+ Reply
Page 21 of 103 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 71 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
is it possible to fool tmobile with a fake imei #? cause i think that's the only way to fix this web2go problem (getting redirected to a page saying to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is it possible to fool tmobile with a fake imei #? cause i think that's the only way to fix this web2go problem (getting redirected to a page saying to give us more money for the same speed your getting with a 5.99 and 9.99 plan. lol). unless there is a fix for this already? i just got my iphone 3g with 3.0 for 2 weeks now and a couple days ago web2go stopped working tell me to upgrade my plan.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think so... That would make you under a different area all together.. That defines who you are as a person... Your IMEi is who you are... not what your phone can take for settings.. I'm sorry.. I would go through re re-do all your settings... Try to re-jail brake, use different settings, and such... Again... I dont know how far you have gone.. but... it's worth some more tooling to get it right..
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    It tell's the company how to hand the picture, according to what your phone can handel.. If no phone, it will default to the smallest, or most basic settings it can!! Good question.

I called... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA They did not like my questions... or answers. I tried twice... I think i got two people who don't have any clue on what is red, and blue... Oh well, I'll try in the morning...

Oh, it has to be, or should be a phone that the company can use..Or settings that match an IPhone.. to one your company uses...

From people that send me E-mail... I see a lot of people misspelling, and using wrong file's for what service they have...If one does not work, try the next... Just take your time doing so... Don;t do it when you only have ten seconds to do so.. Give your self some error time.. and learning time... This way you can get a better grasp of what you are doing.. Knowledge is power..

Sometimes you may get a detail wrong... here or their... But... it's better then not knowing at all, or turning a blind eye.

Thanks again...

DONATE TO THE CAUSE..

Oh... Spooky... The badges... What I wanted to do was take the normal T-Mobile one, with the dot's and purple...and just swap the T for a D, and have it D-Mobile... Do you have the stock file .PNG ?? Thank you..
    iPhone Custom T-Mobile Carrier Logo.zip - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

I would not change my IMEI. You can brick your phone. IMEI is unique to your phone like a VIN number on a your car. Google if you really want to do it.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-13-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    I don't think so... That would make you under a different area all together.. That defines who you are as a person... Your IMEi is who you are... not what your phone can take for settings.. I'm sorry.. I would go through re re-do all your settings... Try to re-jail brake, use different settings, and such... Again... I dont know how far you have gone.. but... it's worth some more tooling to get it right..
    ive tried all of the apn, carrier bundles, restored to 3.0 and jail braked it(kind of tried downgrading to 2.2.1 but i get an error 20), tried calling tmobile and play dumb that my web2go stopped working on my phone (t339, i didn't mention what phone i have) and keeps telling me to upgrade and then they said "...looks like you have an apple iphone." i was like huh? i do?! (lol) and tried to get them to reset my imei # and they said they would reset it and still didnt work. i even tried using a different sim card, same conclusion.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    I would not change my IMEI. You can brick your phone. IMEI is unique to your phone like a VIN number on a your car. Google if you really want to do it.
    i tried google (lol). so is the only solution the $24.99 a month plan?

Thanks

T-Mobile use IMEI to detect iPhone and try to make you pay more for the data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by aPhone View Post
    i tried google (lol). so is the only solution the $24.99 a month plan?
    Call and complain.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-13-2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3GS 3.0 firmware T-mobile
    Hi Spookyet i have been reading all the post and installed the postpay legacy bundle, mms works but i dont have callular data obtion anymore and i cant see anything about visual voice mail or tethering anywere on my phone.. im lost here please help. ohh i have the unlimited web package and family loyalty unlimited & unlimited messages.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sand7115 View Post
    Hi Spookyet i have been reading all the post and installed the postpay legacy bundle, mms works but i dont have callular data obtion anymore and i cant see anything about visual voice mail or tethering anywere on my phone.. im lost here please help. ohh i have the unlimited web package and family loyalty unlimited & unlimited messages.
    Sand... it's apparent that you either haven't or don't care to read the entire thread.. so I'll sum this up for you.. next time please read the entire thread before asking questions. It saves time and doens't annoy the locals.

1. Cellular data option in Settings is hidden by this carrier package so people don't mess with it, and then complain later that it's the Spooky's fault or something retarded.

2. Visual Voice Mail and tethering are enabled. At present it can't be done with this carrier bundle. That's why you don't see it. It's just not there.

I'd suggest following this thread and reading it start to finish to really get a handle on what/how/why this works.
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to phreakwenci For This Useful Post:

sand7115 (07-14-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been following this thread, and I just re-jailbroke my iPhone 2G... Is there option for tethering on 2G? Just curious because I don't see it.

I see everything else though (MMS... Visual VM...)

Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Try this: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

If that does not work, try the attached file. EVERYONE ELSE, IGNORE IT!!!
    iPhone 3G 3.0
    T-Mobile USA: Old grandfathered 1000 + N/W free for $39.99 (BTW, they're offering that again, just saw a TV ad)
    T-Zones $5.99 just added last month (yes, you can get it if you're persistent)
    MMS/SMS: none

Attached file from page 22, post 325 in this thread, worked for me when nothing else did. Thanks! Been trying for days. BenM method totally broke my Edge connection.
    Here's what I'm referring to: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...ml#post4751051

Other experiments with that ipcc file:
    2G FW 3.0: did not work
    3G FW 3.0 Edge tethering fine, turned Edge off to try wifi tethering: no go
    Last edited by geminiboi; 07-14-2009 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geminiboi View Post
    iPhone 3G 3.0
    T-Mobile USA: Old grandfathered 1000 + N/W free for $39.99 (BTW, they're offering that again, just saw a TV ad)
    MMS/SMS: none

Attached file from page 22, post 325 in this thread, worked for me when nothing else did. Thanks! Been trying for days. BenM method totally broke my Edge connection.
    Here's what I'm referring to: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...ml#post4751051

Other experiments with that ipcc file:
    2G FW 3.0: did not work
    3G FW 3.0 Edge tethering fine, turned Edge off to try wifi tethering: no go
    Thanks for the confirmation, and thank you for the donation.

Not sure about 2G.
    You cannot tether WiFi, only cellular connections.
    MMS/SMS will work, but it will be expensive for you.
    I will add the t-zones ipcc to the zip in first post and make a Cydia/Icy package when T-Mobile releases Visual Voice Mail.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Downloads of v1.0.5: 1,112. (Cydia not counted)
    Donations: $21.98
    Ratio of $ to downloads: $0.0197/download
    People donated: 4
    Ratio of people donated to downloads: 0.00359/download

I called 611 too. She didn't know anything about visual voicemail.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-14-2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i got eveything to work but safari. i need help 2g 3.0 jailbroke and unlock.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geminiboi View Post
    I was shown by a T-Mobile rep today on their screen...it is NOT available...the option for them to select it is now grayed out. I got stuck having to do the $24.99 data plan...

They did, however set up my MMS for me And sent me this:

It was truly a pleasure speaking with you earlier, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to assist you with your T-Mobile service. As promised, here are the steps for setting up your iPhone for T-Mobile’s Internet service. The steps have been arranged to require the least amount of backtracking by you. We really appreciate that you’ve chosen to use your iPhone on T-Mobile’s network, and want to be certain you’re taking full advantage of the features available to you as a T-Mobile customer.

1. From the Main Menu, tap Settings.
    2. Verify that WiFi is set to Off or Disabled -- this will ensure that no WiFi signals are interfering with your Internet access. To take advantage of local WiFi at a later time, feel free to go back and turn this setting On; just make sure to turn it Off again when you are done using the WiFi network.
    3. Tap General Settings, then tap Network.
    4. Turn Data Roaming On -- this will allow your iPhone to locate T-Mobile’s data network.
    5. If you see a setting for 3G, turn it Off -- the iPhone cannot connect to T-Mobile’s 3G network on the WCDMA 1700 band, and this setting will interfere with its attempt to connect to our EDGE network for service.
    6. Tap Cellular Data Network (this setting may be labeled EDGE instead).
    7. In the APN field, enter internet2.voicestream.com -- this tells T-Mobile which version of our Internet network you want to connect to.
    8. Leave the Username and Password fields blank -- T-Mobile will assign this information based on your SIM card.
    9. Return to the Main Menu and open Safari to browse the Internet.

You may also want to add the internet2.voicestream.com APN to your Contacts list on your phone, as it may occasionally disappear and need to be reentered into your phone. Keeping this information in your Contacts ensures that you have access to it whenever you are in possession of your iPhone, and can always use it to double-check your settings. Please remember that it generally takes anywhere from 2 to 48 hours for Internet service to activate on your account. If you have recently added T-Mobile Internet service to your account but you do not have Internet service within two days, please feel free to call us back so we can troubleshoot the issue for you.

You should also know that the T-Mobile Data plan associated with your iPhone includes free unlimited T-Mobile HotSpots access, which you can use at any T-Mobile HotSpots location. In order to take advantage of this service, you must be at a T-Mobile HotSpots location (which you can find here) and have WiFi turned on. When you connect to the HotSpot, it will request a Username (which is your 10-digit T-Mobile phone number) and Password (which is set by default to the last 4 digits of the account holder’s Social Security Number).

If you have downloaded the proper iPhone firmware updates, then you should have access to Picture Messaging on your iPhone. In order to configure Picture Messaging, you may use the following settings.

1. From the Main Menu, tap Settings.
    2. Tap General Settings, then tap Network.
    3. Tap Cellular Data Network (this setting may be labeled EDGE instead).
    4. Scroll down to the section marked MMS. If you do not see this section listed, then the option to activate Picture Messaging on your phone is not currently available.
    5. In the APN field, enter wap.voicestream.com -- please note that this is not the APN used for full Internet access, and should only be used as the MMS APN.
    6. Leave the Username and Password fields blank -- T-Mobile will assign this information based on your SIM card.
    7. In the MMSC field, enter http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    8. In the MMS Proxy field, enter 216.155.165.50:8080
    9. Leave the MMS Max Message Size and MMS UA Prof URL fields set to their default options.

There are other Picture Messaging applications available for the iPhone, and while T-Mobile does not endorse any of them specifically, these settings should function in any similarly-themed Picture Messaging program. Please remember that downloading third-party applications to your iPhone should always be done carefully, and from trusted sites.

In order to set up your T-Mobile email account on your iPhone (or any other email account), you will first need to set up an email account (go to Unsupported Browser to set up a T-Mobile email account) and the follow the settings below.

1. Tap Settings, then tap Mail, then tap Accounts.
    2. Tap Add Account, and when prompted for the account type, tap Other. Note that the iPhone will present options for common email account types; if you want to set up one of these accounts, use those settings instead.
    3. Tap POP if asked what type of email account you wish to set up. This is the most common type of email account, but if your settings suggest you use IMAP or another type of server, follow those instructions instead.
    4. In the Name, field, enter your name.
    5. In the Address field, enter your email address.
    6. In the Description field, enter a nickname for the account, such as T-Mobile or My Email.
    7. Scroll to Incoming Mail Server.
    8. In the Host Name field, enter the email server. For T-Mobile email, this is myemail.t-mobile.com
    9. In the User Name field, enter the email server username. For T-Mobile email, this is the User ID provided at your My T-Mobile page.
    10. In the Password field, enter the password on your email account.
    11. Scroll to Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP).
    12. In the Host Name field, enter the outgoing mail server name. For T-Mobile email, this is myemail.t-mobile.com
    13. If required, in the User Name field, enter the outgoing mail server username.
    14. If required, in the Password field, enter the outgoing mail server password.
    15. Tap Save.

In some cases, the above settings for Internet, MMS, and email cannot be accessed because your iPhone is either still locked or has become relocked. This generally happens because the jail breaking software on the phone has failed, a downloaded application has interfered with the unlock settings, or most likely because the iPhone downloaded an automatic update while plugged in to iTunes. To prevent an automatic update from locking your phone, you may want to do the following. Please ensure that while adjusting these settings you leave your iPhone disconnected from your PC.

1. On your computer, open iTunes.
    2. Click on Edit and select Preferences.
    3. Select the General tab.
    4. Uncheck the option to Check for iTunes updates automatically and click OK.

If you need any further help with your iPhone and its settings, please feel free to call T-Mobile Tech Support at (800) 937-8997, or by dialing 611 from your T-Mobile handset. It is highly recommended that you call us from a handset other than your iPhone, as it is difficult to troubleshoot a device while it is making an active call. Once connected with a T-Mobile agent, ask for Tier 3 Data Support, as we handle all data issues for your iPhone and will be best able to assist you. Also, feel free to look online at Unsupported Browser for additional help options and information, as we are always updating our site and providing new options for our customers. Of particular interest for iPhone users is T-Mobile Forums - T-Mobile Forums, where you can communicate with other T-Mobile customers using the iPhone on T-Mobile’s network and learn more about how this fantastic device functions with your service. You can also find help at Apple - Support and Apple - iPhone - Learn how to use all the features of iPhone. for most technical issues, but be careful when calling Apple directly for assistance, as their automatic settings may lock your iPhone and require you to unlock it again for use on T-Mobile’s network. Also, remember that while additional assistance and information can be located on other iPhone enthusiast web sites and communities, you should always be careful as to whose advice you follow so that you don’t inadvertently damage or corrupt your iPhone. Always be sure to follow advice taken from trusted sources to minimize the risk to your phone and ensure that you continue enjoying your iPhone experience.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Tethering on 2G
    I can verify that the Tethering menu item will not appear on 2G phones.

I have tested this for many, many, many hours after many reloads of the firmware, jail-breaking, unlocking, reseting, removing nearly all applications from Cydia, etc.

Extensive googling was unable to find any confirmation that anyone has been successful at enabling Tethering on the 2G phone.

If ANYONE here have gotten Tethering on 2G at all, please post your configuration.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not really a problem, but just out of curiosity, after restoring my iPhone, I can't seem to change my carrier logo thru SSH like I was able to before.

I had your settings before and was able to, is there something I am missing?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by way2fst4u View Post
    I was shown by a T-Mobile rep today on their screen...it is NOT available...the option for them to select it is now grayed out. I got stuck having to do the $24.99 data plan...

They did, however set up my MMS for me And sent me this:

Here is a pic of my bill showing T-Zones beginning on 6-27-09. Either they've implemented a command gray-out in just the last 2.5 weeks or it varies form customer rep to customer rep. My theory: long time customer reps are either granted or retain the ability to provide legacy pricing plans. Noobie customer reps are held on a short leash. My advice, if you're really frugal like me, keep trying until you get a customer rep who can set it up for you.

Last edited by geminiboi; 07-15-2009 at 08:36 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Gray-out started Jul 1, 2009.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question for Spooky:

What is that search feature you use in the screencast? At 04 seconds, up pops a blue rectangular box with google on the left, as you type safari in it, the word google changes to a Safari icon and then a menu pops down....

I mostly use Tiger, but I also have Leopard 10.5.7, I have never seen that. Sorry for being off topic.

way2fst4u wrote:
    Gray-out started Jul 1, 2009.
    I can't believe I got that lucky. Even before July, customer reps were saying it was no longer available. I really don't believe customer reps.
    Last edited by geminiboi; 07-15-2009 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Google Quick Search Box.

It does more than search files.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok I know this isn't supported so anyone who wants to answer. if I add <key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    **<true/>
    **<key>AllowMMSCEditing</key>
    **<true/>
    **<key>AllowMMSEditing</key>
    **<true/>
    this will enable what I want yes? I hope I haven't hit a sore spot spookyet. great work I can't wait to try. I'm still stuck with AT&T but in process of making the switch.