Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How is your MMS picture resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by sirganon View Post
    ok first off thanks a ton for figuring this out. so awesome to be able to get good quality images now.

i used the first ipcc file that was posted like two pages back
    "TMobile_US_UAFaking.ipcc.zip"
    and it worked but now my carrier says T-Mobile in the corner instead of using the images i have in winterboard. here is how i have it setup:

Theme.themeBundlescom.apple.UnknownDefault_CARRIER _TMOBILE.png and FSO_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png

it was working just fine before i changed the ipcc to get MMS to work right. any help is greatly appreciated
    I'm having the same problem too, I haven't used an ipcc before, so now I'm kinda confused on what to rename my winterboard carrier logo. I used the second package you posted with internet2 and wap settings, ironicirony any help would be much appreciated
    Apple iPhone 3Gs: redsn0w 4.1 (8B117)
    Modem FW: 5.13.04 Unlocked: Ultrasn0w
    Preferred Apps: Cydia, Winterboard, 1nstall0us, Orbit, and SBSettings
    Don't Start None, Won't Be None. Get On... Before Ya Get Spit On

this is the first time ive used an ipcc.

ok so i'm having a bit of problems here...i updated my ipcc file with the one on here for the "internet2" and when i try to get onto the web via edge, i i instantly get this error message "could not activate cellular data network: you are not subscribed to a cellular data service" edge worked before, mms is working and pics look great, but i'm having issues connecting on the web...how do i fix this?

Ok so i'm not sure if i'm doing this right or not...i downloaded the ipcc file and i just renamed the whole zip file to "Tmobile.ipcc" is that correct? should i have named it to something else? or was i supposed to unzip the file and then rename it? i'm alittle confused?
    Last edited by lunercrab; 06-30-2009 at 07:42 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ok first off thanks a ton for figuring this out. so awesome to be able to get good quality images now.

i used the first ipcc file that was posted like two pages back
    "TMobile_US_UAFaking.ipcc.zip"
    and it worked but now my carrier says T-Mobile in the corner instead of using the images i have in winterboard. here is how i have it setup:

Theme.themeBundlescom.apple.UnknownDefault_CARRIER _TMOBILE.png and FSO_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png

it was working just fine before i changed the ipcc to get MMS to work right. any help is greatly appreciated
    What I did was place the carrier.plist and info.plist from TMobile_us.bundle and copy them into the Unkown.bundle folder and that worked for me. I kept my glowing TMobile carrier images.

Quote Originally Posted by 96hondaex View Post
    What I did was place the carrier.plist and info.plist from TMobile_us.bundle and copy them into the Unkown.bundle folder and that worked for me. I kept my glowing TMobile carrier images.
    only problem with that is I don't have a Tmobile us.bundle, even though I live here in the us. Am I suppose to have one???

i dont have a TMobile_us.bundle. where did u find that at?

Thanks

i dont have a TMobile_us.bundle. where did u find that at?
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/

i dont have that folder in my Carrier Bundles folder.

nor do I, I've owned an iPhone for 1 year and a half, and have never seen a tmobile us.bundle in my carrier list

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LK Th3Myth View Post
    nor do I, I've owned an iPhone for 1 year and a half, and have never seen a tmobile us.bundle in my carrier list
    Sorry I forgot to add I took it from the T-Mobile_US_UAFaking.ipcc.zip file on here and uploaded onto my iPhone.

ok well thanks 96hondaex. you telling me that let me figure out how to fix it. rename the folder for your carrier images theme from com.apple.Unknown to:

com.apple.TMobile_us

and your carrier icon will work!!!
    Last edited by sirganon; 06-30-2009 at 08:20 PM.

I've got both zips from this thread and still don't see a tmobile us.bundle, I've only used the second one. Are we suppose to use both, I just wanna find out were my carrier images are

okkk I see the bundle, but changin my theme to Tmobile_us doesn't work... this is so damn frustrating
    Last edited by LK Th3Myth; 06-30-2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

did u change it to Tmobile_us or TMobile_us (notice the M's)? i dont know if the case of the M will change anything

and i didnt copy over any files like 96hondaex, all i did was change the name of that folder

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sirganon For This Useful Post:

LK Th3Myth (06-30-2009)

That was it, thanks so much... that thru me for a loop

no problem, im glad i got it too haha

ok guys well i got the internet working with the epc file...but it's extremely slow...my phone used the wap apn for the internet...can i change the apn to use wap instead again?

honestly i'd rather just ssh the info into my phone, but i'm getting lost...i know i'm supposed to type in the following:

<key>UAProf</key>
    <string>http://wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml</string>
    <key>UserAgent</key>
    <string>SonyEricssonW800i/R1L</string>

correct? but i'm lost as to where i put this in? i know u guys said the "carrier.plist", is that the carrier.plist in the mobile/library/carrierbundle.bundle, or is it the carrier.plist located in one of the Tmobile folders? and where exactly does this go? just in the carrier.plist anywhere or somewhere specific?
    Last edited by lunercrab; 06-30-2009 at 09:31 PM.

guys do any of you have push notifications and MMS working just fine on your 3g? i found that if i enable MMS, my t-mobile ultrasn0w signal becomes very unstable, just goes away randomly and gives me a "No Sim Found" message...
    would using one of the ippc files here help at all?
    im gonna upload the ippc and try it out anyway but just wanted some feedback, i know i've read on big boss' blog that people have been having the push/mms signal problems... just wondering if anyones found a fix

For anyone who stumbles upon this and really wants to play around with things.

I used the Sony Ericson User Agent because it provides a pretty good resolution without mucking things up. The Nokia N95 string produces a better resolution but doesn't seem to work with larger images. Google can be your friend, if you want something different all you need to find is the User Agent string from a different phone that your carrier supports. In the case of TMobile USA I've still seen no evidence that they parse the UAProf XML (for other carriers however you might need that also). Outside of the UA string string your received MMS resolution has nothing to do with the phone, MMS messages are resized on the server to save the carrier bandwidth.

And for those on the quest to make things work the way they want them to... here's a full list of strings in CommCenter that apply to MMS settings in Carrier Bundles.

MMSC
    Proxy
    UserAgent
    UAString
    UAProf
    Version
    MaxMessageSize
    EnableAck
    IgnoresIntlDataRoaming
    OnWhileRoaming
    ProvisioningAddress
    ProvisioningMessageFormat
    ProvisioningMessageType

There are at least 20 different carrier bundles for T-Mo US alone that people have asked me to look at because they don't want to loose a carrier logo or some other setting. If you can't ssh into your phone to directly edit the carrier settings or don't know how to edit your IPCC I'd suggest you point whoever originally created your bundle to this thread so they can update it. I was thrilled to find this, and more than happy to share it with the community, but I can't personally modify every carrier bundle out there.

If all else fails there are a couple great tutorials linked in this thread on how to do things.

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    ok guys well i got the internet working with the epc file...but it's extremely slow...my phone used the wap apn for the internet...can i change the apn to use wap instead again?

honestly i'd rather just ssh the info into my phone, but i'm getting lost...i know i'm supposed to type in the following:

<key>UAProf</key>
    <string>http://wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml</string>
    <key>UserAgent</key>
    <string>SonyEricssonW800i/R1L</string>

correct? but i'm lost as to where i put this in? i know u guys said the "carrier.plist", is that the carrier.plist in the mobile/library/carrierbundle.bundle, or is it the carrier.plist located in one of the Tmobile folders? and where exactly does this go? just in the carrier.plist anywhere or somewhere specific?

It will depend entirely upon which carrier bundle you are using. I'd start with looking to see if you have "/private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle"

Quote Originally Posted by colmiak View Post
    im gonna upload the ippc and try it out anyway but just wanted some feedback, i know i've read on big boss' blog that people have been having the push/mms signal problems... just wondering if anyones found a fix
    I don't think the IPCC will help at all. I've got two phones here, a 3G unlocked with UltraSn0w and a 2G unlocked with RedSn0w. The 3G has far more of an issue with signal drop-out than the 2g. Both seem to be affected however.
    Last edited by ironicirony; 06-30-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ironicirony For This Useful Post:

colmiak (06-30-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by ironicirony View Post
    It will depend entirely upon which carrier bundle you are using. I'd start with looking to see if you have "/private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle"
    yeah i got screwed up...me like a dummy i was using the shortcut var to get into library instead of thru private/ and that was taking me to a different carrier.plist, but i found my tmobile folder now...will try and see how it works...thanks..

I'm confused just like a lot of other ppl are. do i edit the carrier.plist file in /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle? that file has just this in it:

bplist00LVADOR.pngdafone P.pngHhiž
    %6@\]}Ž–
    )*;Gefˆ™&12COmn:KWrs’“”–

what do i exactly have to do?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast