Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

  1. #201
    Perhaps I'll have to do Cydia packages myself after all. It's not that hard. I just want other people involved in the project because I will leave T-Mobile when I move, and someone else will have to take over the project.



    BigBoss has been contacted. We'll see what he has to say about this.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-02-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #202
    Hey guys. Quick question. I previously downloaded 1.0.2 with the "custom" T-mobile package. I have a 2G, T-mobile USA, T-zone. Everything is working great. Sending/recieving/picture quality. However, I am only allowed to use the Wap.voicestream.com settings. Anytime I try to change it for my carrier settings my MMS goes blank. Will the updated package fix this so Im able to use EPC.tmobile.com?

    Thanks

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by zappamann View Post
    Hey guys. Quick question. I previously downloaded 1.0.2 with the "custom" T-mobile package. I have a 2G, T-mobile USA, T-zone. Everything is working great. Sending/recieving/picture quality. However, I am only allowed to use the Wap.voicestream.com settings. Anytime I try to change it for my carrier settings my MMS goes blank. Will the updated package fix this so Im able to use EPC.tmobile.com?

    Thanks
    You cannot use epc for MMS. That's it. I'll disable the Cellular Data Network menu for good like official Apple carriers in the next update. If you're roaming or insert an unknown SIM, you'll see it again.

    If it ain't broke don't fix it.

  4. #204
    ok so i am having another problem not updating my gf's 3g, mms works but internet dont work. i used tmobile_us_postpaid.ipcc. i asked her what internet plan she has and she thinks the $5.99 plan. APN network settings ar not available to change either

  5. #205
    Sorry if i wasnt clear.

    Im not looking to change my MMS APN. (It is currently showing Wap.voicestream.com and working great.) What I am looking to do is change my Cellular Data APN from wap.voicestream.com to epc.tmobile.com. Everytime i try to change my Cellular Data from the Wap to the EPC, the APN for MMS dissapears.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by zappamann View Post
    Sorry if i wasnt clear.

    Im not looking to change my MMS APN. (It is currently showing Wap.voicestream.com and working great.) What I am looking to do is change my Cellular Data APN from wap.voicestream.com to epc.tmobile.com. Everytime i try to change my Cellular Data from the Wap to the EPC, the APN for MMS dissapears.
    Which version of the package do you have? Which bundle are you using? wap is used for prepaid only. No other bundle has it. epc will not work on prepaid.

    Quote Originally Posted by zappamann View Post
    Sorry if i wasnt clear.

    Im not looking to change my MMS APN. (It is currently showing Wap.voicestream.com and working great.) What I am looking to do is change my Cellular Data APN from wap.voicestream.com to epc.tmobile.com. Everytime i try to change my Cellular Data from the Wap to the EPC, the APN for MMS dissapears.
    Get the latest version.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-02-2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #207
    As the author, you obviously have the right to include or remove any feature you'd like. But if you remove the ability to change the settings and a user needs to change an APN as has been mentioned, then the user is SOL.

    Personally I think you should have a readme or something that tells people they are responsible for whatever they put on their phone, and if it doesn't work, then they only have themselves to blame.

    That said...however, if you remove the ability to modify the settings, you also remove the "Reset Settings"; and that feature is important for anyone that may have an issue with their phone.

    Anyway, thanks so much for making this available.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    You cannot use epc for MMS. That's it. I'll disable the Cellular Data Network menu for good like official Apple carriers in the next update. If you're roaming or insert an unknown SIM, you'll see it again.

    If it ain't broke don't fix it.

  8. #208
    I am using TMobile_US_Postpaid_Tmobile_Logo 1.0.2.ipcc

    I am postpaid and Wap is currently working as my Carrier APN/MMS APN.

  9. #209
    Hello... thanks for all your work on this....
    It really seems like I am also having battery drain issue after installing postpaid.ipcc version 1.0.4
    2g 3.0
    5.99 T-zones
    Push mail and notifications are off.
    Hourly mail fetch.
    phone lost 20% in an hour with one phone call..... anyone else having an issue?

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by eosmontana View Post
    Hello... thanks for all your work on this....
    It really seems like I am also having battery drain issue after installing postpaid.ipcc version 1.0.4
    2g 3.0
    5.99 T-zones
    Push mail and notifications are off.
    Hourly mail fetch.
    phone lost 20% in an hour with one phone call..... anyone else having an issue?
    Weird. It's not the bundles fault. It's not querying the internet. It's not running apps. It's not making your phone hot. If Internet works for you now when it previously did not, it's got to be a setting or an app who just found internet access and is draining your battery.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miamisub View Post
    As the author, you obviously have the right to include or remove any feature you'd like. But if you remove the ability to change the settings and a user needs to change an APN as has been mentioned, then the user is SOL.

    Personally I think you should have a readme or something that tells people they are responsible for whatever they put on their phone, and if it doesn't work, then they only have themselves to blame.

    That said...however, if you remove the ability to modify the settings, you also remove the "Reset Settings"; and that feature is important for anyone that may have an issue with their phone.

    Anyway, thanks so much for making this available.
    Maybe, for Cydia, someone will help me create a menu in the settings that would allow you to switch between different T-Mobile plans. So, there will be a single package instead of 12.

    If you install an IPCC file, reset settings will not reset to factory default. It will reset to IPCC. So, if you change your apn, and type reset settings, the settings I made will be restored. That menu is not much use.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-02-2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Which version of the package do you have? Which bundle are you using? wap is used for prepaid only. No other bundle has it. epc will not work on prepaid.



    Get the latest version.


    Downloaded the new version. When i typed epc.tmobile.com in the cellular APN and rebooted, my APN for MMS dissapeard (wap.voicestream.com)

    Anyone else have this issue? MMS APN not sticking when using the epc APN?

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by zappamann View Post
    Downloaded the new version. When i typed epc.tmobile.com in the cellular APN and rebooted, my APN for MMS dissapeard (wap.voicestream.com)

    Anyone else have this issue? MMS APN not sticking when using the epc APN?


    لا يكون مزعج الجمال!
    האם לא להיות מרגיז הגמל!

  13. #213
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    732
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

    check ur pm zappamann

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by JailbreakKilla View Post
    What do you mean it don't support 2G phones I have MMS up and running on my 2G iPhone using that method right now. My carrier logos and incoming and outgoing pictures are all working 100%
    I meant that I DO NOT SUPPORT 2G phones. But, others on this thread may help you.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

    iBall23 (07-02-2009)

  16. #215
    im havin that problem on my 3G

  17. #216
    Cydia/Icy packages sent to BigBoss for investigation.

  18. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by zappamann View Post
    Downloaded the new version. When i typed epc.tmobile.com in the cellular APN and rebooted, my APN for MMS dissapeard (wap.voicestream.com)

    Anyone else have this issue? MMS APN not sticking when using the epc APN?
    You can either edit the carrier.plist directly on the phone and switch the apn to epc, or you can try the change settings/reboot trick. The carrier.plist edit will give 100% results, the change settings/reboot trick works for some, but not others.

    The carrier.plist you need to edit should be in /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle. Once you find it the line you need to change should be pretty obvious.

    The save settings/reboot trick is simply changing the setting, and immediately rebooting by way of the sleep/wake button without exiting out of the settings app.

    Of course you could just use the t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid.ipcc from the latest zip which uses epc and wap in the configuration you want.

    ----

    Of Note: This isn't a bug related to this ipcc, I saw it with my own custom ipcc long before these files came along. I've also seen it rear it's head on both a 2G and 3G phone with no ipcc installed.
    Last edited by ironicirony; 07-02-2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: My brain is slow

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to ironicirony For This Useful Post:

    iBall23 (07-02-2009)

  20. #218
    i downloaded the new one with the blackberry postpaid it works now thanks guys

  21. #219
    I searched but came up dry, is there a tutorial on how to use tethering with this carrier bundle now? and if not, can someone point me in the right direction.

    One other thing for SpookyET, first thanks to both you and ironicirony for all your brilliant work for bringing us MMS on 3.0. I really appreciate it, and I realize you're trying to save us from ourselves with removing the setting to edit our apn's. However, it seems that more of us will be voicing our interest in having it back. I use both apn's depending on where I'm at, mostly internet2 works, but if I'm in North Carolina, and the carrier switches (as it does once your cross the NC state line it seems from VA) then I need to switch it, or I'm SOL. I travel the entire midatlantic and northeast weekly. My iphone is now my personal computer. So I need to have the ability to adapt to my surroundings and change things on the fly, which is the reason I love jailbraking to begin with, it takes the control out of apples hands and into ours. I understand your point, and for the majority of mac users who don't care about the technology, they just want to use it, it's more than a valid point. But for those of us who care about it all, when you say that you're not allowing us to have an editable network config menu, it makes me think of apple's dictatorship on not allowing us to make our phones what we want.

    I know you're not a dictator, and you want to do what's best for the people, but open source is the best thing for the people. We take it into our own hands when we screw something up. it's our responsibility, not yours, but if you take away that ability completly, then we only have you to ***** at and blame for it. And that's not fair to you.

    Just my thoughts, again I understand where you're coming from. It makes sense, but not for all of us. Do we out weigh the populous? I dunno... give it a bit of time, and we'll know. But I'd really prefer to have control over what my phone does, then having that control taken from me.
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

    J.D.

  22. #220
    Thumbs up Thanks
    Yes I'd just like to say thank you to SpookyET and ironicirony again.

    They have really gone out of the way to help everybody. This morning Spooky was right on it on unlocking the APN settings. That fixed my phone right up.

    I agree that leaving them unlocked to edit is a good choice. And if the user changes the APN's up, and thier mms or internet stops working...that's not spooky's or ironicirony's issue. Although that may seem hard because these guys seem to really care and want to help people fix there phones.

    So here to you Spooky and ironicirony! Thanks for your hard work
    Cheese is milk's attempt at immortality...

Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •