+ Reply
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sidekick plan stop working with iPhone?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
If you have a 3G just installing the package will enable it. 2G does not have native MMS I don't think.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have a 3G just installing the package will enable it. 2G does not have native MMS I don't think.

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackhaT View Post
    yah the change was instant, i just rebooted my phone, entered internet2.voicestream.com as the apn and it works perfectly! thanks all
    Darn Darn and you guys had sidekick plan before?

Thanks

same here i got the web2go for 20 bucks changed apn and worked instantly

=) so i guess u all can do that as well

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay guys so I if somebody could help me i'd really really appreciate it!!!

I was using the 1$ Sidekick plan and as you all now it's no longer working.

How could I go about getting my iPhone up and running again? I don't mind paying monthly $50-60. I just want to know how can I go about switching from my 1$ a day sidekick plan to a Flexpay plan? Is it possible? Or do I have to purchase a new simcard? I just put $40 dollars on my account the other day and i'd hate to lose it but i am willing to do whatever I can to get my iPhone up and running again. Thanks for any help in advance!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey rud3bwoy i tried to do that but they said that the only way i can get the internet back on my iphone is by getting a smartplan .. IM on a monthly plan so what should i do???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MerryCrassmas View Post

How could I go about getting my iPhone up and running again? I don't mind paying monthly $50-60. I just want to know how can I go about switching from my 1$ a day sidekick plan to a Flexpay plan? Is it possible? Or do I have to purchase a new simcard? I just put $40 dollars on my account the other day and i'd hate to lose it but i am willing to do whatever I can to get my iPhone up and running again. Thanks for any help in advance!!
    I too am using the $1/day plan, and unlike others here who jumped ship to a different plan, I have no desire to do so. (I already have a main cell phone through a different provider, and was using the iPhone strictly for data)
    If you want to do the same, you'll have to sign up for a new service. In the mean time go here: Hotspot Shield for iPhone and follow the directions provided. This will allow you to continue to use your connection through a 3rd-party VPN.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I call Tmoblie Rep and I change my sidekick unlimited data plan for one of the same price $19.99 but the data plan don't include text msg so I added text msg for $4.99 300 msg. The APN for this new plan is internet2.voicestream.com but I see that hiptop.t-mobile.com is more faster.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys, please read this: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...-how-help.html

Tmobile is asking for our input towards new prepaid data plans.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MerryCrassmas View Post

Just tell them to change you up to Flexpay, and that you want to add the web2go unlimited data or data and messaging with the 29.99 300 minute plan. If they ask for an IMEI tell them you don't have your new phone just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke21 View Post
    hey rud3bwoy i tried to do that but they said that the only way i can get the internet back on my iphone is by getting a smartplan .. IM on a monthly plan so what should i do???
    Don't tell them you have an iPhone, tell them you're getting a new phone and that you don't need the smartphone plan anymore.

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

SO JUST ADD the web2go for 20 bucks and thats it?

that means i lose my tmail but its not like ive used it anyway for the last 5 months or do i get to keep my tmail email?
    WHEN MY PHONE ACTS UP I GET ANGRY

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeisin View Post
    SO JUST ADD the web2go for 20 bucks and thats it?

that means i lose my tmail but its not like ive used it anyway for the last 5 months or do i get to keep my tmail email?
    If you don't have a sidekick account I doubt you can access your tmail.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For those of you who are under the monthly sidekick plan, what was your solution? Did you guys switch over to web2go for smartphone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well im just about to switch im just kinda hesitant due to the fact that if the next web2go apn dies out and gets blocked i cant go back to using my sidekick for the mean time..

well come to think of it i can always go back to the sidekick plan but i want to know if it will still be 20 bucks
    WHEN MY PHONE ACTS UP I GET ANGRY

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonBrown View Post
    I too am using the $1/day plan, and unlike others here who jumped ship to a different plan, I have no desire to do so. (I already have a main cell phone through a different provider, and was using the iPhone strictly for data)
    If you want to do the same, you'll have to sign up for a new service. In the mean time go here: Hotspot Shield for iPhone and follow the directions provided. This will allow you to continue to use your connection through a 3rd-party VPN.
    I can confirm this *does* work. It makes me a tad nervous (who are these people?) but it does work.

RDL
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeisin View Post
    Well im just about to switch im just kinda hesitant due to the fact that if the next web2go apn dies out and gets blocked i cant go back to using my sidekick for the mean time..

well come to think of it i can always go back to the sidekick plan but i want to know if it will still be 20 bucks
    It wont be still $20 BUT I was told the rep put a note on my account that if I change my mind I do not like my flip phone and web2go plan that I can still go back to my sidekick plan for $19.99. I HOPE this info is correct but who knows. Just make sure the rep makes a note on your account and hope for the best.

Seems it would be harder for them to block web2go users cause its used on SO many different phones. Much easy to block nonsidekick users. I say go for it! U dont have that much a choice anyway so..

Quote Originally Posted by sabine_stroehm View Post
    I can confirm this *does* work. It makes me a tad nervous (who are these people?) but it does work.
    How is the speed? I was going to look into that but I was also a little weary of going through some unknown 3rd party. Do they charge or is it free? Seems alil strange but if it works then.. just dont check your bank account or anything private like that on your iphone if u want to be extra cautious.
    Last edited by RDL; 08-10-2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RDL View Post
    It wont be still $20 BUT I was told the rep put a note on my account that if I change my mind I do not like my flip phone and web2go plan that I can still go back to my sidekick plan for $19.99. I HOPE this info is correct but who knows. Just make sure the rep makes a note on your account and hope for the best.

Seems it would be harder for them to block web2go users cause its used on SO many different phones. Much easy to block nonsidekick users. I say go for it! U dont have that much a choice anyway so..

How is the speed? I was going to look into that but I was also a little weary of going through some unknown 3rd party. Do they charge or is it free? Seems alil strange but if it works then.. just dont check your bank account or anything private like that on your iphone if u want to be extra cautious.
    I think you'd really have to harrangue "retentions" to get the grandfathered SK plan back.
    speed is pretty good. the big "ugh" is you have to turn off wifi.

RDL
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sabine_stroehm View Post
    I think you'd really have to harrangue "retentions" to get the grandfathered SK plan back.
    speed is pretty good. the big "ugh" is you have to turn off wifi.
    I agree it wont be as easy to go back to the grandfather plan as promised by the rep.

I just figured web2go was supposedly unlimited data and texts for the same $19.99 so I went for it. In retrospect I'd MUCH rather have kept the sidekick plan because unlike the web2go it clearly states unlimited data not the 100mb cap that web2go says. Tp me thats a big difference because Tmo can at some point start charging users who go over. I need to check my average data use to see if 100mb is more than enough or not.

Maybe I should have used the VPN workaround and kept my SK plan..I turn off wifi when I'm not using it so thats no biggie.. but is it a free service? And have u honestly used it enough to state the speeds are consistently ok and u do not get kicked off it alot or have to deal with it freezing up? Please let me know thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

$19.99 Web and Unlimited messaging may work for you initially, but it will fail. Eventually you'll get a message that you need to upgrade your service in order to access the web.

T-Mobile is cracking down on this. Any non T-mobile device will require the Smartphone plan (24.99 or 34.99).

Thanks

I've been using that plan for 2 months now with no issues. I got the upsell message when I used epc.tmobile.com

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just switched to AT&T. I really don't like the 100mb limit, but I'll have to live with it considering $30 is all I can afford ($20 for 100mb + $10 for 1000 SMS). At least I get edge coverage at my house, instead of GPRS. And I'll have coverage all over my state.