Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Missing Edge 'E' Icon after 3.0 update

Default Missing Edge 'E' Icon after 3.0 update
    So, I've been missing my E icon ever since I upgraded my 2G to 3.0. I thought perhaps once Ultrasn0w came out, that might solve the problem. I also tried solving the problem with SBSettings, tried 3 APN's, still no Edge.

Finally today I called T-Mobile. I told the customer rep my problem, and was straight up about owning an iPhone. She said I needed to upgrade my T-Zones, but she did state that I should get an E icon regardless of the data plan.

So, she transferred me to level 3 tech. He was ready and willing to walk me through my settings, but after seeing the t-zones, he pretty much stated that there was not allot he could do, since t-zones is not supported anymore.
    He suggested that I take my SIM into a t-mobile store, and have them put it in a t-mobile supported phone. He said that usually solves this kind of problem.

Just as I was about to hang up, he said "Woah, hang on a sec. This doesn't look right. Turn off your phone."

I did.

"Now turn it back on"

I did - and what do you know - 'E' showed up immediately.
    He said the problem was on his end - that one of the network setting fields was empty. I was sure to confirm he meant on his end, and not mine. He couldn't explain how it happened. He said every once in a awhile the system is checked automatically, and maybe since I had tzones it got confused and cleared out the settings. I asked him if there was a technical name for the settings that was empty, but he wouldn't say. I told him that hopefully I won't have any more problems for the foreseeable future.

He again suggested that I upgrade to a real data plan. I told him I appreciated where he was coming from, but that the t-zones has been working great for me, and if I could afford higher plan, I would consider it, especially if for some reason this begins to be a common occurrence. I'd prob just switch to AT&T then.

Overall, it was a very pleasant conversation. Very helpful.

Hope this helps someone else

my e has gone missing and i havent even upgraded to 3.0 yet. im still using 2.2.1 with gevey turbo sim. but my acct doesnt show im paying for tzones, it mysteriously shows tmobile web

Mine says Tmobileweb on the website as well. That is normal for t-zones. The tech even said tzones when he was talking to me.

My E has been replaced with the 3G icon after updating to 3.0 and I'm still on T-zones. Weird...