from reading here.

I'd like to see this happen.
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.

I am assuming that T-Mobile's visual voice mail is compatible. It may or may not be.

I believe that I have found the SMS gateway number for Visual Voicemail, which is the BeaconServiceCenter in the iphone settings. The next problem is finding the BeaconServiceCode, SMS short code or full number where the iPhone would send commands or pings. These are BeaconAddress. for the visual voicemail systems in other countries. Some do repeat. Obviously, the full numbers should be ignored. You're not gonna call the Honk Kong carrier's number on T-Mobile's gateway. But, the short codes that repeat are interesting. I would need volunteers who are capable of editing the carrier.plist to try a few. 2263, 9011 seem to repeat. Once I get a list of volunteers with the numbers they want to try, I'll release IPCCS for you to edit and try different numbers. Obviously, there are many permutations, but I do wonder if a carrier would reserve a range 2000-3000 for themselves.

+18292025562
    +18763044017
    +8526335500030330
    +8536335500030330

United States Common Short Code Administration Directory --> I need help combing through it.

Also, what is the maximum number of seconds for a greeting on T-Mobile?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-15-2009 at 10:00 PM.

today is the day I'll b tryin tmobile. nobody wants to tell me how to enable the menu?lol that's ok I think I have a good idea how. I was lookin over the sidekick prepaid .plist very clean excellent work spooky. if all goes well I will b making a donation. so quick question about tmobile data. I c u need data roaming on. does this mean that when there data is not available but say att is will I get a data connection? I know it's probably a dumb question but sometimes the simple things r what give me trouble. lol. spooky needs beer money let's give him a h ell of a night cheers

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone else lose there internet this am? I have the cam icon in my MSG.. but I lost the big E... I restarted, reset the network settings.. a bunch.. no cigar.. anyone else?
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Default Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have a 3g officially unlocked iphone 3.0 firmware and is jailbroken. Loyalty unlimited plan with unlimited messaging and Tzones.

Do I just download the IPCC file or the CYDIA T mobile BUNDLE or BOTH???

Which Bundle should I use?

THanks again for your help.
    Last edited by 141park; 07-16-2009 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 141park View Post
    I have a 3g officially unlocked iphone 3.0 firmware and is jailbroken. Loyalty unlimited plan with unlimited messaging and Tzones.

Do I just download the IPCC file or the CYDIA T mobile BUNDLE or BOTH???

Which Bundle should I use?

THanks again for your help.
    Read first post. If you're jailbroken, install from Cydia. If not, install the IPCC via iTunes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

141park (07-16-2009)

Default Thanks for your help....
    I have read through everything, and I installed and used 2 bundles from Cydia. I tried both these bundles:

1. PostPaid
    2. PostPaid Legacy

Neither one gives me anything. I have even reset the network settings....All I get when I install a BUNDLE is everything in Cellular Data and MMS is BLANK... I get no other options under Cellular DATA SETTINGS.

Phone is 3g officially unlocked 3.0 and is jailbroken.

Loyalty Plan with unlimited messaging and $5.99 Tzones.

Any other help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again
    Last edited by 141park; 07-16-2009 at 10:57 AM.

141park:

First, I don't mean to sound rude, but go back and read this entire thread again. Carefully. I have spent many many hours researching tethering via google through forums and youtube and Craigslist and this thread is probably the best for us T-Mobile users. So...

Did you try this one (link below) on page 22, post 325 of this thread? It worked for me when nothing else would. Er, it enabled tethering, I don't have MMS/SMS so I can't verify those features.

Since it's not through Cydia (or maybe it is) you have to install via iTunes and the option-checkforupdate method. The bundle is called flexpaid, however I have postpaid, a regular monthly billing, but I've been on T-Mobile for 10 years, my sim is only a few years old, my plan--1000 N/W free, is only a year or two old. Yeesh, there are so many variables!

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...ml#post4751051
    Last edited by geminiboi; 07-16-2009 at 11:20 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Take out any other packs you have installed when you say unlocked, by a exploit, or by Apple..?

I did it both ways... through cydia, and then through ITunes just to be sure... But any ways, depending on how many things you have installed, or settings going on, like supream preff's it may not like you..

Un-install all packs other then the basic stuff you need... then do this.. turn off all extras.. if not, re-jailbrake, and such...then do it again before you install anything else... except the upgrades cydia needs..

ANyone else see the E for EDGE come and go today?

What do you need for help spooky... what can i do.. Ive tried to get settings... no luck.. I need to obtain my buddies G1... I am about ready to use my T-MO upgrade for the G1...just for this...lol or a mytouch
    Last edited by 97vrsix; 07-16-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    Take out any other packs you have installed when you say unlocked, by a exploit, or by Apple..?

I did it both ways... through cydia, and then through ITunes just to be sure... But any ways, depending on how many things you have installed, or settings going on, like supream preff's it may not like you..

Un-install all packs other then the basic stuff you need... then do this.. turn off all extras.. if not, re-jailbrake, and such...then do it again before you install anything else... except the upgrades cydia needs..

ANyone else see the E for EDGE come and go today?

What do you need for help spooky... what can i do.. Ive tried to get settings... no luck.. I need to obtain my buddies G1... I am about ready to use my T-MO upgrade for the G1...just for this...lol or a mytouch
    myTouch is guaranteed to have VVM. I don't know if the AppPackTM will work on G1.
    I told you what I need for VVM in the previous posts.

Just got off the phone with T-Mobile. They don't currently have information in their systems regarding VVM. They are expecting to get more information in the system at some point tomorrow, and VVM is expected to be released towards the end of the month. The G1 will support VVM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_d View Post
    Just got off the phone with T-Mobile. They don't currently have information in their systems regarding VVM. They are expecting to get more information in the system at some point tomorrow, and VVM is expected to be released towards the end of the month. The G1 will support VVM.
    I've tried their sms gateway with the short code 123 (classic voicemail) with both plain and digest-md5 authentication methods. It didn't work. I'm also on prepaid, and I don't have a data plan. Though, I have access to the t-mobile website and many other t-mobile address on EDGE. Who knows. If you want it now, help me by testing. We may be able to detect the settings by trial and error. There are too many variables for one person to test himself. But, I need people who can make carrier bundles themselves. People who know their way around the command line and can get edit a plist file.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    I've tried their sms gateway with the short code 123 (classic voicemail) with both plain and digest-md5 authentication methods. It didn't work. I'm also on prepaid, and I don't have a data plan. Though, I have access to the t-mobile website and many other t-mobile address on EDGE. Who knows. If you want it now, help me by testing. We may be able to detect the settings by trial and error. There are too many variables for one person to test himself. But, I need people who can make carrier bundles themselves. People who know their way around the command line and can get edit a plist file.
    My brother has a G1 - how could I find the settings for VVM on his G1 when it's released? I'm not in any hurry to get it, but I'd be glad to work with T-Mobile and the G1 to try to get the settings. I'm not too confident creating my own carrier bundles, so I'd rather not risk screwing something up. But I'll play around with the G1 and T-Mobile to get more information, if that helps.

WOW. the bundles on Cydia are super delicate.

I wanted something different for a tone on my SMS so i download the "duke Nukuem" ringtone and whatever. I tried sending a picture and it wouldnt. At first i thought it was my network, so i d/l a different bundle and nothing. reset the network. and still nothing. until i figured that ringtone was the reason for the MMS problem. Took it off installed TMO Legacy bundle pack and its up and running.

In the end dont d/l any extras if you want MMS lol

I presume that all of you have Cydia installed. Would those of you who do not have a million packages installed bother to switch cydia to show all packages (not just gui packages), but all of them. Switch to no filtering. Then please paste them in a reply here. I want a list of the default packages. It crashes like hell on my phone, and I think one's missing.

Thank you.

I'm in I have a postpaid plan with a data plan and everything works great, tethering, mms, I even got push notifications to work, even though I had to use my grandmothers At&t sim card (no I'm not a teeny bopper), anywho I be more than happy to volunteer especially since I'm off this weekend. Let me know what I have to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Jose4023 View Post
    I'm in I have a postpaid plan with a data plan and everything works great, tethering, mms, I even got push notifications to work, even though I had to use my grandmothers At&t sim card (no I'm not a teeny bopper), anywho I be more than happy to volunteer especially since I'm off this weekend. Let me know what I have to do!
    Call T-Mobile. Ask them for visual voice mail settings. Try a few reps. Someone must know something.

Call T-Mobile. Ask them for visual voice mail settings. Try a few reps. Someone must know something.
    Spoke to a level 3 he said they have implemented the visual voicemail and g1 users should be able to use it with apppack from their android store, he was unfortunately unable to find the apn for the voicemail at this time. He told me that they will be able to give me more info on the 20th which is when he said it will be available through there"Streamline" website which is their "Bible" according to him. He did note it in my profile that way when I call back on Monday they will be able to give me the apn right away. Also I wanted to ask what must I put in the carriers.plist in order to have the visual voicemail show up in cellular data menu? Or could you make a carrier ipcc to use with internet2 that would allow me to edit the visual voicemail? Any help on that would be awesome thanks!

Page 22 of 103 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 72 ... LastLast