Page 1 of 13 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable MMS for T-Mobile on 3.0

Default Enable MMS for T-Mobile on 3.0
    Hey, guys.
    This thread is extremely out of date. I will fix it up now.

If you have ANY iPhone on T-Mobile, you can easily enable MMS messaging thanks to a few bundles released by a MMi member, SpookyET.

NOTE: If you are using a 2G iPhone, you should install ActivateMMS2G from Cydia before attempting to install a carrier bundle.

NOTE 2: If the following instructions do not work for you after trying them the first time, go into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings and try again. You will lose all stored network encryption keys and your iPhone will forget all known Wifi networks, however.

1. You must enable carrier testing in iTunes:
    *****On a Mac:
    *****a. Quit iTunes
    *****b. Launch Terminal in Application>Utilites
    *****c. Copy and paste the following command into the Terminal window:
    *********defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

*****d. Press Return and quit Terminal

*****On a PC:
    *****a. Quit iTunes
    *****b. Press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog. Type "cmd" then click OK to launch the command prompt
    *****c. Copy and paste the following command into the Command Prompt window:
    **********"CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

*****d. Press Return and close the Command Prompt window.

*****(Information taken from here.)
    2. Download SpookyET's carrier bundle ZIP: Download or Original thread

3. Determine which carrier bundle is for you.
    • Using "Sidekick" Internet plan, and you pay your bill at the end of the month OR have FlexPay? "t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid_sidekick.ipcc"
    • Using "BlackBerry" Internet plan, and you pay your bill at the end of the month OR have FlexPay? "t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid_blackberry.ipcc"
    • Using "T-Zones" Internet plan, and you pay your bill at the end of the month OR have FlexPay? "t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid_tzones.ipcc"
    • Using "web2go" Internet plan (or no Internet plan at all), and you pay your bill at the end of the month OR have FlexPay? "t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid.ipcc"
    • Above T-Zones/web2go bundle didn't work, and you pay your bill at the end of the month OR have FlexPay? "t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid_legacy.ipcc"
    • Using a VPN, and you pay your bill at the end of the month OR have FlexPay? "t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid_vpn_legacy.ipcc"
    • Using "Sidekick" Internet plan, and you have a Prepaid plan? "t-mobile-us-prepaid_sidekick.ipcc"
    • None of the above apply, and you have a Prepaid plan? "t-mobile-us-prepaid.ipcc"

4. Open iTunes, hold down the Shift key (Option key on Macs), and click Check For Update.
    5. Browse to find the carrier bundle .ipcc file that corresponds to your T-Mobile Internet plan as determined above.
    6. Double-click to choose that bundle. If the option to select the .ipcc file is greyed out or you cannot click it, this means that you did not correctly enable carrier testing as discussed above. Go back and complete this step.
    7. Your computer will update your phone's carrier settings. This should take no longer than 15 seconds.
    8. Reboot your phone and make sure the MMS Messaging switch in Settings > Messages is set to "On."

PLEASE NOTE: After installing a carrier bundle, there should be no need to use BenM.at, unlockit.co.nz, or any other carrier bundle installing websites. I highly recommend AGAINST doing so, as it may interfere with the bundle installed from your computer.

If at any time you need to reset your settings to reinstall a carrier bundle, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
    Last edited by n00neimp0rtant; 10-13-2009 at 02:38 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

casewicked (06-16-2009), crashzilla00 (05-12-2009), Hollywood22 (12-07-2010), MREY (08-01-2009), Sk8r789456 (05-03-2009), tuton11 (08-27-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone BoneCrif's Avatar
    Thanks

Do we also need to change the Cellular Data Network settings?
    I can't seem to get MMS to work (tmobile).
    Can you post a complete tutorial on how to setup MMS on Tmobile?

8GB iPhone 2G
    3.1.2 - Unlocked and Jailbroken

AMD Athlon 5000 Dual-Core 2.2GHz with 4.00 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Frankly, I haven't even tried these settings. By the time emarty69 and Stealth fixed up my settings, I had downgraded to 2.2.1. But that link there is the one Stealth uploaded, so I can bet they work. Try setting your APNs to epc.tmobile.com and wap.voicestream.com to see what works.

BTW, I've always loved your sig pic =]

Thanks

Do you remember what you need to do in order to get the MMS to work on Tmobile?
    I've updated the carrier settings using the .ipcc file. But after restarting my iPhone and trying to adjust the settings i haven't had any luck.

Here are my settings that i have in the Settings > General > Network section.

edit: Oohh, and thanks for the comment about my signature i thought it was pretty creative hehe

Double edit: Sh*t... MMS is only for 3G iPhone's, isn't it...? I thought maybe with this new .ipcc file, 2G iPhones would be able to send/receive MMS.
    Oh well, I still might keep on trying.. later
    Last edited by BoneCrif; 05-05-2009 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Signature :D

8GB iPhone 2G

Yeah, 3G only.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

somebody make it work on 2g! its the only way ill enjoy 3.0 (unless swirly keeps on truckin)
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

I was hoping Swirly would continue to work on 3.0 because I have a 2G.

Thanks

Yeah... haha I wish someone would've told me that this modification only works on 3G.
    But... live and learn.

8GB iPhone 2G

I think it is totally ridiculous that SwirlyMMS doesn't work on the 2G phones. Apple claimed during the 3.0 keynote that it was due to hardware issues. Pfff. Cause that's exactly why SwirlyMMS works on both iPhones. What a load of crap. (The Bluetooth, however, I can understand.)

Thanks

I just downgraded to 2.2.1 FW, and installed SwirlyMMS on my 2G iPhone.
    Still works!

8GB iPhone 2G

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How did you get everything setup on your 2G bro?

You can't use the native Messages app for MMS on 2G. You have to stick with SwirlyMMS if you have the 2G.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

sactownstar (05-08-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    You can't use the native Messages app for MMS on 2G. You have to stick with SwirlyMMS if you have the 2G.
    Till someone modds the 2g when the offical os comes out

Any help for t-mobile_nl ? Dutch t-mobile official carrier in the netherlands....?

If T-Mobile is the official iPhone carrier in Holland, then iTunes will automatically update your carrier settings once the official 3.0 update comes out. You don't have to worry about our little homemade setting packages.

What sim unlock works with T-Mobile USA on an iPhone with the 3.0betas? I've tried the Gevey Plus2 and it isn't wokring for me...

I heard that the new 3.0 betas use a baseband that doesn't even work with unlock SIMs. You have to downgrade your baseband if you have the right bootloader.

Personally, I'm tired of worrying about whether or not I can use my phone or not. I will be buying a factory unlocked iPhone this summer. Plain tired of it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

so does anyone know if its possible to get mms on 3.0 on tmo on 2g? i got 7A341 Installed and am curious

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

QuickPwn 3.0 Beta 5

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yah but quickpwn 3 beta 5 has been known to screw up iphones, and it also changes your Final 7a341 to a Beta 5 phone so why dont you just stick with beta 5.........

Page 1 of 13 123 11 ... LastLast