+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can we now use 3Gs on Tmo?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So the tech specs say that it runs at 2100 Mhz frequency on 3G...that is the same as Tmobile.....Before it was 1900Mhz for the older 3G's and TMo runs at
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Can we now use 3Gs on Tmo?
    So the tech specs say that it runs at 2100 Mhz frequency on 3G...that is the same as Tmobile.....Before it was 1900Mhz for the older 3G's and TMo runs at 1700 and 2100.....Can anyone who knows better chime in? I would love to have my iPhone back with 3G....as I switched to G1 for the speed.....Say it can be done! BTW I am staying Tmo cuz the wife and I both get unlimited talk for 89.00 for 2 lines....cant beat that right now....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That would be awesome if true

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

its not out -.- how the **** are we supposed to know before if comes out?
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks

because the tech specs where giving.....wassup with the attitude? that's really not necessary....what are u ? an MMi thug?
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

HisNameIsAngel (06-17-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,513 Times in 5,840 Posts

fingers crossed, oh and legs too, must maintain the lady thing.....O_o

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

T-Mobile USA is the United States based subsidiary of T-Mobile International AG. T-Mobile USA is currently the fourth-largest wireless carrier in the U.S. market with approximately 32 million customers as of August 2007 and annual revenue of US$17 billion.[9]
    The U.S. T-Mobile network predominately uses the GSM/GPRS/EDGE 1900 MHz frequency-band, making it the largest 1900 MHz network in the United States. Service is available in 98 of the 100 largest markets and 268 million potential customers (POPS).
    (3G DATA for the T-Mobile G1) T-Mobile uses a radio frequency band (1700 MHz) for 3G connections that is unique in the world. The carrier claims it allows faster data speeds but the reality is it means that only phones specifically designed for the T-Mobile network will work at full speed.

No... T-mobile and At&T 3G MHz Are different.. It was a nice thought..The 2100 speed, as far as i see...Its a Europe Mhz.. And its different.. I could be wrong... But as far as i know.. We will be able to use the 3G's with a turbo sim (for newer firmware) and as far as the NEW IPhone 3gS... I think its going to be a while till we all know for sure.. I know that most towers are 1700..
    Last edited by 97vrsix; 06-08-2009 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Adding info..
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    seann33uk...If you were as smart as you are rude you would have know the answer to your own question...

And I have been looking here and there all day and Your right it is 1700. At first glance I thought is was 2100...Higher frequencies would indicate faster speeds....But I also found that 1700 to be the 3G Frequency. Too bad we cant Scab together a FrankenPhone with a G1 chipset to get 3G (wishful and wild thinking)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The 2100 Hhz frequency is only for HSPDA, not 3G or Edge. Sorry... not compatible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Thanks

can't hurt to dream...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Only time will tell and that is if or when it is unlocked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was wondering if anyone has heard of ....iphone-sim-unlock.com?? They are claiming that you can use T-Mobile's 3G data connection with their sim-unlock solution. Does anyone know if this is at all possible?

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davemsu View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has heard of ....iphone-sim-unlock.com?? They are claiming that you can use T-Mobile's 3G data connection with their sim-unlock solution. Does anyone know if this is at all possible?
    no, the 3g iphone is not compatible with tmobiles 3g network no matter what another website states.
    Verizon iPhone 4 jailbroken
    iOS 4.2.8
    I'm a NY GIANT!!!