Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by ikmc915 View Post
    Hey thanks again for the update, everything work great with my T-Mobile Prepaid.

Since I'm on prepaid the tethering works but I only get access to basic T-Zones stuff, but its still awesome.

Sometimes, it leaks. I was able to access google and google cached pages.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

robertguero (07-24-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Sometimes, it leaks. I was able to access google and google cached pages.
    Ya I think that happened to me a time or two. To bad there is no way to sneak through all the time. O well there is wifi every ware now-a-days.

I just want people to reply on MMS send and receive quality, preferably with other iPhones. If a crap phone sends you a MMS, you'll get a crap image. If you send an image to a crap phone, they'll get a crap image. The crap phone will always downsize.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

robertguero (07-24-2009)

It's not a network profile. It cannot be removed from there.

I do not own a 2G, nor do I have a 2G. So, I cannot help. Tell me about the picture quality. What is the resolution of the image. You said it looks like crap.
    Although...this should still theoretically work on a 2G phone shouldn't it?

It's designed to work for iPhoneOS 3.0. Theoretically, yes it should work. But, I do not know.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

robertguero (07-24-2009)

I just want people to reply on MMS send and receive quality, preferably with other iPhones. If a crap phone sends you a MMS, you'll get a crap image. If you send an image to a crap phone, they'll get a crap image. The crap phone will always downsize.
    LMAO well said.

I've never changed my settings for taking pictures with the iPhone so whatever the defaults are I suppose.

When I take a picture with my iPhone 2G and send it to my wife's 2G, the quality is degraded quite a bit. The pic on my camera roll is crisp and clear but blurry and sometimes almost undistinguishable on the receiving end.

Some are speculating that it is a T-Mobile issue (for those of us on T-Mo at least) where they do not recognize the iPhone so automatically compress the image to its smallest setting of like 160x something...... that theory does make sense.

What I'm wondering is how we can convince the native mms app send out a spoofed config (like swirly mms did) so that the carrier recognizes it as a supported device and doesnt compress it.

ugh rambling again. My apologies if thats a jumbled mess.

Can anyone confirm crap picture quality on the iPhone 3G.

T-Mobile are suppose to use the configuration URL that I have provided. If they don't use that, what are they using? MMS UA Prof http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

robertguero (07-24-2009)

Can anyone confirm crap picture quality on the iPhone 3G.

T-Mobile are suppose to use the configuration URL that I have provided. If they don't use that, what are they using? MMS UA Prof http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    I tried that setting last night and noticed no increase in quality sending from iPhone to iPhone (mine to my wife's and vice versa).

At the moment I have nothing in that setting and get the same image quality as with the setting you have above.

Dumb question...where do the "Payload" files go? I don't see that part in the instructions.

The payload goes into IPCC file. I provided it so others who are too lazy to unzip the IPCC can look in and spot bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by smassie View Post
    I tried that setting last night and noticed no increase in quality sending from iPhone to iPhone (mine to my wife's and vice versa).

At the moment I have nothing in that setting and get the same image quality as with the setting you have above.
    As you know, the iPhone Firmware does not officially support MMS on 2G. There is an MMS hack in cydia. See if that works for you.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 06-30-2009 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

robertguero (07-24-2009)

Fix for image quality on incoming MMS is in the MMS resolution thread... I've messaged the OP of this thread about updating his Carrier Bundle.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...ml#post4652801

The payload goes into IPCC file. I provided it so others who are too lazy to unzip the IPCC can look in and spot bugs.
    I finally got it updated, rebooted and no change at all. No carrier logo, no MMS...I used the one you posted for internet2.voicestream.com

Do you have any hacks installed? You should not have to reboot. It should appear immediately.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

robertguero (07-24-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by ironicirony View Post
    Fix for image quality on incoming MMS is in the MMS resolution thread... I've messaged the OP of this thread about updating his Carrier Bundle.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...ml#post4652801
    Ya I tried this .ippc from that thread and it was a no-go on my 3G T-Mobile Prepaid, looking forward to and update incorporating both these settings.

Do you have any hacks installed? You should not have to reboot. It should appear immediately.
    No hacks only winterboard and Cydia apps

Quote Originally Posted by ikmc915 View Post
    Ya I tried this .ippc from that thread and it was a no-go on my 3G T-Mobile Prepaid, looking forward to and update incorporating both these settings.
    MMS should be fixed now. Original post updated.

YOU ALL AWE ME KEGS OF BEER!
    Last edited by SpookyET; 06-30-2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

ikmc915 (06-30-2009), robertguero (07-24-2009)

We're CLOSER! MMS sends, but not receive. Also, no T-Mobile logo...

Quote Originally Posted by way2fst4u View Post
    We're CLOSER! MMS sends, but not receive. Also, no T-Mobile logo...
    I don't know what you did to your phone. But, I have a logo and I can send and receive MMS on prepaid. Others can send and receive MMS on postpaid.

Consider a restore. I know of others who had logo problems. They messed with their carrier bundles either manually or through cydia or scripts.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

robertguero (07-24-2009)

MMS should be fixed now. Original post updated.

YOU ALL AWE ME KEGS OF BEER!
    You are the SH*# Man, I would bring 2 Kegs to you house if I could. I can send and receive MMS in full resolution, even when I receive them from my wife's Voyager. T-Mobile US Prepaid with iPhone 3G!!!! Yaaaaay

Would anyone care for T-Mobile logos instead of the T-Mobile word? I find them ugly as hell. But, whatever floats your boat. I don't have the iPhone SDK. So, I don't know the consequences of of not having them in the non-standard png format. Probably, slower loading, but they are so small, you can't see the difference. They may use more memory. I aim to stay official--make my iPhone--look as least jailbroken as possible for the trips to the Apple Store. I would never use them on my own phone.

It would look like this.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 06-30-2009 at 09:49 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

robertguero (07-24-2009)

Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 ... LastLast