+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No edge on 3G 2.2.1

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, i bought my wife an iphone 3g, had the gevey turbo sim and all was great. About 2 weeks later we noticed the edge icon was not there.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default No edge on 3G 2.2.1
    Hey guys, i bought my wife an iphone 3g, had the gevey turbo sim and all was great. About 2 weeks later we noticed the edge icon was not there. I searched the web and found a few posts on how to reset the network settings, then add the apn epc.tmobile.com but it still does not work and i have tried this multiple times!

I finally decided to buy 2 more gevey turbo sims to see if this would fix my problem and what do ya know, it worked!!
    Wife was happy, all is great and i got special attention.

Fast forward a week later, the same issue, no more edge, pissed off wife. I switched out the gevey sim again and edge started to work for another week and then stops, no more edge.

Has anyone else run into this same problem? Any fixes?

thanks in advance guys!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My mom has had this issue on hers. Quickest fix is to pop the sim card out, put it in a legit tmobile phone make a call, and put it back in the iphone. Good to go. I did the same thing thinking the damn chip was bad so I bought a new one, but this def. fixes the issue.

Good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to giftedone For This Useful Post:

typer2k1 (06-11-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    im going to give that a try, i read some posts about putting the sim into another phone that has edge working so i put her sim into my iphone, then back into her iphone and still nothing. But i never stopped to think i should put it into her dash?! Im going to try that when i get home and see how it works, thanks for the suggestion!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey giftdone

i tried the quick fix to pop out the sim card, insert in a tmobile phone, and make a call, also sent a text, inserted back into the iphone. still does not show an "e" icon for edge, and i have the settings on internet2.voicestream.com. if anyone can help please advise. thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Get rid of the turbosim and unlock with ultrasnow