Page 14 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 64 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

umm. as a personal request, maybe you could explain what ipcc is for what plan on the main page?

im not sure what one i should use, i guessed "postpaid-flexpaid" and nothing worked. Now i read Legacy is for old accounts, so im going to try that

I have a
    Family 400
    20$ unlimited text
    5.99 t-zones

I have been informed that the packages have been published and are now available in Cydia/Icy.

Hello guys,

First of all, thank you for what I assume to be a great package. I still haven't installed it for I have some questions.

To make things clear: I have a regular 2-year postpaid contract with T-Mobile US and a jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 2G. My T-Mobile logo appears fine. I can access voicemail fine. I can send/receive SMS and calls (and choose to refuse call) fine. I do NOT have a data plan with T-Mobile. I have messages and minutes, and would like to add MMS capability to the phone.

I also wonder what additional menu options or services will be installed. Some screenies or descriptions would really be handy!

That said, my questions are:

1- Which package should I install from Cydia? Legacy, VPN legacy, or the one without any specifications?

2- How is the VPN version different from others?

3- Since I don't have a data plan on the card (I'm thinking of adding), I'm worried about getting crazy roaming charges if I install this through trying to access a service that's not in my plan. I keep Edge turned off from SBSettings. Will the phone still try to access the net successfully?

4- Can this be uninstalled from Cydia to remove whatever changes it has done (I'm not worried about reverting to my custom settings, as I have none; whatever the phone came with is OK)?

hi i have an officially unlocked 3g and i added this ipcc thinking it would help my image quality, and it didnt, well im not sure because i am sending it to my brother who has a jailbroken ultrasnow iphone and he hasnt done this hack yet, and the quality is still low... to him, but to everyone else they get great quality... anyways now my "cellular data network" thing is gone! i have absolutely no access to it.. i want it back plaese.. how can i get it back?

anyways now my "cellular data network
    " thing is gone! i have absolutely no access to it.. i want it back plaese.. how can i get it back?
    same!

Quote Originally Posted by imabengalimuslim View Post
    I have a 3G and I'm using 3.0. It is jailbroken and unlocked using ultrasnow.

And I don't have that colored pink logo either. I just have this plain text one.
    Read the first post again if you're wondering why you don't see it. It's by design.

Quote Originally Posted by byransays View Post
    umm. as a personal request, maybe you could explain what ipcc is for what plan on the main page?

im not sure what one i should use, i guessed "postpaid-flexpaid" and nothing worked. Now i read Legacy is for old accounts, so im going to try that

I have a
    Family 400
    20$ unlimited text
    5.99 t-zones
    Try until one works.
    Remove Cydia T-Mobile-related hacks.
    Restart.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsieLord View Post
    Hello guys,

First of all, thank you for what I assume to be a great package. I still haven't installed it for I have some questions.

To make things clear: I have a regular 2-year postpaid contract with T-Mobile US and a jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 2G. My T-Mobile logo appears fine. I can access voicemail fine. I can send/receive SMS and calls (and choose to refuse call) fine. I do NOT have a data plan with T-Mobile. I have messages and minutes, and would like to add MMS capability to the phone.

I also wonder what additional menu options or services will be installed. Some screenies or descriptions would really be handy!

That said, my questions are:

1- Which package should I install from Cydia? Legacy, VPN legacy, or the one without any specifications?

2- How is the VPN version different from others?

3- Since I don't have a data plan on the card (I'm thinking of adding), I'm worried about getting crazy roaming charges if I install this through trying to access a service that's not in my plan. I keep Edge turned off from SBSettings. Will the phone still try to access the net successfully?

4- Can this be uninstalled from Cydia to remove whatever changes it has done (I'm not worried about reverting to my custom settings, as I have none; whatever the phone came with is OK)?
    1 - Simple one should be fine. Should you get a plan, you'll most likely to have that.
    2 - If you have to ask, you don't need it. It's for corporate users. Google VPN.
    3 - Internet won't work. No charges.
    4 - Yes if you install it from Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by omaRR View Post
    hi i have an officially unlocked 3g and i added this ipcc thinking it would help my image quality, and it didnt, well im not sure because i am sending it to my brother who has a jailbroken ultrasnow iphone and he hasnt done this hack yet, and the quality is still low... to him, but to everyone else they get great quality... anyways now my "cellular data network" thing is gone! i have absolutely no access to it.. i want it back plaese.. how can i get it back?
    "Cellular Data Network" is only shown when the carrier is unknown. T-Mobile just became known.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-04-2009 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

WoodsieLord (07-04-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by byransays View Post

I have a
    Family 400
    20$ unlimited text
    5.99 t-zones
    I have a brand new Family 700 plan. I needed to use Lagacy as well to get it to work. It's a little misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by way2fst4u View Post
    I have a brand new Family 700 plan. I needed to use Lagacy as well to get it to work. It's a little misleading.
    Legacy means legacy configuration, legacy APN. APNs from which T-Mobile are moving away, but it's not a guarantee that if you open an account tomorrow you will not be setup on legacy DATA configuration.

So try both. I can't say that one or the other will work with plan X.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Legacy means legacy configuration, legacy APN. APNs from which T-Mobile are moving away, but it's not a guarantee that if you open an account tomorrow you will not be setup on legacy DATA configuration.

So try both. I can't say that one or the other will work with plan X.
    Thanks for explaining...either way...it was simple to just try another until it worked!

Before I installed version 1.0.5 through Cydia, I had a different ipcc installed that displayed my cellular data settings and then I installed SpookyETs ipcc though Cydia and my cellular data settings are still there! Is that because it did not install correctly or is it because it thinks my carrier (tmobile) is unknown?

Quote Originally Posted by m600i View Post
    Before I installed version 1.0.5 through Cydia, I had a different ipcc installed that displayed my cellular data settings and then I installed SpookyETs ipcc though Cydia and my cellular data settings are still there! Is that because it did not install correctly or is it because it thinks my carrier (tmobile) is unknown?
    You're still in carrier testing mode. The IPCC overwrites Cydia.

Many thanks for your reply. I have installed ActivateMMS2G and your regular postpaid package. I get the T-Mobile menu, but I cannot send MMS.

After installing both ActivateMMS2G and your regular package, I did a 2-button reboot. MMS was automatically enabled in the settings. I got the T-Mobile menus and all, but sending MMS results with the Sending bar getting stuck at the end, resulting with an "!" that says: Your message was not sent. Tap "Try Again" to send this message. I was sending it to myself through the regular messaging screen, taking a random photo from within the message. I sent SMS to myself to confirm this works, and it does.

So I uninstalled the regular settings, did a 2-button reboot, and installed the legacy settings, and did a 2-button reboot. Still the same.

My iPhone 2G 3.0 has 1000 whenever minutes (with weekends and nights, a 2-year contract into its 16th month) and 400 messages pack added later. I don't have any data plan. When I login to My T-Mobile, it has an MMS counter so I am led to believe nothing is wrong with the plan, but the phone.

I cannot find any applicable settings to load. Should I try the Blackberry and all? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again!

Edit: To answer phreakwenci's question, no I do not have tethering option anywhere on my 2G, but then again I don't have a data plan either.
    Last edited by WoodsieLord; 07-04-2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: added some description

Ok, I feel retarded here, I've tried everything I've seen, and nothing seems to work.

iPhone 3G/3.OS
    T-Mobile Unlimited Data(for G1)
    T-Mobile Family Plan
    Had my plan for years, before the iPhone came out.
    I uploaded the t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid.ipcc That is in the first link, version 1.0.5 iirc. This is after I uninstalled the same package form cydia(since it couldn't overwrite my ipcc), and reset all my settings. Now, I have a good T-Mobile logo, edge seems to be working and I can send mms flawlessly. I CANNOT; change my network settings at all or receive an mms now. Any help? I've tried not posting because I wanted to figure it out, but after a week, I need help.

Quote Originally Posted by crashzilla00 View Post
    Ok, I feel retarded here, I've tried everything I've seen, and nothing seems to work.

iPhone 3G/3.OS
    T-Mobile Unlimited Data(for G1)
    T-Mobile Family Plan
    Had my plan for years, before the iPhone came out.
    I uploaded the t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid.ipcc That is in the first link, version 1.0.5 iirc. This is after I uninstalled the same package form cydia(since it couldn't overwrite my ipcc), and reset all my settings. Now, I have a good T-Mobile logo, edge seems to be working and I can send mms flawlessly. I CANNOT; change my network settings at all or receive an mms now. Any help? I've tried not posting because I wanted to figure it out, but after a week, I need help.
    FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME: CELLULAR DATA MENU IS DISABLED. IT WILL NOT BE ENABLED EVER.

If you can send, you can also receive. MMS takes a long time to transfer. It can take 2 minutes or it can take half an hour. You never know.

Official Carrier Bundles are stored in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/
    That's where the Cydia package is installed /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/TMobile_us.bundle

Carrier testing mode bundles are stored in /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/.
    That folder must be deleted for /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ to work.

FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME: CELLULAR DATA MENU IS DISABLED. IT WILL NOT BE ENABLED EVER.

If you can send, you can also receive. MMS takes a long time to transfer. It can take 2 minutes or it can take half an hour. You never know.

Official Carrier Bundles are stored in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/
    That's where the Cydia package is installed /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/TMobile_us.bundle

Carrier testing mode bundles are stored in /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/.
    That folder must be deleted for /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ to work.

I can send just fine, but I have waited two hours since the last settings adjustment and still haven't received the mms(yes the phone that sent it confirms it sent). I didn't ssh into the phone to change anything, do I need to?

EDIT: I thought you made one with the carrier settings available as well?

Do we have to do anything beyond installing ActivateMMS2G and this through Cydia, and making a two-button reboot? I cannot send a test MMS to myself, gets stuck at the end of Sending bar and tells me to try again

Iphone 2g Flexpay
    FW 3.0
    9.99 web2go

ActivateMMS2G installed. Internet works with both legacy and non legact packages. MMS doesnt work with any of the carrier bundles from cydia.
    No other package previously installed.

You're still in carrier testing mode. The IPCC overwrites Cydia.
    SpookyET, how can I fix this? I want the cydia version to take over...how can I get it out of carrier test mode?

Ok, after doing another restore and cleaning out of cydia it works! The only problem I can see is that my test sending phone has a 5mp camera and it sends low resolution pics?!? iPhone to iPhone works perfectly though. Must be a sizing issue...

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

I am unclear about T-Mobile US carrier support. I have prepaid plan. What will this Cydia download do? My 2G iPhone works great.
    Last edited by madrich; 07-05-2009 at 07:14 AM.

Page 14 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 64 ... LastLast