+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS Timestamp Error

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I upgraded to 3.0GM on my 2G iphone running on the T-mobile network and I suddenly have timestamp errors on my text messages. To elaborate, text messages coming from T-mobile
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SMS Timestamp Error
    I upgraded to 3.0GM on my 2G iphone running on the T-mobile network and I suddenly have timestamp errors on my text messages.

To elaborate, text messages coming from T-mobile users display the correct time, however, messages from non-Tmobile networks display about 5 hours off. To complicate matters worse, I had two friends each send me a text message at the same time, both came in at the same time (immediately), yet there was a 6 min differential between the messages (on top of the 5 hour lag).

Anyone else experience this phenomenon?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey, i am having the EXACT same problem and its extremely annoying, it only started happening this past week and its very confusing... anyone know any fixes for this?

and did you calll tmobile to ask?

iPhone? More like MyPhone BoneCrif's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been having timestamp errors too, except I didn't update to 3.0.
    8GB iPhone 2G
    3.1.2 - Unlocked and Jailbroken

AMD Athlon 5000 Dual-Core 2.2GHz with 4.00 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same problem here but i havnt seen it at all today

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ticko's Avatar
    Thanks

i have had exact same error yesterday/today and no upgrade yet still on 2.21

Green Apple
    Thanks

anybody know how to fix this? its really annoying...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Seriously. I'm on EST, but all my texts are four hours behind. Anyone figure this out?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Haha, Damn and I thought I was crazy for having this problem...

Well, I'm going to re-pwn the phone and see if this corrects any problems. I will say that I did NOT experience this on previous FW versions, only after the upgrade via iTunes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey all, Nope it does not have to do with 3.0, or 2.2, or 2.2.1... Nope, It's a T-Mobile problem, and other networks.. Call and start the ********, I will be!! Right after 3.0 get's installed!

Same time frame.. About a week.. Please, Start to put your location..

New England, Western Mass... Area code 413... T-mobile.. FW:2.2 2G 8Gig Iphone. BlackBerry Plan..
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 97vrsix For This Useful Post:

gabe2384 (06-20-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

New England, Central Mass, Area code 508, T-Mobile, FW: 2.2.1 AND 3.0 $5.99 plan

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Damn. Well, I just re-pwned the phone. No luck. And now I'm restoring the phone... But if you're right, that it is a T-mobile problem, it still won't work. Bummer. Let me know if you're able to get T-Mobile to fix this.

Texas; Area code 832; FW 3.0

Thanks
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 5,901 Posts

Don't really believe it's a T-Mo problem. More like a computability problem with the pwnage perhaps. Not 100% sure, but I have been reading this quite a bit on the forum.
    Many users are have reported this problem.

Thanks

Updated to 3.0, still having this problem.
    Screen shot:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SMS Timestamp Error-photo.jpg  
    8GB iPhone 2G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is most definitely a t-mobile issue. first off, let's be real here. this is a widespread issue, that started beginning only a week ago, regardless of OS. yes, it is coincidental that 3.0 came out a week ago THEN this issue started happening, but lets not assume its an individual phone thing that can be cured by swapping firmware versions or the like. second, it was only two months ago that t-mobile made some changes to their infrastructure, causing issues with their voicemail systems and the way they were notifying non-branded phones (iphones included). perhaps t-mobile wasn't finished with their network upgrades, and this is another problem that will be fixed shortly? third, i can confirm this is happening across a variety of phones, branded or not. yes, my iphone's sms timestamps are acting up, but so is my brother's samsung gravity's timestamps, my dad's motorola razr's and my old (semi-working) t-mobile dash. additionally, a quick google search brings up scores of other people with this problem, mostly on branded phones.

therefore, it is only logical to think this issue lies with t-mobile themselves, and not with any of our phones. you all can stop the mad upgrading and downgrading

Thanks

well, that's good info, but my question would be, why isn't effecting everyone. I know of a ton of people that are not having the problem. Perhaps go to T-MO live support chat and see if T-Mo is aware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    well, that's good info, but my question would be, why isn't effecting everyone. I know of a ton of people that are not having the problem. Perhaps go to T-MO live support chat and see if T-Mo is aware.
    Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
    You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.
    You have been connected to Francine G.
    Francine G: Hi [NAME], welcome to T-Mobile live Chat. I’m Francine and I will be happy to assist you. My rep id number is 1320053. Please give me a moment to review your question.
    Me: ok
    Me: this isn't really an account-type question, it has to do with the network itself, not any particular issues with our account
    Me: this issue spans all five of our phones on the account, four different models of phones
    Francine G: [NAME], I just found out that this is an issue with the system and we don't have a lot of information on it yet. I do know that other customers are having the same issue.
    Me: ah, ok
    Me: how long has this been an issue?
    Francine G: It seems that it just today or over the weekend. No time estimate yet. Like I said I don't think the technical support team knows of it yet.
    Me: well, we've noticed it as far as a week ago, so if someone could notify the tech team that would be great
    Francine G: We usually get the information right away but there is nothing yet. You can still send though right?
    Me: oh yes, everything is working fine, its just the timestamps, they are off by several hours
    Francine G: Yes not a problem because a lot of customer have the same issue that I am seeing on the chat.
    then there was the thank you's and goodbye's, not relevant so i cut them out. however, t-mobile customer support is always wonderful anyway, there you guys have it
    Last edited by crazystraws; 06-21-2009 at 02:19 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to crazystraws For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (06-21-2009)

Thanks

Awesome, this sure clears it up.
    Glad mine is working ok.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It is a Tmobile issue. I just got off the phone with them. It is wide spread and they have NO idea what is causing it, nor do they have a time frame for a solution.

And as previously stated, it is ironic that 3.0 just happened to come out at the same time, which is why I erroneously thought it was an iPhone issue.

What I regret not asking the T-mobile rep was whether this was limited ONLY to iPhone users. Can anyone confirm if the timestamp error occurs when inserting your SIM into a different model phone??

Opps, perhaps I should have read the 2nd page of this thread. Haha.
    Last edited by jakspro; 06-21-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

FYI, My timestamps have been corrected...

Thanks

mine also.
    But now, I don't get automatic updates on the Date & Time. The "Set Automatic" switch isn't visible in the Date & time settings app
    8GB iPhone 2G