Page 101 of 103 FirstFirst ... 51 9199100101102103 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Hi SpookeyET: I would like to restore again custom Firmware 4.3.3, will have any affect as your patch carrier file was installed yesterday.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ocean223 View Post
    Hey Spooky,
    Here is what I did:

Upgraded to 4.3.3 from 4.1 with pwnagetool and unlocked with ultasnow.

Your bundles were not out yet so I entered the following manually to get things working:

APN: epc.tmobile.com
    USER: BLANK
    PASS: BLANK
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    Max: 2400000
    UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

And Tethering (Called Personal Hotspot)

APN epc.tmobile.com

Username your t-mobile phone number
    password last 4 digits of social security number

Everything was working fine and then I saw that your bundles were available for 4.3.3 so I installed the commcenter patch for 4.3.3
    from the repo you designate in your instructions.

Everything seems to work, even tethering, but Edge is no longer working. After a hard reset it works for a short time then stops.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, I installed the standared bundle.
    There are issues between ultrasn0w and iOS 4 on iPhone 4. There is nothing I can do about them. There are threads on this forum on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by BLASTphemus View Post
    Hey Spooky what's the highest I can upgrade to unlock/jailbreak from version 3.1.3 firmware 05.12.01 on an iphone 3g??

If you can put a link to the guide that would be great!
    iOS 4.2.1. Just use PwnageTool to create a custom firmware and restore to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidq View Post
    Hi SpookeyET: I would like to restore again custom Firmware 4.3.3, will have any affect as your patch carrier file was installed yesterday.Thanks
    Restoring, by definition, restores to the firmware. Therefore, everything will have to be reinstalled again. Sorry.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 05-11-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post

iOS 4.2.1. Just use PwnageTool to create a custom firmware and restore to it.

Basically use this guide how to use PwnageTool to create a custom firmware then after restore use Cydia to unlock using ultrasnow correct?

Quote Originally Posted by BLASTphemus View Post
    Basically use this guide how to use PwnageTool to create a custom firmware then after restore use Cydia to unlock using ultrasnow correct?
    Yes.

did any one get vvm to work?

Quote Originally Posted by la79 View Post
    I agree with point A but that is for cellular data NOT MMS. The apn for MMS is wap.voicestream.com.

Also I can edit my APN because I added:

HTML Code:
    <key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    <true/>
    To the carrier.plist I needed to see what default settings the standard ipc was adding. Wap.voicestream.com was there already.

Carrier bundle and patch were loaded fine no problem. If I remember someone else had this problem also:

T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

2006yamahaR6 had a similar problem.

This link below actually shows what the settings are for each bundle:

iPhone T-Mobile Data and MMS Settings | Re-Wireless.com

So the question goes back to if there is a bundle with the MMS apn set to epc.tmobile.com?
    This bring back memories of back when I actually gave a crap about MMS (no offense to spookyET - his files are perfectly fine), I got my data working okay, but I tried almost every possible combination of APN entries for MMS, I even spoke with tmo cust svc.- great guys but even they had no clue - they said the mms APN epc.tmobile.com. I just couldnt get it to work so I just stuck to emailing pics lol.

I do have a question - is there any way to enable cellular data settings without installing a cydia package/winterboard tweak? I've tried those and in the long run they cause bugs, and use ram and processor cycles. I know you can edit the carrier bundle before installing it, but since I'm on 4.3.3, I can't do that either- anyone know where the current carrier bundle is located in the filesystem?

Also as a reference for others: what I used to do is insert a AT&T sim, and respring or restart and then pull that sim and reinsert my tmobile aim. This would usually pull up the settings tab but this time even that didn't work.

Any ideas or should I just take this as a great opportunity to work on practicing patience?

i4 FW 4.3.3 gevey unlocked on Tmo usa

followed all directions step by step, reboots and everything.
    i used the repo patch from d23, and downloaded the bundle folder from the blog page linked on your revised 1st post.
    installed the standard ipcc. i am on unlimited everything plan.

followed all instructions and can still neither send or receive to anyone. however, i can send/receive to MY OWN number...

do my APN settings matter? (i do have some typed in...)

i am getting ready to try the beta.lei repo fix but don't know if this is wise. just looking for some input or further direction here...

UPDATE: after using SSH to change permissions on SMS folder i can now send mms, when receiving mms i get a msg saying: The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction.

Anyone?
    Last edited by nanu; 05-17-2011 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi SpookyET

I've been reading thousands and thousands of threads about how to receive MMS pictures on my iphone 3G but with no luck finding any answers. I'm hoping u can help.

Here's my info.

Phone: iPhone 3G
    Firmware: 3.1.3 (7E18)
    Modem Firmware 05.12.01
    Network: T-mobile US

I've pretty much tried most of the network settings and many other techniques that I found on the net and I was finally able to SENT pictures but like many others i cannot RECEIVE pictures (The media contect was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction). Sorry if you already answered this to someone else on here but I tried scanning through this threat but there's just way too many pages to go through.
    Oh yea and one of the problems I have is that in setting>general>network... my "Cellular Network Data" only appeared once right after I jailbreak and unlock my phone. I was able to enter some t-mobile network settings but after the reboot, the "Cellular Network Data" option disappears so I cant change the settings anymore either. If you can help in anyway it is much appreciated. Please let me know if you need any more info in other to provide ur service... Thanks in advance.

i just called tmobile and
    have an iphone 3gs on 3.13
    on t-zones

APN: epc.tmobile.com
    USER: BLANK
    PASS: BLANK
    MMSC: BLANK
    MMS Proxy: BLANK
    Max: BLANK
    UA Prof URL: BLANK

i just sent myself a pic i got the pict and did not get the message size restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by vstylez858 View Post
    Hi SpookyET

I've been reading thousands and thousands of threads about how to receive MMS pictures on my iphone 3G but with no luck finding any answers. I'm hoping u can help.

Here's my info.

Phone: iPhone 3G
    Firmware: 3.1.3 (7E18)
    Modem Firmware 05.12.01
    Network: T-mobile US

I've pretty much tried most of the network settings and many other techniques that I found on the net and I was finally able to SENT pictures but like many others i cannot RECEIVE pictures (The media contect was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction). Sorry if you already answered this to someone else on here but I tried scanning through this threat but there's just way too many pages to go through.
    Oh yea and one of the problems I have is that in setting>general>network... my "Cellular Network Data" only appeared once right after I jailbreak and unlock my phone. I was able to enter some t-mobile network settings but after the reboot, the "Cellular Network Data" option disappears so I cant change the settings anymore either. If you can help in anyway it is much appreciated. Please let me know if you need any more info in other to provide ur service... Thanks in advance.

Hi I'm a noob at all of this so could someone clarify for me please? What does installing the carrier bundles do? I'm trying to get MMS/EDGE to work on my newly T-mobile unlocked iPhone 4. The sim is from a Vibrant Galaxy S. Could someone assist a noob please and thank you?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey Spooky,
    My iphone started fouling up on multiple levels so I did an update to 4.3.3. I had your bundle working awesome with 4.3.1. Will the same one work on 4.3.3? I've installed the patch you said is needed on your blog through Cydia, but no matter how many times I try to load the custom .ipcc it just does nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Update: I've loaded three different patches. The one from Spooky's blog, a wortel one from iphonemod.br, and another one I found on a repo that they don't let you mention here on modmyi. I can't get anything to work (4.3.3). I finally hardloaded spooky's legacy bundle as the bundle for the phone to look at. I've set edge editing to true, I see nothing in the settings app. Edge doesn't even work. I reset network settings, pull and reinsert the sim, reboot...essentially everything I've done in the past to get patches and custom bundles working. No luck. I end up having to load a unlockit.nz bundle after messing around with my file system for hours. That would be fine with me except I want the mms and tethering that Spooky bundles so excellently bring...unlockit.nz can't do that.

If anyone has a spooky bundle working on 4.3.3 please explain which commcenter patch and EXACTLY the way in which you got it to work. I'm going nuts over here

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Look here for the commcenter patch: d23's Cydia Repo
    Once performed, the rest should be easy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Look here for the commcenter patch: d23's Cydia Repo
    Once performed, the rest should be easy.
    That's the first one I tried. No go

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It worked on my 4.3.3 What was the error?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    It worked on my 4.3.3 What was the error?
    There's no error specifically: The patch installs, I reboot as it says to. I open itunes, load the custom bundle. The progress bar blips for a second....from this point I've tried immediately using the data, rebooting again, resetting network settings, pulling and reinserting sim. I can't get a data IP, and nothing on the phone says MMS is anywhere close to configured.

Thanks

Now I've managed to get to the apn editing section in settings thanks to a warez repo hosting a free package that's broken on bigboss (so that's hardly warez). Anyways the problem I have now is that the carrier info under "About" says Not Available. This wouldn't bug me except it seems MiTime won't work unless it says Carrier X. I know Spookys bundles don't have this issue but no matter how many times I try they just aren't working for me. Any ideas?

Thanks

Does anyone check this thread anymore? I've never had problems with Spooky bundles until now. Dying to know what's up.

Thanks

Found my own solution: The problem was that I updated to 4.3.3 via TinyUmbrella because Pwnage wouldn't work under Lion. I then got stuck in a DFU loop that I got out of by using Redsn0w. That hacktivated the phone and no matter what I used (SAM, redsn0w deactivate) I couldn't get everything to work correctly. I then said screw it and tried to update via Pwnage again. It was giving me a "device ineligible" error. Turns out Apple locked the hosts file in Lion and you have to respoof to Saurik's server through terminal. After that I was able to cook a custom bundle that didn't hactivate, activate with an ATT sim, and load Spooky's bundle. If anyone else has my issue I hope these details help. If you need more info on refixing your hosts file just ask and I'll gladly share. Peace

is there an update for commcenter patch for 4.3.5?

Page 101 of 103 FirstFirst ... 51 9199100101102103 LastLast