+ Reply
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How is your MMS picture resolution?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My incoming MMS pictures are coming in VERY LOW resolution. is this happening to anyone else? Cause it looks like crap really, compared to the high quality pics that SwirlyMMS
    Thanks

Default How is your MMS picture resolution?
    My incoming MMS pictures are coming in VERY LOW resolution. is this happening to anyone else? Cause it looks like crap really, compared to the high quality pics that SwirlyMMS would give me.

Is there a way to make them come in better? Because it seriously seems that they are coming in about the size of a thumbnail, and when I tap them to view them full screen they look terrible.

PLEASE tell me there is a solution, cause I love the integration, but its almost not worth it if they look like that.

UPDATE: PLEASE VIEW THIS POST AND YOUR ALL SET!!!! I CAN CONFIRM THIS WORKS!
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/4666521-post129.html
    Last edited by reznor9; 07-10-2009 at 02:12 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This was always the case when using swirly and you had to change the phone profile to fix it. Since there's no integrated option for this I don't know how to fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Thats true... when it was set to iPhone it came in like crap.. when you set it to say Motorola V3 or whatever it would come in beautify...
    Hope someone makes a tweak for these settings. Cause these picture messages are unusable to me in their current state...
    They look like they were taken with the first prototype of the first digital camera ever made... in a stunning .25mega pixels.
    Last edited by reznor9; 06-23-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm curious about the ones you SEND though.. do those come out ok on other peoples' phones?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The pictures I get are in a horrible resolution, also. I sent one to my Pre and it came out wonderful. My girlfriend's BB on Sprint received at a high res, too. Maybe maximum file size? Got me...

Thanks

I also have been trying to tweek the pic resolution but they still look crapy, in swirly i was using a n59 and the pics were perfect..
    hopefully someone can tweek something..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I'm curious about the ones you SEND though.. do those come out ok on other peoples' phones?
    pictures comeout great that i send to other phones... its the incoming that degrades the pic quality

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

try these strings

APN:"epc.tmobile.com"
    MMSC:"http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc"
    MMS Proxy:"216.155.165.50:8080"

< pix keep better resolution.

Credit goes to isurf from his twitter. supposedly the pics keep better resolution. i'm testing it now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having the same freakin problem and I can't believe Apple would release this crap feature and call it MMS! I sent a mms from an email to my phone and i couldn't even recognize the persons face...

Maybe this is the reason ATT is not turning the mms feature on until end of summer...Maybe they will send out a new firmware...

Quote Originally Posted by aftnine View Post
    try these strings

Credit goes to isurf from his twitter. supposedly the pics keep better resolution. i'm testing it now.
    I've been using this settings and its the same resolution as wap.voicestream.com
    Last edited by meghalc; 06-23-2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meghalc View Post
    I am having the same freakin problem and I can't believe Apple would release this crap feature and call it MMS! I sent a mms from an email to my phone and i couldn't even recognize the persons face...

Maybe this is the reason ATT is not turning the mms feature on until end of summer...Maybe they will send out a new firmware...

I've been using this settings and its the same resolution as wap.voicestream.com
    did you reboot though? It might make a difference... Im trying it now..
    I will confirm.. this makes no difference at all. MMS sucks! lol
    Last edited by reznor9; 06-23-2009 at 03:33 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    did you reboot though? It might make a difference... Im trying it now
    Yes, I rebooted! No difference. Let me know how yours turns out.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftnine View Post
    try these strings

I tried both settings and they are the same resolution. You guys think it has anything to do with the maximum picture size setting?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gumby579 View Post
    I tried both settings and they are the same resolution. You guys think it has anything to do with the maximum picture size setting?
    Yes, I think it has something to do with max. pic size...I think iphone compresses the images before it shows them in the message!

If it's Tmobile doing this, than we might be in big trouble!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meghalc View Post
    Yes, I think it has something to do with max. pic size...I think iphone compresses the images before it shows them in the message!

If it's Tmobile doing this, than we might be in big trouble!
    I don't think it's T-mo because Swirly worked great without compressing them...with the right settings, lol. Guess it's just going to take toying around with.

adp
    Thanks

Hmm...There might be a solution to this problem if the iPhone is compressing the pictures. But if it's T-mobile, then we're screwed. I don't think a 3rd party app can mess with the network so that it doesn't compress pictures.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I remember a post i found when I was using a nokia e61 on tmobile that if tmobile doesn't have the phone listed as supported, it automatically resizes the image to 160x120

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmerlos View Post
    I remember a post i found when I was using a nokia e61 on tmobile that if tmobile doesn't have the phone listed as supported, it automatically resizes the image to 160x120
    This is true. I tested it and it makes sense. I sent a MMS to my girlfriend's phone (who also has T-mobile), and she got the pic in pretty good resolution (took about 2min to download). When I got her picture, it got to my phone almost as quick as a normal text. The resolution sucks. I don't think anyone can really mess with these settings to prevent this from happening. Seems like we might be out of luck.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Unless someone knows how to change the phone mms user agent to a known tmobile phone. My xperia used to get small mms picture until I went into the registry and change the user agent to a Nokia N95, now my pictures are comming and out great. I believe same case with the iphone, just dont know where to look.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I believe the dev-team is going to have to come out with a patch in the next redsn0w to fix this issue; just because they are so freakin talented! If not them, I hope someone posts the patch on cydia or something soon!!!

spread the word on the mms problem so someone makes a patch soon!

Thanks

I bet there is a way to do this. Its beyond me, but there has to be a way. If you can make tweaks that enable emoji, battery percentage meter, and other things like the supreme preferences do, then for sure someone can hack this and make the phone register as something different... I mean, SwirlyMMS was/is able to do this. I just hope someone does it soon... cause I really dont want to have to purchase swirly again...

+ Reply
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast