Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How is your MMS picture resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    I bet there is a way to do this. Its beyond me, but there has to be a way. If you can make tweaks that enable emoji, battery percentage meter, and other things like the supreme preferences do, then for sure someone can hack this and make the phone register as something different... I mean, SwirlyMMS was/is able to do this. I just hope someone does it soon... cause I really dont want to have to purchase swirly again...
    I agree with you 100%. it might be very simple fix just like some of the sbsetting fixes. Even the next sbsetting can have this to fix this issue.

Thanks

I bet there is a way to do this. Its beyond me, but there has to be a way. If you can make tweaks that enable emoji, battery percentage meter, and other things like the supreme preferences do, then for sure someone can hack this and make the phone register as something different... I mean, SwirlyMMS was/is able to do this. I just hope someone does it soon... cause I really dont want to have to purchase swirly again...
    Registering the phone as something different, however, enables for the change of the IMEI. This is illegal. But I'm sure if one of us tries doing this, the person will definitely get the MMS with the right resolution.

Unfortunately, as much as I want this to be fixed, it's a bit more complicated than it seems.

Maybe a carrier file modification? Or, who knows maybe you can call T-mobile and tell them to fix it on their end

Basically, there needs to be some kind of patch for the iphone that registers the phone as something else. I dont think IMEI matters but if the iphone registers as a razr or something else, all would be fixed. Like the earlier poster said, it worked fine in swirleymms when registering as a different phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meghalc View Post
    Basically, there needs to be some kind of patch for the iphone that registers the phone as something else. I dont think IMEI matters but if the iphone registers as a razr or something else, all would be fixed. Like the earlier poster said, it worked fine in swirleymms when registering as a different phone.
    Agreed. Just a matter of someone making a patch Hopefully sooner than later! My gf loves send me pictures (if you catch my drift) and I just hate them being blurry!

okay guys, i'm not even on OS 3.0 yet so i cant test this myself so im asking someone to experiment for me here (im not liable for your damages ;p)

i remember when i couldnt get swirly to work i had to go to this website to get tmobile to send me some settings directly and then it got me going with swirly.
    the site is: T-Mobile Wireless Data Configurator
    follow these steps:
    1. click begin, choose sony erirsson for manufacturer
    2. choose W800i for handset
    3. select Picture Messaging (MMS) as the service
    4. fill in the captcha and your mobile number and click send configuration

now when i did back in swirly, it sent an mms with some config settings and swirly asked me if i wanted to use those configurations, i clicked yes and it did some stuff automatically and got swirly working for me

im not sure how the MMS will show up with the intergrated SMS/MMS app in 3.0 but its worth a try

i'll probably be loading 3.0 onto my phone tomorrow so i'll test it out myself and update my post with my findingss

Quote Originally Posted by colmiak View Post
    okay guys, i'm not even on OS 3.0 yet so i cant test this myself so im asking someone to experiment for me here (im not liable for your damages ;p)

i remember when i couldnt get swirly to work i had to go to this website to get tmobile to send me some settings directly and then it got me going with swirly.
    follow these steps:

now when i did back in swirly, it sent an mms with some config settings and swirly asked me if i wanted to use those configurations, i clicked yes and it did some stuff automatically and got swirly working for me

im not sure how the MMS will show up with the intergrated SMS/MMS app in 3.0 but its worth a try

i'll probably be loading 3.0 onto my phone tomorrow so i'll test it out myself and update my post with my findingss
    They have the iphone/3g listed but no mms settings available in the drop menu just email/internet...but maybe mms is soon to come since 3.0 just came out maybe tmo is behind

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by colmiak View Post

follow these steps:

I wouldn't suggest trying this on 3.0 - I just did and it stopped me from MMS. I had to reset my settings and type everything back again, because right after I did this my MMS stopped sending (showed as sent, but recipient did not receive anything). It works again, but obviously this stops MMS and doesn't improve quality. Thanks for the solution though. I just never got the "Would you like to change your settings" message on the iPhone's messaging app.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

9. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

colmiak (06-27-2009)

ok so i did some experimenting sending MMS to my friend's Palm Pre on sprint and Black Berry Curve on Tmobile and they both received my pictures perfectly. It was only when I was sending my MMS to another Iphone on Tmobile that we got the bad resolution problem. What have you guys experienced?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aftnine View Post
    ok so i did some experimenting sending MMS to my friend's Palm Pre on sprint and Black Berry Curve on Tmobile and they both received my pictures perfectly. It was only when I was sending my MMS to another Iphone on Tmobile that we got the bad resolution problem. What have you guys experienced?

I have the same poblem, when I send to any normal phone, they get really good resolution. But when I receive from anyone or send myself an mms, it sucks. So we conclude it's t
    mobiles fault, hopefully it can be patched. They recognize the iPhone as not compatible and lower the res. It's probably ilegal to make it compatible tho
    Last edited by adp; 06-27-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    I have the same poblem, when I send to any normal phone, they get really good resolution. But when I receive from anyone or send myself an mms, it sucks. So we conclude it's t
    mobiles fault, hopefully it can be patched. They recognize the iPhone as not compatible and lower the res. It's probably ilegal to make it compatible tho
    I wouldnt think its illegal to support it.. they have support on the T-Mobile website to support the iPhone internet settings.. so I dont see why they couldnt add the same for the MMS settings... probably just a matter of time. And since T-Mobile is an official iPhone carrier in other countries such as Germany, I would think that these settings should be fairly easy to port??? But who knows...

Thanks

I wouldnt think its illegal to support it.. they have support on the T-Mobile website to support the iPhone internet settings.. so I dont see why they couldnt add the same for the MMS settings... probably just a matter of time. And since T-Mobile is an official iPhone carrier in other countries such as Germany, I would think that these settings should be fairly easy to port??? But who knows...
    True...but if you go on mytmobile.com, the iphone doesn't show in the supported devices

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    True...but if you go on mytmobile.com, the iphone doesn't show in the supported devices
    Well they dont actually provide support for the iPhone but they do provide support for their service. And seeing as how it is legal to use any unlocked phone on any carrier, the service provider would have to give support to make sure their service will work on your unlocked phone. Make sense?

Called Tmobile, Their teir 3 support for unsupported devices says stick with swirly for now.

He could not find a good reason for the poor incoming message quality, or a setting to rectify it.

Ok everytime I add a APN in my MMS settings it goes away but all the other settings stay there. any one know why?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ive tried the nokia n95 for a user agent in the UA prof url in settings does no good, its only on incoming so theres gotta be a setting in the iphone that drops the resolution when it comes to the phone, because it worked on swirly no problem, cant be a t-mobile thing

Quote Originally Posted by justinclark View Post
    Well they dont actually provide support for the iPhone but they do provide support for their service. And seeing as how it is legal to use any unlocked phone on any carrier, the service provider would have to give support to make sure their service will work on your unlocked phone. Make sense?

T-Mobile USA has a whole department dedicated to the iPhone.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to seh6183 For This Useful Post:

justinclark (06-30-2009)

Yea but that defeats the whole purpose of number-to-number MMS. I think it has something to do with the "Max image size" setting. We need to figure that one out in the MMS settings

Please try this bundle for MMS and tethering: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundle.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast