+ Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How is your MMS picture resolution?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
thanks ironicirony, now idk if i want to keep MMS integrated or not...i thin im gonna wait until dev team fixes ultrasn0w and just keep using swirly until then, but
    Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks ironicirony, now idk if i want to keep MMS integrated or not...i thin im gonna wait until dev team fixes ultrasn0w and just keep using swirly until then, but thanks for the fix so much!!! i'm going to update my girlfriends 2G tomorrow and just use the integrated MMS on hers since you said that the signal problem isnt as bad on it.

btw i posted your files over on xsellize, i made sure to give you proper credit. I hope it is allright. However, if it's not allright, just let me know in a PM and i'll take them down. Thanks again!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by izbitu View Post
    I'm confused just like a lot of other ppl are. do i edit the carrier.plist file in /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle? that file has just this in it:

bplist00LVADOR.pngdafone P.pngHhi
    %6@]}
    )*;Gef&12COmn:KWrs

what do i exactly have to do?
    It's binary, you can convert that file here. Most likely however if you've never edited a plist on your phone this isn't the best place to start out. If you're on T-Mobile US you may just want to use the IPCC I posted in this thread along with the instructions RaginAsian55 posted here.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironicirony View Post
    **Edit** If you use wap for both then you can download either bundle and manually change it after installation and reboot...
    What is that mean change it manually to what? he means change it from epc.tmobile.com to wap.voicestream.com in the mms settings on iphone cause this bundle will have epc.tmobile.com saved in the MMS APN? I use wap.voicestream.com as of now
    Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

one more quick question...i edited my carrier.plist and the pics are showing up all choppy and poor like they were before...when i used the whole epc ipcc file before, the pics came out great..problem is epc was extremely slow...wap.voicestream.com is very fast on my phone, can i still use wap for internet with the epc.tmobile.com ipcc file in this thread?? or do i have to epc?

Green Apple
    Thanks

What is that mean change it manually to what? he means change it from epc.tmobile.com to wap.voicestream.com in the mms settings on iphone cause this bundle will have epc.tmobile.com saved in the MMS APN? I use wap.voicestream.com as of now
    Thanks
    Both bundles I posted use wap.voicestream.com for MMS. If you need a data APN other than internet2 or epc you should be able to install either bundle, go to Settings -> General -> Network ->Cellular Data Network -> and specify whatever APN you need under the Cellular Data section.

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    one more quick question...i edited my carrier.plist and the pics are showing up all choppy and poor like they were before...when i used the whole epc ipcc file before, the pics came out great..problem is epc was extremely slow...wap.voicestream.com is very fast on my phone, can i still use wap for internet with the epc.tmobile.com ipcc file in this thread?? or do i have to epc?
    Different question, same answer as above. :-)
    Last edited by ironicirony; 06-30-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

sorry for all the questions guys...ok so i used the internet2 ipcc here and changed the data apn to wap...but my edge is still really slow, it wasn't this slow before i updated my ipcc file, is it because of this file tweek?
    and second the first time i used this ipcc file, my gf who is also on tmobile with a 3g sent me a pic that came out perfect...but second time around reinstalling this ipcc file, my mms pictures are showing up like this

any ideas why all of the sudden my pics are this bad? i'm so confused

Green Apple
    Thanks

sorry for all the questions guys...ok so i used the internet2 ipcc here and changed the data apn to wap...but my edge is still really slow, it wasn't this slow before i updated my ipcc file, is it because of this file tweek?
    and second the first time i used this ipcc file, my gf who is also on tmobile with a 3g sent me a pic that came out perfect...but second time around reinstalling this ipcc file, my mms pictures are showing up like this

any ideas why all of the sudden my pics are this bad? i'm so confused
    Shouldn't really be anything in the Carrier Settings that slows things down. As for the image quality I'm at a loss. I could guess that it may be related to the speed issue. I know it sounds silly but have you tried rebooting?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oh man now I'm trying to update itunes to accept ipcc files but its not working.
    i typed in the command prompt what user phreakwenci advised (“%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1) but i get an error, incorrect something... sux
    Why don't somebody make it so we can update it through cydia...
    Last edited by izbitu; 06-30-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

oh man now I'm trying to update itunes to accept ipcc files but its not working.
    i typed in the command prompt what user phreakwenci advised (%ProgramFiles%iTunesiTunes.exe /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1) but i get an error, incorrect something... sux
    I've never seen windows give that error... ;-)

If you can post exactly what the error is I'm sure someone can tell you what's wrong.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ironicirony For This Useful Post:

izbitu (06-30-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've never seen windows give that error... ;-)

If you can post exactly what the error is I'm sure someone can tell you what's wrong.
    hey would it be possible for u to upload the modified carrier.plist
    so i could just swap them?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Shouldn't really be anything in the Carrier Settings that slows things down. As for the image quality I'm at a loss. I could guess that it may be related to the speed issue. I know it sounds silly but have you tried rebooting?
    yeah i've rebooted after the install...i'm think about just restoring and redoing j/b unlock and starting fresh again...maybe i can get it back to the way it was the first time around..there is not way of converting things back before the update without restoring is there?

update: weird thing just happened..i tried once more to send a pic to my phone from my gf phone i get this ballon saying the image has been deleted, then a few seconds later i get a text from tmobile saying that i have a message and i can log onto tmobile to view...i did and it was the pic that i tried to send myself..i wonder why it got kicked to my online album...weird...yeah i think i'm gunna restore and start fresh again
    Last edited by lunercrab; 06-30-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey would it be possible for u to upload the modified carrier.plist
    so i could just swap them?
    You can download the zip'd ipcc file. Unzip it. Then rename it from whatever.ipcc to whatever.zip and unzip it again. Inside there is a Payload file that has all the associated files within it.

yeah i've rebooted after the install...i'm think about just restoring and redoing j/b unlock and starting fresh again...maybe i can get it back to the way it was the first time around..there is not way of converting things back before the update without restoring is there?
    You could ssh into the phone and delete the carrier bundle, but I'm not sure what kinda of mileage that would get you. If you do go the restore route don't restore from backup when you're done, if you do it will most likely just bring you right back where you are.

If you're looking at the restore option now it might not hurt to try the Carrier Bundle in this thread. It has a bit more mileage on it than mine and has now been updated to include the MMS resolution fix.
    Last edited by ironicirony; 06-30-2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK this is my problem! i tried both but for some reason everytime i tried to send a pic it gave the red (!), looked back in the network settings and the mms APN was missing .

so i renamed the .ipcc ( both the Epn and internet2 ) and i looked at the carrier bundle ,
    <key>GroupModeEnabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>MMSC</key>
    <string>http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms</string>
    <key>Proxy</key>
    <string>216.155.165.50:80</string>
    <key>UAProf</key>
    <string>http://wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml</string>
    <key>UserAgent</key>
    <string>SonyEricssonW800i/R1L</string>
    <key>Version</key>
    <string>2.0</string>
    on the mmsc : hhtp:// in front of the IP number?
    on the proxy you missing :8080 not just 80

and also i use internet3.voicestream.com
    can anyone mod this .ipcc file for me. LINK
    and just add the
    <key>UAProf</key>
    <string>http://wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml</string>
    <key>UserAgent</key>
    <string>SonyEricssonW800i/R1L</string>
    to it ... PLEASE!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gabesir View Post
    OK this is my problem! i tried both but for some reason everytime i tried to send a pic it gave the red (!), looked back in the network settings and the mms APN was missing .

so i renamed the .ipcc ( both the Epn and internet2 ) and i looked at the carrier bundle ,

and just add the to it ... PLEASE!!!!
    Have you tried an IPCC from this thread?

As far as the MMSC and Proxy... it's working fine for two phones here and apparently many others. The internet3.voicestream APN... you should be able to set that manually in the Settings.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i will try those next! thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can download the zip'd ipcc file. Unzip it. Then rename it from whatever.ipcc to whatever.zip and unzip it again. Inside there is a Payload file that has all the associated files within it.

You could ssh into the phone and delete the carrier bundle, but I'm not sure what kinda of mileage that would get you. If you do go the restore route don't restore from backup when you're done, if you do it will most likely just bring you right back where you are.

If you're looking at the restore optionI now it might not hurt to try the Carrier Bundle in this thread. It has a bit more mileage on it than mine and has now been updated to include the MMS resolution fix.
    ok finaly got it to work I replaced the carrier.plist file with the one provided in the payload folder. Now I get perfect pics!! Thanks ironicirony (;

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If you're looking at the restore option now it might not hurt to try the Carrier Bundle in this thread. It has a bit more mileage on it than mine and has now been updated to include the MMS resolution fix.
    i'm re-jb as we speak..yeah i saw that bundle...so i'm guessing the first page of the post with the download file has been updated with the new mms settings correct? also when i download the zip, and i rename the .zip to .ipcc does it matter what the ipcc file is called...i mean could i just name it say Tmobile.ipcc or does it have to have a specific name?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am trying to edit the carrier.plist by using PropertyList Editor and it seems that I can't save the changes...can anyone help me thanks.... :'(

Green Apple
    Thanks

i'm re-jb as we speak..yeah i saw that bundle...so i'm guessing the first page of the post with the download file has been updated with the new mms settings correct? also when i download the zip, and i rename the .zip to .ipcc does it matter what the ipcc file is called...i mean could i just name it say Tmobile.ipcc or does it have to have a specific name?
    yes, the file in the first post of that thread is updated. No, the name does not matter.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i'm re-jb as we speak..yeah i saw that bundle...so i'm guessing the first page of the post with the download file has been updated with the new mms settings correct? Also when i download the zip, and i rename the .zip to .ipcc does it matter what the ipcc file is called...i mean could i just name it say tmobile.ipcc or does it have to have a specific name?

do not rename the file to ipcc. The zip contains four (4) ipcc files.

Quote Originally Posted by gabesir View Post

and just add the to it ... PLEASE!!!!
    I am willing to publish a VPN IPCC if your or someone else will give me all the information. VPN has a lot of settings, a lot more than just the internet3 apn.
    If you figure it out, comment at http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...er-bundle.html
    Last edited by SpookyET; 06-30-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast