Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Don't wait till Fri - Upgrade your 2G to 3.0 right now if your on T-Mobile

Talking Don't wait till Fri - Upgrade your 2G to 3.0 right now if your on T-Mobile
    I just upgraded to 3.0 via iTunes, and I am still unlocked, and can make/receive calls.

The trick is, if you used PwnageTool originally to unlock with 2.2.1, then you won't loose your activation. If you used quickpwn, then you will have to wait till friday for the official tool. The other option would be to restore and use PwnageTool, then you should be OK to run the update. Haven't tested that however.

I can confirm this works on my iPhone 2G T-Mobile USA. The upgrade didn't take very long at all - 10min tops.

For more details, see the following:
    iClarified - Apple News - How to Update Your 2G iPhone to 3.0 Without Losing Activation, Unlock

So far, 3.0 rocks!

*update
    Had to re-enter my APN. I'm a tzone user, and so far on 3.0 its working normally.
    Last edited by applejunkie; 06-17-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Confirmed - 2g iPhone originally unlocked with PwnageTool. Was running vanilla install of version 2.1, unlocked. Did a standard update via iTunes to 3.0. Upgrade went fine, still unlocked.

Problems:
    1. Like applejunkie, had to re-enter my APN after the upgrade
    2. Youtube no longer works - gives a "Cannot Connect to YouTube" error weather on wi-fi or on edge.

Hopefully someone figures the youtube thing out ;(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my phone was give to me already jailbroken. how can i tell what tool was used? i've never had to restore and rebreak.

If MMS does not work on 2G, what would be the advantages of upgrading to 3.0?

I can't think of none besides things that we already can do through Jailbreak (i.e: Copy and Paste).

Quote Originally Posted by allihasheart View Post
    my phone was give to me already jailbroken. how can i tell what tool was used? i've never had to restore and rebreak.
    I don't know how to tell.
    But I know that if you re-jailbreak now with the Pwnage tool, you will be fine.
    Last edited by Oliver350Z; 06-18-2009 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Housekeepin'?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver350Z View Post
    I don't know how to tell.
    But I know that if you re-jailbreak now with the Pwnage tool, you will be fine.
    guess i'll look into that then.

btw, SwirlyMMS2 works great on tmobile for MMS.