Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G S and Universal Sim?

Default iPhone 3G S and Universal Sim?
    I was wondering if anyone tried to use a Universal-Sim (UNIVERSAL-SIM — The ultimate universal unlock SIM) for the 3G S.

....Or I was wondering if anyone knows why people HAVEN'T tried it. I'm willing to be a guinea pig bug I figured someone would have tried this by now.

I'd love to get this working on T-Mobile without waiting around for the software method.

Ba-bump
    Last edited by bohsocks; 06-20-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by bohsocks View Post
    I was wondering if anyone tried to use a Universal-Sim (UNIVERSAL-SIM The ultimate universal unlock SIM) for the 3G S.

....Or I was wondering if anyone knows why people HAVEN'T tried it. I'm willing to be a guinea pig bug I figured someone would have tried this by now.

I'd love to get this working on T-Mobile without waiting around for the software method.

Ba-bump
    Well, I have a 3GS that will be sitting around until someone comes up with a method to unlock it... However, the 3.0 3G and 3GS both have a modem firmware of 04.26.08 whereas the Universal-Sim only works with 02.30.03.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daiskei For This Useful Post:

bohsocks (06-20-2009)

Thanks

I guess I'm in the same boat as you -- good thing I've got a semi-damp G1

hi, but with a universal sim I can skip the activaton iphone-itunes????

Thanks

This thread is old. No need to use a universal SIM. Just jailbreak and unlock. That will hacktivate your phone
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

damn this thread is almost a year old!