Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Switch t-mobile? Please HELP!

Default Switch t-mobile? Please HELP!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay first id like to say that i know these have probably been answered a lot of times on here but i just wanna get everything straigt.

I am considering switching from AT&T(dont get good service) to T-Mobile but i have a few questions:

1) What plan would i have to get to make sure i get everything without going over on data. *NOTE: Minutes do not matter i only need the lowest amount. But i need unlimited data*
    So what plans would i need to include?

2) If i cancel my contract with A&TT early i wont have to turn my iphone 3g in with it, correct? So I can use to on t-mobile?

3) Im almost positive i have to get a black berry plan so would that mean id have to buy a black berry? or could i just get a cheap free phone then put my sim in the iphone?

4) Will i get all the features? Youtube, appstore, mms??

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS!
    No signature spam or links... Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 10,181 Times in 6,199 Posts

weird, I posted to this thread over an hour ago. but yet it says 6:39
    And I'm not drunk either, this time anyway.

Call T-Mo they will set you up. $24.99 I believe
    You keep the phone.
    No B/B
    Yes, you get it all with a data plan.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

jcraven8081 (06-18-2009)

your not drunk lol...i think MMI deleted it for some reason.

ok u said call t-mobile, but i cant tell them im using it for the iphone correct?
    and also is this illegal (not that it really matters) i just heard that its actually legal to unlock your phone in the US or something?

You just gotta sign up for the 19.99 data plan its unlimited, T-mobile doesnt care if your using an iPhone at all. youtube, appstore and all that works...mms though is another story. I think you have to mess with some settings or something to get it to work in 3.0, theres another thread here talkin about that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcraven8081 View Post
    your not drunk lol...i think MMI deleted it for some reason.

ok u said call t-mobile, but i cant tell them im using it for the iphone correct?
    and also is this illegal (not that it really matters) i just heard that its actually legal to unlock your phone in the US or something?
    T-Mo knows what fone ur using by the imei, so be honest with them.
    Not illegal at all

7. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

jcraven8081 (06-18-2009)

wait wait so i could walk in there with my iphone (unlocked) and tell them i need a plan to go with it? and they wont question me?

Thanks

yup, or you could do it on line or fone

10. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

jcraven8081 (06-18-2009)

ok thanks again...and sorry but a few more questions...since i would be signing up new and would get the rebates for a cheaper say blackberry could i get a blackberry (200$ with rebates) then sell it for more on ebay and just take the sim card out? would that sim card work with my iphone 3g if i just unlock it thru cydia and put it in my iphone?

Thanks

sim card will work on anything as long as it is unlocked, and the unlock come from UktraSnow, not Cydia but no biggy.
    You'll figure it out.
    Go to T-Mo live chat and ask some questions or give them a call.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

jcraven8081 (06-19-2009)

alright man thanks i just wanted to get everything straight before i switch

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just spoke with a tmobile rep yesterday who said that you need the 34.99 plan now for the iphone. just a heads up. i'm going to run my 19.99 sidekick plan as long as possible.

sucks im still using tzone 5.99

will tmobile 3g work on the new 3gs
    Last edited by dennny; 06-19-2009 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allihasheart View Post
    i just spoke with a tmobile rep yesterday who said that you need the 34.99 plan now for the iphone. just a heads up. i'm going to run my 19.99 sidekick plan as long as possible.
    NO! NO! DO NOT GET THE 34.99 PLAN!!! Get the Web2Go plan. its $9.99 for unlimited data! I have the $19.99 unlimited data + unlimited text. They recently changed their Web2Go plans to where it does not limit you to 100mb. So you can pay $9.99 and get the Web2Go. BUT make sure you call from a dumbphone.

If they know you have an iPhone, they will offer the same plan as they offer for the HTC Phone (T-Mobile G1). I called from my old Nokia and got it. TRUST ME they are both the same speed, the new $34.99 plan is just an excuse to steal money away from smartphone users...which is not bad when you have 3G speeds. However, us iPhone users on T-mobile only get EDGE, so why pay more when you can get the crappy speed for less?

Let me know if you have any questions, but please do not get the $34.99 plan! They tried doing that with me and I almost switched over to AT&T, because I would have been paying the same amount for data that a AT&T user would get with 3G speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by dennny View Post

We don't know yet, there is an unlock for 3.0 firmware but the 3GS has not been jailbroken...YET....
    Last edited by adp; 06-19-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

jcraven8081 (06-19-2009)

Thanks

Thanks button would help me out!

adp thanks sooo much!

but a few more questions....

so its probably not a good idea to walk in there with my iphone b/c they will charge me the 35$? and if so what kind of phone would i need to get(even tho id just be selling it) to get the 20$ plan? figuring i cant get a blackberry or g1 correct?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcraven8081 View Post
    adp thanks sooo much!

but a few more questions....

so its probably not a good idea to walk in there with my iphone b/c they will charge me the 35$? and if so what kind of phone would i need to get(even tho id just be selling it) to get the 20$ plan? figuring i cant get a blackberry or g1 correct?
    Wait...are you already a T-Mobile user? The only reason I see for walking into the store would be if you are transferring to T-Mobile, otherwise just call Customer Service and do it over the phone. And no, don't tell them you have an iPhone, BB or G1. Tell them you have a dumbphone like a nokia.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

jcraven8081 (06-19-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dennny View Post

No, it will not work on 3G network, different freq.

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Wait...are you already a T-Mobile user? The only reason I see for walking into the store would be if you are transferring to T-Mobile, otherwise just call Customer Service and do it over the phone. And no, don't tell them you have an iPhone, BB or G1. Tell them you have a dumbphone like a nokia.
    T-Mo has set up where they now pick up the imei of iPhones. The days of cheap T-Mo data is soon coming to an end. Some users that have been grandfather into plans will soon find themselves out in the cold soon also.
    This info comes from;
    1. dealing with members that are having problems with data.
    2. having a personal friend that works for T-Mo that is in the loop.
    So you may get away with it for while, but it may end soon.
    Sorry guys, hate to be a buzz kill.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

jcraven8081 (06-19-2009)

1)what do u mean the cheap data days are ending? the most id have to pay if they do catch on is 35$ on top of the voice plan right?
    *Im asking b/c even if i have to pay 35$ if i get a the cheapest voice plan 30$ + 35$ data = 65$ itll still be cheaper then what i pay on ATT and id get better service.*

2) If i can get the 20$ normal data plan that includes unlimited text? and the 35$ one does too?

also (i wanna know b/c im signing up new so ill get rebates so i can sell the phone for more on ebay)
    3) i can get any phone except a BB or G1 with the 20$ plan? right?

thanks
    Last edited by jcraven8081; 06-19-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks

Cheap data; some people have T-Zones $5.99 plan, T-Mo is catching up with these and will have to change over very soon.
    Web2Go $9.99 plan, same here, will go away, most have already had to upgrade.
    Sidekick $19.99 plan same thing.
    Total pkg. was $19.99 then $24.99 then $29.99.........................

You will get rebates and can sell the phone if you buy from T-Mo but the data plan will still be the same.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

jcraven8081 (06-19-2009)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast