Page 10 of 103 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 60 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by way2fst4u View Post
    What is causing it? I have push notifications off...
    I said PUSH MAIL, not push notifications. Separate settings. Push mail rapes your phone like an Alabama inbred.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Push mail rapes your phone like an Alabama inbred.
    That's a horrible mental image...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ironicirony For This Useful Post:

makav911 (07-02-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    I said PUSH MAIL, not push notifications. Separate settings. Push mail rapes your phone like an Alabama inbred.
    LOL! You're not from Alabama are you? I have PUSH MAIL off too

Quote Originally Posted by way2fst4u View Post
    LOL! You're not from Alabama are you? I have PUSH MAIL off too
    I am not from Alabama. Is your phone overheating too? Check the Apple forums. I can't help you.

No my phone does not overheat.

@ SpookyET
    POST iPhone version.3G
    POST iPhone Firmware version. - 3.0
    POST T-Mobile USA voice plan name.- Family plan - My Favs + 400 shared mins.
    POST T-Mobile USA data plan name. - T-Zones
    POST T-Mobile IPCC file name you used. -Postpaid.ipcc

I have deleted it for now.

I would also like to request to have the APN be: epc.tmobile.com

IF possible i would like to have the ability to change it to what i want since i travel a lot too, but if it doesnt work for now that s fine. As long as i get mms working and tethering!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have another question.. if once i get everything set up - how long should it normally take for the mms to be received?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lencho View Post
    @ SpookyET
    POST iPhone version.3G
    POST iPhone Firmware version. - 3.0
    POST T-Mobile USA voice plan name.- Family plan - My Favs + 400 shared mins.
    POST T-Mobile USA data plan name. - T-Zones
    POST T-Mobile IPCC file name you used. -Postpaid.ipcc

I have deleted it for now.

I would also like to request to have the APN be: epc.tmobile.com

IF possible i would like to have the ability to change it to what i want since i travel a lot too, but if it doesnt work for now that s fine. As long as i get mms working and tethering!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    postpaid.ipcc uses epc.tmobile.com in version 1.0.4.
    postpaid_legacy.ipcc uses internet2.voicestream.com in version 1.0.4

epc.tmobile.com should be the default for all new T-Mobile accounts, at least since the G1 was released, except for BlackBerry and Sidekick.
    internet2.voicestream.com, internet3.voicestream.com, wap.voicestream are for old accounts.
    They'll probably be phased out eventually.

I have another question.. if once i get everything set up - how long should it normally take for the mms to be received?

Thanks!
    EDGE is slow. MMS can have up to 1MiB. It will take a while to send and receive. There is no telling. It seems to be random. It can take minutes to hours.

Quote Originally Posted by JailbreakKilla View Post
    Any of you guys having issues getting this to work give this a try

How to Enable MMS on the iPhone 2G with 3.0 Firmware - SiNfuL iPhone

The guy just updated the thread with some new method that installs via Cydia. It's very simple to install and now I can send and receive mms messages at high quality.
    It don't support 2G phones. It's not a new method.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-02-2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thank you SpookyET, tried the postpaid ipcc file. Works and the settings menu still there. For the uaprof url is it supposed to be http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf OR wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml

Right now it has http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf after installing your postpaid ipcc file, is this correct?

Also I wanted to try the epc.tmobile.com for the MMS apn but that didn't work, so I put it back on wap.voicesteam.com, however I noticed whenever I would touch the mms apn or the data apn, the settings mms apn would not stay/stick in the settings so I just reinstalled your postpaid ipcc file again. Why is this? I have to reinstall your ipcc file everytime I mess with the settings
    Last edited by m600i; 07-02-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m600i View Post
    Thank you SpookyET, tried the postpaid ipcc file. Works and the settings menu still there. For the uaprof url is it supposed to be http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf OR wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml

Right now it has http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf after installing your postpaid ipcc file, is this correct?

Also I wanted to try the epc.tmobile.com for the MMS apn but that didn't work, so I put it back on wap.voicesteam.com, however that wap.voicesteam.com apn would not stay/stick in the settings so I just reinstalled your postpaid ipcc file again. Why is this?
    Stupid T-Mobile doesn't read UAProf. It doesn't currently matter what you put in there, but I keep the official one because the SonyEricsson UAProf has a lot in it that the iPhone does not support. I disabled that the "Cellular Data Network" specifically for that reason. If it works, don't mess around with it. But, there were two vocal users who said that when they travel in US, sometimes epc works, while in other parts wap works, but not epc. So, I enabled it again. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just don't touch it. I'll disable it again in 1.0.5 and let those 2 make their own IPCC files.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-02-2009 at 03:34 PM.

LOL thank you, I was one of those vocal users, sorry about that. Well as long as you can guarantee that overseas when I change the settings, the settings will stay/stick?

epc.tmobile.com should be the default for all new T-Mobile accounts, at least since the G1 was released, except for BlackBerry and Sidekick.
    internet2.voicestream.com, internet3.voicestream.com, wap.voicestream are for old accounts.

**Where do i download the ipcc file version 1.04?

And once i get it just install it through itunes right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m600i View Post
    LOL thank you, I was one of those vocal users, sorry about that. Well as long as you can guarantee that overseas when I change the settings, the settings will stay/stick?
    The best way to guarantee that is to install the contents of Payload via SSH in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ or via Cydia/Icy in there. Right now, they go into a temporary place via Carrier Testing Mode. Insert a different SIM. See what happens. Everything in Cellular Data Network should turn blank if it's an unknown carrier. The menu should disappear if it's a known carrier--one that sells iPhones oversees. That's the official behaviour.

So far, I have no had volunteers to create Cydia/Icy packages.

Thanks
    First post. Top of the thread.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-02-2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Thanks
    Don't double post. Updated zip will always be in the first post of the thread.

SpookyET, if I go overseas with my tmobile SIM and I need to put different settings, with they stay/stick when I'm there roaming?

sorry i didnt mean to... i was in my lunch and i was posting everything from my iphone so it got all weird and i didnt think i posted it so i posted it again.. anyways sorry..

question.. i downloaded one yesterday (from the top of the thread , in the first post) but i cant remember which version it was, when did you update it to 1.0.4?

Thanks!

sorry i didnt mean to... i was in my lunch and i was posting everything from my iphone so it got all weird and i didnt think i posted it so i posted it again.. anyways sorry..

question.. i downloaded one yesterday (from the top of the thread , in the first post) but i cant remember which version it was, when did you update it to 1.0.4?

Thanks!
    This morning.

Cydia Package Creation Hack that Phone - Creating a Cydia repository
    Conflict control http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/...control.5.html

That's a start. Personally, I'd use MacPorts over Fink any day.
    Also, the tutorial is missing information about conflicts.
    You can't install T-Mobile BlackBerry and T-Mobile Sidekick.
    They conflict. The user must be prompted.
    Volunteers?

You must know how to use the BSD system in Terminal. You must know some shell scripting. You must have small knowledge of Git.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 07-02-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

makav911 (07-02-2009)

SpookyET/ironicirony...THANK YOU! I had tried everything and MMS was not working except for receiving. With this...I'm able to send now...takes like 30 secs but it works!!! Thank you so much...i've installed the latest version and it was easy to installed. i have the following
    Tmobile family plan
    $5.99 web
    using epc.tmobile.com
    Iphone 3G with 3.0

Already hit the Thanks tab!!!

Dumb question: if a new version comes out (say 1.0.5)....should we upgrade to the new one, for those who have v. 1.0.4? Thanks again.
    Last edited by makav911; 07-02-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geo411m View Post
    Here's the ipcc I made to work with the G1 data plan. It's the one I've been using on mine and my wife's phone. It uses epc.tmobile.com for both data and MMS, and it has the resolution fix. It has the data menu set to edit and all sub menus under phone are set to work with t-mobile.

Edit: remove the .zip file extension to use.
    This ipcc worked GREAT!!
    iPhone 3G
    t-mo
    5.99 tzones

use this one both incoming and outgoing quality are great!!

Page 10 of 103 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 60 ... LastLast