+ Reply
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sidekick plan stop working with iPhone?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
so i just got off the phone with t mobile. their systems can now tell if you are using an i phone and have disabled the internet services. they are
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so i just got off the phone with t mobile.

their systems can now tell if you are using an i phone and have disabled the internet services.

they are however offering an internet data plan specifically for the iphone that is supposedly faster than the sidekick plan we all have been using.

the plan is 24.99, however it does not have the unlimited texting.

so i just threw on the 300 texts a month (i never go over a hundred a month) for 4.99.

so for 29.99 my internet is back and substantially faster.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jotfinoski View Post
    so i just got off the phone with t mobile.

their systems can now tell if you are using an i phone and have disabled the internet services.

they are however offering an internet data plan specifically for the iphone that is supposedly faster than the sidekick plan we all have been using.

the plan is 24.99, however it does not have the unlimited texting.

so i just threw on the 300 texts a month (i never go over a hundred a month) for 4.99.

so for 29.99 my internet is back and substantially faster.
    newbie here. so they told you they have disabled the internet on our sidekick plans? I was surprised when my co-worker told me that t-mobile knew she was using an iphone. This sucks. I was still paying only $20 for everything..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Im havin the same problem with my phone. only thing that works is the email. im located in Fremont Cali. it just stopped working this morning..

RDL
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
    I really havent looked into it too much, but I think it's possible with ziphone (I don't know if its supported on software 2.2, but its worth a shot... I think you need the 4.6Bootloader). You also have to find a Sidekick IMEI #, but that shouldn't be too hard to do on google (just hope they're not still using the phone). It doesn't work (For sure) on an iPhone 3G.
    I have my sidekick still so getting an IMEI is no problem. Question is how do I do whatever it is I need to do? Ziphone.. is that an app in Cydia? I'll upgrade my bootloaders (FW 3.0 right?).

Quick question. If we just put our SIM card back in our sidekicks for a day or two then will the internet work in the iphone? Altho that would suck anyway since my sidekick is half broke and because I'm sure the fix would be very temporary.

Also why does the mail still would and not Safari? Strange.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok i got off the phone with tmobile as well and here is the deal...

I said iphone to them like 30 times and none of them belived that i had activated it on their network and were baffled...

JOTFINOSKI please check back in and update us all with the information on this data plan (what can i say to get my **** back on for 30 a month? Tmobile was willing to activate the iphone after a bit but the 24.99 is an added price to any of their voice plans.... (starting at 30 a month)

What do i need to tell these people to get the data without the voice?

BTW for everyone wondering why the email is operating as normally its because ALL tmoble plans come with email now i guess for free, its just a matter of whether your phone supports it!

I am in SanFrancisco... i openly admitted i had an iphone to them thinking tmobile would want my business and care less what headset i was using and i got no where.

So for those people who call over the next few days try to confirm whether they can in fact for sure identify what phone we are using because i have searched and found that this is NOT effecting older models of the SideKick

****and please JOTFINOSKI update us on this data plan. I have no problem paying 30 a month for data and a couple texts i just will NOT pay upwards of 60 for some voice plan attached that i never plan to use!!!
    Last edited by jonnyboomboom; 08-08-2009 at 10:35 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yea I still think that is strange as well. I think they're tryin to close the hole but haven't done so all the way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default got mine working
    just got off the phone with t-mobile (they are not cracking down on iphones they even sent me to there department witch specializes in iphones) had me reset my apn settings restart my phone then set my apn to internet2.voicestream.com and restart my phone works perfectly now

i have the pepaid sidekick plan

forgot the tech i talked to said if i have any other problems when i call back when it asks for your mobile number say iphone and it will take you to there iphone department
    Last edited by jss85; 08-08-2009 at 10:40 PM.

RDL
    Thanks

^^Maybe that APN works for prepaid plans but NOT for the monthly sidekick plan .. only APN that works for us is hiptop.t-mobile.com

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jss85 View Post
    just got off the phone with t-mobile (they are not cracking down on iphones they even sent me to there department witch specializes in iphones) had me reset my apn settings restart my phone then set my apn to internet2.voicestream.com and restart my phone works perfectly now

i have the pepaid sidekick plan

forgot the tech i talked to said if i have any other problems when i call back when it asks for your mobile number say iphone and it will take you to there iphone department
    do you have a bundle installed with Cydia? because I do and the apn settings do not show with the bundle.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tried those settings and it doesn't work for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i have a 3g running cydia and unlocked with ultrasnow
    my setting are under setting/genral/network/cellular data network

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I also tried those settings and no go. :-(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i have the prepaid sidekick plane
    it only worked for me when it was done in this order
    turn off 3g turn on data roaming goto setting/genral/network/cellular data network reset setting turn off phone and restart
    goto setting are under setting/genral/network/cellular data network
    enter internet2.voicestream.com leave user name and pass blank turn off phone and restart

if all else fails call tmobile they didnt care i had an iphone and sent me to there iphone department

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have prepaid as well followed and still nothing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i call tmobile and all they told me they can do is for me to get a smart phone plan and that should work but the cant fix my problem i got a sideckik plan and internet not working

RDL
    Thanks

I just tried in that exact order using hiptop.t-mobile.com and no luck.

Keeps saying "server not responding" .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    idk what to tell you it worked for me and tmobile was very helpfull never told me i need to change my plan the lady even asked what it was unlocked with and walked me threw it step by step

i have a prepaid sidekick plan
    3g iphone jailbroken with cydia and unlocked with ultrasnow running 3.0.1

did you try when it asks for your mobile number say iphone when you call them to be sent to there iphone department thats what i was told to do in the future when i call back i do not know if it works but it was what i was told? ill have to see if it works

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The hiptop apn works but I can only receive email and then only listen to the internet radio with 1 app

Weather doesn't work along with youtube and safari

I'm gonna try the internet2 apn and restart and see what happens but I highly doubt its gonna work seeing I have a sidekick plan.

If anyone else gets any info or helps in anyway it would be truly appreciated
    WHEN MY PHONE ACTS UP I GET ANGRY

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default All Is Well, DON'T PANIC
    First, let me reassure you, as a person who has restored their network data plan to their iPhone 3G running 3.0, TMobile Is Not Blocking Internet To iPhone Users. Secondly, the source of the problems are cellular outages. I was told by a high-level TMobile representative that when a cell tower goes down, all data devices are effectively 'bounced off' of the network for a short amount of time. Apparently, though, for some unknown reason, when an iPhone tries to reconnect to the TMobile internet servers, they do not have the correct APN (even if they 'do').

To fix this problem yourself, all you have to do is

1). Make sure that 'Data Roaming' is turned ON, and that 3G is (obviously) turned OFF

2). Either go to Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network to change the APN to:

internet2.voicestream.com

USER+PASS=BLANK

(if that area of your settings are not available, just use the site unlockit.co.nz from your iPhone tp change the settings) (and if you use the site, DO NOT switch the tab about tethering and 3G to on (tethering will work anyway after, trust me))

Try that once and reboot the iPhone. Turn off WiFi if it's on and give it a run. If it still doesn't work, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings and Reset. Then, repeat the process, and reboot again. For some reason, this is when it worked for me.

Now, if even that still didn't work, not all is lost. If you call customer service and nag them enough, THEY WILL TRANSFER YOU TO AN IPHONE CENTER. Just make sure you mention APN's ALOT.

The magic phrase is, "I need help connecting my iPhone to TMobile Internet."

Now if you don't want to fight with customer service, here is the direct line number to the iPhone center: 1(800)-937-8997

If you follow these directions, everything should turn out fine. Believe me, I've done it myself. Hope this helped, and feel free to reply with questions or anything.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I contacted T-mobile, they no way of making iphone work with sidekick plan, they confirm there is no tower down, only 3g network. I tried internet2.voicestream.com , it dont work, i actually got sidekick plan month to month. I NEEED HELLLLP.......