Page 12 of 103 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 62 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by spookyet View Post
    لا يكون مزعج الجمال!
    האם לא להיות מרגיז הגמל!

ללכת להזדיין דרבן. לא צריך להיות אידיוט.

@Spooky= im still having a bit of problems, my wife's works out great but mine just doesnt. After comparing iphone i came to two things that might not make it work. my iphone has bitesms -- i really doubt that might be it, but maybe im wrong.The other thing that is different is that i have push notifications, and hers doesnt. do you think that has anything to do with me not being able to receive mms? i can send. but i cant receive =(

any help will be appreciated@

Quote Originally Posted by zappamann View Post
    ללכת להזדיין דרבן. לא צריך להיות אידיוט.
    That's just uncalled for. I have made these bundles by myself. I have spent 3 bloody days getting these bundles to work right. Now, you all have Internet access. I have finally fixed MMS when ironicirony told me to fake the user agent to make it think it's a SonyEricsson.

I could have done it just for me self and spent the last 3 days in the sun. But, instead I made all these bundles for all T-Mobile users to enjoy. I even provided support. I even made a screencast for the lazy bastards who fail to read. You can't even comprehend that. Do you really expect me to provide attention to you? Rhetorical question!

zappamann, you're being a f u c k i n g c u n t. Jog on, wanker!

Quote Originally Posted by lencho View Post
    @Spooky= im still having a bit of problems, my wife's works out great but mine just doesnt. After comparing iphone i came to two things that might not make it work. my iphone has bitesms -- i really doubt that might be it, but maybe im wrong.The other thing that is different is that i have push notifications, and hers doesnt. do you think that has anything to do with me not being able to receive mms? i can send. but i cant receive =(

any help will be appreciated@
    Push notifications = no.
    ByteSMS = I don't know. Is it running the background? I don't see why it would interfere. Try uninstalling it. Clearly, if you are on a family plan, and both of you have the same plan, it's the phone, not the bundle. Cydia T-Mobile hacks installed?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-03-2009 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Jog on, wanker!
    It's official. Spooky's a brit.

Don't get too upset with zapp, there are more people here that appreciate you, then one troll that doesn't. (I'm going to let go of your hand now, and stop kissing your ***. Have a nice day )
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by phreakwenci View Post
    I searched but came up dry, is there a tutorial on how to use tethering with this carrier bundle now? and if not, can someone point me in the right direction.

One other thing for SpookyET, first thanks to both you and ironicirony for all your brilliant work for bringing us MMS on 3.0. I really appreciate it, and I realize you're trying to save us from ourselves with removing the setting to edit our apn's. However, it seems that more of us will be voicing our interest in having it back. I use both apn's depending on where I'm at, mostly internet2 works, but if I'm in North Carolina, and the carrier switches (as it does once your cross the NC state line it seems from VA) then I need to switch it, or I'm SOL. I travel the entire midatlantic and northeast weekly. My iphone is now my personal computer. So I need to have the ability to adapt to my surroundings and change things on the fly, which is the reason I love jailbraking to begin with, it takes the control out of apples hands and into ours. I understand your point, and for the majority of mac users who don't care about the technology, they just want to use it, it's more than a valid point. But for those of us who care about it all, when you say that you're not allowing us to have an editable network config menu, it makes me think of apple's dictatorship on not allowing us to make our phones what we want.

I know you're not a dictator, and you want to do what's best for the people, but open source is the best thing for the people. We take it into our own hands when we screw something up. it's our responsibility, not yours, but if you take away that ability completly, then we only have you to ***** at and blame for it. And that's not fair to you.

Just my thoughts, again I understand where you're coming from. It makes sense, but not for all of us. Do we out weigh the populous? I dunno... give it a bit of time, and we'll know. But I'd really prefer to have control over what my phone does, then having that control taken from me.
    I understand your plight. But, typing the APN all the time is error prone and annoying. Switching bundles is far easier. I don't expect you to pull out a laptop in the middle of the drive to do that. As you have probably noticed, I have created Cydia/Icy packages. It's far easier to launch Icy and switch bundles. I am hopping BigBoss will accept hosting them. If not, I'll create a repository me self.

The only thing i have installed that is also different is a tmobile logo. Its on cydia, its called crispier tmobile logo. Do u think that has any affect? I can turn i off and on on winterboard.

I'm actually on the side of leaving the APN editable, but I'm going to play devils advocate for a minute.

I think that in the spirit of getting things right that the bundles should be left locked down, at least for now. Once everything works the way it should, and SpookyET is pretty sure he has all the right setting combos nailed down, we can return to the idea of opening the Network prefs back up.

The only reason I say this is because if you read through this thread there are far more "OMG! It BrOke mY pHone" posts than "Thanks, worked great" posts. There's no way to tell if the "OMG! It BrOke mY pHone" posts are real issues, or if it's just some moron tinkering with things and breaking it. Well, there are at least a couple people in this thread where it's pretty obvious they were tinkering with things and broke it. Between SpookyET and myself we have a pretty good range of test phones and plans to play with, but with T-Mobile nothing is ever 100% cut and dry. That and the diversity of users using unlocked iPhones complicates the process of getting everything right.

Now, I will say that every time I install a new bundle from this thread the first thing I do is switch it back to editable, and anyone who wants to do the same has the same power I do. The process for doing so is actually documented somewhere in this thread. If you're savvy enough to know when and why you might need to modify your APN, you're probably savvy enough to modify a carrier.plist.

Disclaimer: I'm just the MMS fix guy, the guy who tests some things now and then, and the guy who does a little research. SpookyET builds these things, and even though we recently discovered we may well share a zip, we still might not always share the same opinion.

The only thing i have installed that is also different is a tmobile logo. Its on cydia, its called crispier tmobile logo. Do u think that has any affect? I can turn i off and on on winterboard.
    As long as it's winterboard based and installed to /var/stash/Themes directory I wouldn't think it should. You can try turning it off, but I don't know that it will make a difference.

Swap sims with your wife for a minute, see if your problems follow the sim or the phone.
    Last edited by ironicirony; 07-03-2009 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Why don't you modify the IPCC file to install the logos officially? The logos in the first post are the same, except the one black, which is fully white since the pink T is hard to see. You've seen the screen-shots in the thread. Some pages back, I posted exactly how to change the logos.

I stay away from WinterBoard and MobileSubstrate. They introduce too much instability. MobileSubstrate is used to inject code into running apps. You never know what you get. If you don't use themes, and just installed WinterBoard for the logo, consider uninstalling it and doing it properly.

spooky and ironicirony you are pimps. i love you so much. tethering, internet surfing, high-quality MMS (i sent myself an MMS and it came back perfect) are all working now. i am using:

iPhone 3g
    iPhone 3.0
    T-Mobile MyFaves 600 (Individual)
    Unlimited data/messaging ($34.99/month, just signed up with T-mobile on saturday, so i'm guessing i've got the G1 plan)
    t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid.ipcc

tethering and internet browsing worked great at first. MMS was still blurry initially but i rebooted my phone and now it is pristine.

thanks again

anyway to delete the carrier bundle? im only going to be on tmobile for 1 month.

Do push notifications work on T-Mobile? My phone was activated by Apple.
    Last edited by amanisfly3; 07-03-2009 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by amanisfly3 View Post
    anyway to delete the carrier bundle? im only going to be on tmobile for 1 month.

Do push notifications work on T-Mobile? My phone was activated by Apple.
    Turn off carrier testing mode in iTunes.
    Push works.

iPhone 3g
    iPhone 3.0
    prepaid sidekick plan
    t-mobile-us-prepaid_sidekick

Tethering works great!!
    MMS does not work. The camera shows up but it will not finish sending. Though, I'm not entirely sure if the plan supports mms.
    (I also tried the flexpay sidekick ipcc with the same results)

Tethering was the main thing I really wanted. You rock, Thanks!

So how do you get tethering to work? is there a guide?

J.D.

So how do you get tethering to work? is there a guide?
    Google.

Google.
    Ok, let me try this again, I don't have the internet tether menu to enable or disable it. I'm using a the 1.0.5 postpaid flexpay legacy bundle
    iphone 2G 3.0

MMS is perfect, but no menu to enable tethering. Now what do I need to do?

J.D.

What's the difference between 1.0.4 vs 1.0.5? Thanks

Ok, let me try this again, I don't have the internet tether menu to enable or disable it. I'm using a the 1.0.5 postpaid flexpay legacy bundle
    iphone 2G 3.0

MMS is perfect, but no menu to enable tethering. Now what do I need to do?
    Do you have Internet access?
    Settings > General > Network > Internet Tethering

Do you have Internet access?
    Settings > General > Network > Internet Tethering
    Nope

J.D.

Nope
    What's your T-Mobile plan and how long have you had it?

This is what my network menu looks like. I've been with tmobile since 2004 and I've always had the 19.99 internet plan. that's why I used legacy. I'm looking at my carrier.plist and I don't see anything for tethering in it. should there be and if so what should it look like?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0009.png  

J.D.

Page 12 of 103 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 62 ... LastLast