Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: $5.99 Edge - Subscription Upgrade Required

Default $5.99 Edge - Subscription Upgrade Required
    Searched the forum and couldn't find this discussed anywhere.

I have $5.99/month T-Mobile Edge. It used to work on my jailbroken/unlocked iPhone.

Now I get the message, "Subscription Upgrade Required. Your current plan is not compatible with this device. Please click here to view plan options."

They want me to pay $34.99/month for Unlimited Web and Messaging - ridic.

Is there a way around this?

Try to reset Network Settings
    (SETTINGS > GENERAL > RESET)

And then you set the APN configuration again on "Cellular Data Network" (SETTINGS > GENERAL > NETWORK) to: epc.tmobile.com

Good Luck!
    Housekeepin'?

Just did both of those things and it didn't work.

Did it work for most people?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

noone else has this issue..

or atleast none of us posting does.. why is it always people with such low post count talking about stuff like this.

Have you called Customer Service using your iPhone?
    Do you have heavy data usage?

If so, they might have flagged you that way...

It's uncommon but I have seen people complaining about their T-Zones no longer working out of nowhere as well.
    Housekeepin'?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Oliver350Z For This Useful Post:

adp (06-21-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iJen View Post
    Just did both of those things and it didn't work.

Did it work for most people?
    I had the same problem but I had the $9.99 Web2Go plan. Called CS and was told to switch to the 34.99 plan...ridiculous...Tried arguing that we are paying the 34.99 for EDGE when G1 users get 3G speed.

Anyway, I did not switch. I just changed the APN to internet2.voicestream.com and it fixed it. I was in the wap.tmobile.com before. Hopefully this fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    noone else has this issue..

or atleast none of us posting does.. why is it always people with such low post count talking about stuff like this.
    pshh...no one has this issue? well I have the same issue at least, the epc.tmobile.com APN gives me the same subscription required page. The wap.voicestream.com also gives me the same thing.

only the internet2.voicestream.com APN works, but its slow as balls...

is this a location thing or should I upgrade to the tmobile web on the go for 9.99?

I have the tzones 5.99 by the way

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rougheo View Post
    pshh...no one has this issue? well I have the same issue at least, the epc.tmobile.com APN gives me the same subscription required page. The wap.voicestream.com also gives me the same thing.

only the internet2.voicestream.com APN works, but its slow as balls...

is this a location thing or should I upgrade to the tmobile web on the go for 9.99?

I have the tzones 5.99 by the way
    I'm pretty sure upgrading won't make a difference. I guess your only choice is AT&T 3g...I use internet2 and it's not too bad, maybe it's your location

so the only way to get 3g with tmobile is to get the g1 plan?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benjovi View Post
    so the only way to get 3g with tmobile is to get the g1 plan?

No, you can't 3g on tmobile...just try changing the apn to internet2, otherwise get the $9.99 web2go plan. If u don't like the speed then AT&T is ur other option, you won't get anything faster than edge on tmobile

im currently using the tzone or tmobile web whatever they call it. when you're in your tmobile account online pick the BlackBerry 8700g and you should be fine. i clicked the tmobile g1 one time and it knocked me out and i didn't have internet on my iphone after but switched to the oldest blackberry they have available and its fine now.

Hey guys I was following this thread since my data was also not working over the weekend. After much troubleshooting I recently upgraded to 3.0. I change the APN settings back to epc.tmobile.com this morning and its working again!

I just upgraded to 3.0 now I can't connect to server. I tried all the different APNs, to no avail.

i think it's kinda like a draw of the luck w/ the tzone edge plan...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I upgraded to 3.0 on my 3G 16gb last night and am also using the T-Zones $5.99 plan. I'm using epc.tmobile.com with my "Enable 3G" switched to the OFF position and "Data Roaming" in the ON position. Everything works great other than the whole WiFi not being as good as it was on 2.2.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine works just fine . Cut back on your usage , pandora and iheart radio will use a lot of data.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. My internet through EDGE just stopped working. My phone said it couldn't activate the cellular data network. So, i tried switching to some different APN's like wap.voicstre...or epc.tmobile....etc, but both of them would give me the message that my wasn't compatible with this plan (i have the 100 MB limit of data plan) so i switched back to internet2.voicestream.com, restarted my phone and it worked fine. maybe it will work for you, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    I just upgraded to 3.0 now I can't connect to server. I tried all the different APNs, to no avail.
    Do you have the 'E' icon when your not in a call? I had a problem with no Edge icon, and I called and talked to tech support, and it was a setting on T-Mo's end. Fixed it, and no problems since.

Turn off Wifi and see if you have the E icon or the circile icon, then you might give them a call.

Bah, I had never had it set up before so I called and asked what the APN settings were at T-Mobile and the guy flagged me. But on a good note, the internet2 works great! Thanks guys!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just upgraded my 16GB 3G iPhone to the 3.0 software. I did get that error that told me that I needed to upgrade my subscription. I made sure that I was using the internet2.voicestream.com, turned off Wifi and gave it a minute before trying to reopen the browser. So far everything is working as advertised. I was able to get to Yahoo, Google, and my Gmail accounts. Good luck with everything.

I forgot, I am on the web2go $19.99 plan. Again good luck to everyone with that problem.
    Last edited by kuyais; 06-27-2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Add more information to post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast