+ Reply
Page 15 of 103 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 25 65 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
after no success with every single package in cydia, I decided to edit one of the carrier.plist's Instead of having the "mms.eng...." whatever address as the mmsc, I changed it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

after no success with every single package in cydia, I decided to edit one of the carrier.plist's

Instead of having the "mms.eng...." whatever address as the mmsc, I changed it to the old one - 216.155 or whatever/servlets/mms address

Then, I changed all the apns I found (2 of them) to wap.voicestream.com.

Put the plist back into the postpaid/flex ipcc and loaded it into itunes. Worked like a charm.

This worked for my iphone 2g with the 5.99 tzones. hope this helps you folks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay,

I don't know if I am just being retarded or what. I have tried legacy and non legacy cydia bundles with no luck. I have uninstalled all previous hacks and restarted after every un-reinstall.

iPhone version: 3g
    iPhone Firmware version: 3.0
    T-Mobile USA voice plan: name family talk 1000
    T-Mobile USA data plan name: none
    T-Mobile IPCC file name you used: legacy and non legacy

I try sending a mms and it stops at about 90%, message send failure is shown in text screen. I have read this entire post and found nothing new to help.

What am I doing wrong?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What is prepaid postpaid flexpaid?

This thread is linked from the mms thread here, but the author doesn't seem to give a crap about hi-qual mms

I'm confused.

Can someone help?

I got a unlimited calling plan with data. What is that? Pre? Post? Flex?

Some general instructions would be nice.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    "Cellular Data Network" is only shown when the carrier is unknown. T-Mobile just became known.
    Oh.. ok thanks...

i was freaking out so much that i looked everywhere for a fix, i ended up seeing one on Edit::blkcadi:: link removed, , read the rules please!, it gave me good picture quality, and opened up my "cellular data network" again... and because im a freak i want access to everything on my iphone... yay! but thanks for the info!

*i dont know if im allowed to talk about other websites, so i didnt want to say much more of this... hopefully im not breaking any rules...

No sir, not allowed, we do not support warez, names of or links to those sites.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 07-05-2009 at 01:25 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BloodPhart View Post
    Okay,

I don't know if I am just being retarded or what. I have tried legacy and non legacy cydia bundles with no luck. I have uninstalled all previous hacks and restarted after every un-reinstall.

iPhone version: 3g
    iPhone Firmware version: 3.0
    T-Mobile USA voice plan: name family talk 1000
    T-Mobile USA data plan name: none
    T-Mobile IPCC file name you used: legacy and non legacy

I try sending a mms and it stops at about 90%, message send failure is shown in text screen. I have read this entire post and found nothing new to help.

What am I doing wrong?
    try editing the carrier.plist to have the ip address mmsc instead of the *eng* one

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddlaz View Post
    after no success with every single package in cydia, I decided to edit one of the carrier.plist's

Instead of having the "mms.eng...." whatever address as the mmsc, I changed it to the old one - 216.155 or whatever/servlets/mms address

Then, I changed all the apns I found (2 of them) to wap.voicestream.com.

Put the plist back into the postpaid/flex ipcc and loaded it into itunes. Worked like a charm.

This worked for my iphone 2g with the 5.99 tzones. hope this helps you folks.
    How old is your account? wap.voicestream.com is unstable. It gives lots of errors. I only used it in the prepaid package for Internet. internet2.voicestream.com or epc.voicestream.com should have worked for you.

I don't know why MMS didn't work for you. It works for most people with old and new accounts.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-05-2009 at 09:32 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the Blackberry Minutes and Mail plan, which was discontinued a while back. The only APN that works for me is the "wap.voicestream.com". I tried to edit the .plist to include this and the IP address version of the MMSC but I get an error every time i try to load it in iTunes. I know I have an old plan, but I have unlimited everything for $70 a month after taxes, so I'm in no hurry to switch over to anything else. Is there any chance anyone could upload a version with the wap.voicestream and mmsc already edited so I can see if it's my iTunes or what it is.

Or if there is anything else I could do let me know. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Spooky - I've had this acct since 2006. I've always had wap.voicestream.com as my apn even on 2.2.1 and earlier. It worked without fail on all internet usages.

Anyhow, took me a whole day to figure it out, but mms and internet work great for me now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what is the best way to enable MMS + tethering on T-Mobile USA with the 5.99 plan on a 2G??

I have MMS working with a custom file from benm.at, but it is using wap.voicestream.com for both my MMS APN and my cellular data. Also, I need a UA profile because the pictures coming in are terrible.

Also, no tethering as of now for me.

The ipcc files you posted dont seem to be for my account type, and I am not pre- or post- paid

I would like to use epc.tmobile.com if possible for Cellular data, as it is more reliable.

any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shizzabrick View Post
    What is prepaid postpaid flexpaid?

This thread is linked from the mms thread here, but the author doesn't seem to give a crap about hi-qual mms

I'm confused.

Can someone help?

I got a unlimited calling plan with data. What is that? Pre? Post? Flex?

Some general instructions would be nice.

Thanks!
    I AM NOMINATING YOU FOR THE [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards"] DARWIN AWARDS[/ame].

Quote Originally Posted by darkpassenger View Post
    what is the best way to enable MMS + tethering on T-Mobile USA with the 5.99 plan on a 2G??

I have MMS working with a custom file from benm.at, but it is using wap.voicestream.com for both my MMS APN and my cellular data. Also, I need a UA profile because the pictures coming in are terrible.

Also, no tethering as of now for me.

The ipcc files you posted dont seem to be for my account type, and I am not pre- or post- paid

I would like to use epc.tmobile.com if possible for Cellular data, as it is more reliable.

any ideas?

The IPCC files are for your account type. I am not associated with benm.at.
    You need the normal postpaid/flexpaid + the cydia hack to enable MMS on 2G.

Quote Originally Posted by euology101 View Post
    I have the Blackberry Minutes and Mail plan, which was discontinued a while back. The only APN that works for me is the "wap.voicestream.com". I tried to edit the .plist to include this and the IP address version of the MMSC but I get an error every time i try to load it in iTunes. I know I have an old plan, but I have unlimited everything for $70 a month after taxes, so I'm in no hurry to switch over to anything else. Is there any chance anyone could upload a version with the wap.voicestream and mmsc already edited so I can see if it's my iTunes or what it is.

Or if there is anything else I could do let me know. Thanks
    The prepaid bundle has those APNs. But, it has the wrong service numbers in Settings > Phone > T-Mobile Services.

internet2.voicestream.com doesn't work for you? postpaid_flexpaid_legacy?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-05-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, well I updated to using the IPCC from Cydia, and all is well...the IPCC also updated my UAprofile so my incoming MMS are great quality now.

As for tethering, it is still not available. Am I missing something??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried editing the ipcc with no success. So I looked around and found these setting :

APN:"epc.tmobile.com"
    MMSC:"http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc"
    MMS Proxy:"216.155.165.50:8080"

I entered them and they worked, but the image quality was crap so I reset the setting and continued to try all of the ipcc file on Cydia, still no luck. I can connect to the internet, and I can still see the teathering option, but no MMS.

16 gig 3g
    family talk 1000
    unlim. messaging and data

I had previously tried using manual settings, then I tried the...

Okay, never mind. I just received an MMS that I sent to my self.

Lesson of the day: Patience

Thank you for the bundles, image quality is back to normal and all is well.

Thanks again

Green Apple
    Thanks

@spooky, i finally found the problem. My MMS works in sending and receiving when i TURN OFF PUSH NOTIFICATIONS and when WINTERBOARD is not used as a whole theme. the theme i used basically is a theme for the whole iphone, not just the icons so when i turn OFF winterboard so that it only applies it for the icons it works. ---- is there anyway i can have both of those ON and still receive MMS?

has anyone had this problem?

oh and to only have the winterboard be applied to the springboard only i use winterboard settings.

any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lencho View Post
    @spooky, i finally found the problem. My mms works in sending and receiving when i turn off push notifications and when winterboard is not used as a whole theme. The theme i used basically is a theme for the whole iphone, not just the icons so when i turn off winterboard so that it only applies it for the icons it works. ---- is there anyway i can have both of those on and still receive mms?

Has anyone had this problem?

Oh and to only have the winterboard be applied to the springboard only i use winterboard settings.

Any help would be appreciated!
    if you use cydia hacks, such as winterboard, or any other mobilesubstrate-based package, do not direct your message at me!!! I will not help you. I neither use them, nor care for them. They make your phone unstable and slow.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    if you use cydia hacks, such as winterboard, or any other mobilesubstrate-based package, do not direct your message at me!!! I will not help you. I neither use them, nor care for them. They make your phone unstable and slow.
    You know Sppoky...while we appreciate your efforts, you're approach leaves a little to be desired. There's really no need to be so rude when replying to people.

Green Apple
    Thanks

sorry, i wont put the @spooky no more.

anyone care to help me?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lencho View Post
    anyone care to help me?
    Are you being patient? I am using Winterboard, with a full theme (Orbz). My MMS sends and recieves fine using Spooky's 1.04 ipcc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by way2fst4u View Post
    You know Sppoky...while we appreciate your efforts, you're approach leaves a little to be desired. There's really no need to be so rude when replying to people.
    First time, I was nice. Second time, I was nice. 10th time, I have to say f u c k off. It's just becoming annoying.

Anyone who mentions iPhone 2G, WinterBoard, MobileSubstrate will either be ignored or get my wrath. It's ridiculous. There is a legitimate reason for this policy, which I have spelt out multiple times.

I'm an equal opportunity offender. No discrimination.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Doesn't help that you change the rules as you go along...I've seen you do this several times over the course of a week. ****** attitude...maybe you shouldn't have made this package if you're incapable of supporting it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by way2fst4u View Post
    Doesn't help that you change the rules as you go along...I've seen you do this several times over the course of a week. ****** attitude...maybe you shouldn't have made this package if you're incapable of supporting it.
    I have only changed my mind about the custom logo and 'Cellular Data Menu', which are not 'rules'. I've been very consistent about iPhone 2G (starting on page ONE) and Cydia hacks like WinterBoard.

I'm NOT capable of supporting it? You're being disrespectful. There is a huge first post. There is a screencast. There is a readme. There are tens of posts from me. 99% positive. I will not support lazy bastards who won't read or are complete incompetent idiots. Take, for example, the moron who asked what's prepay, flexpay, and postpay. Not to mention that they are standard, self explanatory English words, but he doesn't know WTF he bought from T-Mobile?

I am not making you pay for it. I haven't asked for donations; not, that anyone has offered.
    I am human too. I have limits. ****** people bring out ****** attitudes. I'm not a fake-smiling customer support robot.