Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Visual Voicemail option in Cellular Data Network Setting

Default Visual Voicemail option in Cellular Data Network Setting
    I have just found my phone to have input fields for Visual Voicemail in the Cellular Data Networ setting...any way this can come true for U.S. Tmobile users??? using a legit iphone European T-Mo setting might do it? take a look at the screen shot i have taken.

Thanks

Wow...how did you manage to do this?
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

to be honest with you i have no idea it showed up after i got my tethering to work.

Its because you updated the carrier settings ipcc

so do you think its possible to add in a legit working t-mobile visual voicemail APN to make this work?

Thanks

Details on what steps you took for tethering would be appreciated! (Sorry, but hopefully this gets more people involved and may help you more!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ticko View Post
    so do you think its possible to add in a legit working t-mobile visual voicemail APN to make this work?
    We may have to wait until July 16th...This would be awesome!

Visual Voicemail Coming to T-Mobile July 16th?

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...l-this-summer/
    Last edited by adp; 06-26-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ahh....do want visual voicemail It will be better than this freaking YouMail app.

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Details on what steps you took for tethering would be appreciated! (Sorry, but hopefully this gets more people involved and may help you more!)
    I just followed the steps here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ne-safari.html

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ticko For This Useful Post:

adp (06-26-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gumby579 View Post
    Ahh....do want visual voicemail It will be better than this freaking YouMail app.
    I know! It's so annoying to get texts for every missed call! I deleted that app the same day. Hopefully they'll issue some kind of APN when they release visual voicemail on July 16th (which is a rumor itself)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

Ticko (06-26-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone owensdus's Avatar
    Thanks

I havent ever tried to do the tethering until I read this. It is so easy it isnt funny. Plug in your phone turn on the tethering and your on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by owensdus View Post
    I havent ever tried to do the tethering until I read this. It is so easy it isnt funny. Plug in your phone turn on the tethering and your on the internet.
    lol yes they make it super simple its great

Hi.

YouMail's visual voicemail app doesn't require that you get text messages...you can turn them off here: YouMail Sign In

Also, we'd like to understand what else you don't like about our app. We know there's other visual voicemail, but we let you forward messages around easily, we let you use one click to switch your greetings between a set that your record or select from a large library (in a meeting, surfing, etc..), and we let you read your voicemail (with almost perfect transcriptions for a low fee).

Please give us feedback - we're working on 2.0 of our app now, and it's your chance to influence the product and make it great.

Alex
    CEO, YouMail

Alex-
    2 things I'd like to see:
    Push Notifications

Setup for iPhone native visual voicemail. Basically a visual voicemail APN, username, and password I can type in to get my iPhone visual voicemail button to display my youmail voicemails. I'd still use the app to change my greeting, but it'd be nice to not have to quit the phone app and open the youmail app when I want to check a voicemail. I'm not sure this is possible though.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexQuilici View Post
    Hi.

YouMail's visual voicemail app doesn't require that you get text messages...you can turn them off here: YouMail Sign In

Also, we'd like to understand what else you don't like about our app. We know there's other visual voicemail, but we let you forward messages around easily, we let you use one click to switch your greetings between a set that your record or select from a large library (in a meeting, surfing, etc..), and we let you read your voicemail (with almost perfect transcriptions for a low fee).

Please give us feedback - we're working on 2.0 of our app now, and it's your chance to influence the product and make it great.

Alex
    CEO, YouMail
    I for one am very glad to see you guys finally made an iphone app! I would like to see push notifications!

Default Thanks for Feedback
    Thx for the feedback.

You can be assured that push notifications is high on YouMail's list. We had submitted to AppStore long before those were available, which is only reason not in now.

Anyone who can tell us how to redirect VM button inside phone App would be appreciated, given its a common request.

Default visual voicemail option in setting..
    hi,

i followed these direction trying to fix the problem with "apn for mms not saved", the bonus is the visual voicemail setting fields. the direction is a bit hard to follow, u should read very closely if decide to try it. the problem now is that there's a place to input setting but no setting to input... :P

iPhone TIPS: How To Activate MMS on iPhone 2G /w APN Fix | MostOfMyMac.com