Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable MMS for T-Mobile on 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Thepogcbr900rr View Post
    I am on 2g running 3.0
    Everything works properly but no CAMERA in mms messaging, allowing to add pics.
    wait where did you find mms messaging on your 2g ??

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    wait where did you find mms messaging on your 2g ??
    he didn't...because it isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by KiDFuZioN View Post
    You could also follow these instructions to enable .ipcc updates on iTunes 8.2 final.

Windows 2000/XP/Vista (32-bit):

1. Go to Start -> Run (
    2. type in "command" and hit enter
    3. Type/copy+paste this into the command console that comes up: "C:Program FilesiTunesiTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    4. Hit enter

Windows XP/Vista (64-bit):

1. Go to Start -> Run (
    2. type in "command" and hit enter
    3. Type/copy+paste this into the command console that comes up: "C:Program Files (x86)iTunesiTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    4. Hit enter

After you do this, Shift-click the "Update" button and choose "iPhone Carrier Configuration files (*.ipcc)" for Files of type:

i would like to correct this for the vista users:

1. hit the start button and type CMD and hit enter
    copy either one of the following links dpending on what system you are using:

32-bit users
    "CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

64-bit users
    "CProgram Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

i did all this and got the file uploaded to the phone and now mms shows under the network settings but i dont have the camera icon in my messages so what is wrong ??

ok, so:

1. we can say that MMS was built into iPhone 3G firmware, but it was disabled pending AT&T's support.

2. since apple never planned to provide MMS for the first-gen iPhone, we can assume that there are no traces of MMS built into the firmware for the first-gen iPhone.

so we are probably looking at a custom ipsw, taking the messaging app and whatever else is involved from 3G firmware and porting it into 2G firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by h.abdulhamid86 View Post
    ok, so:

1. we can say that MMS was built into iPhone 3G firmware, but it was disabled pending AT&T's support.

2. since apple never planned to provide MMS for the first-gen iPhone, we can assume that there are no traces of MMS built into the firmware for the first-gen iPhone.

so we are probably looking at a custom ipsw, taking the messaging app and whatever else is involved from 3G firmware and porting it into 2G firmware.
    I'm with you on this... but it's unlikely to happen... Hopefully someone loves the 2g enough to make it so. (does the captian picard hand gesture.)

ok, so:

It can't be a problem with the firmware...Swirly worked just fine on 2.2.1...

swirlymms uses its own app to send/receive MMS. our goal here is to figure out a way to use the apple's Messages app to send MMS.

UPDATE:: OMG!!!!! i know i am probably getting a little tooo excited, but i now have MMS settings on my Settings App!!!!

of course, it could be just a form with nothing actually tied to it. i inputted tmobile usa's settings and had someone send me a picture message and nothing happened.

still no camera icon im messages app. im working on that part.
    Last edited by h.abdulhamid86; 06-21-2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

what tmobile usa settings did you use?

MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms

Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

APN: wap.voicestream.com

Username and Password are left blank

but, i found that it was just a dead end.

I did this on the 3G with the 3.0 and I got the mms settings showing now but still no camera icon in my messages

anyone have an idea what went wrong ??

After jailbreak I have the MMS photo icon in text messages, and I am able to send picture messages however I cannot receive any it seems, do I need to adjust the picture size setting?

I'm gonna try to jailbreak it again and see if that works

13. The Following User Says Thank You to spdracr For This Useful Post:

geekymom (06-22-2009)

it doesn't let me select an .ipcc file to update with. What now?

i got it to work on my 3g phone as well but also cant recieve pictures. any fix for this?

MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms

Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

APN: wap.voicestream.com

Username and Password are left blank

but, i found that it was just a dead end.
    this works! reboot afterwards guys! it will be enabled... but picture quality of incoming mms is crap

How did you get the mms settings to appear in the settings?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoey35 View Post
    How did you get the mms settings to appear in the settings?
    This is all I did..
    1) I upgraded my 3G via iTunes to 3.0
    2) then I ran RedSn0w to jailbreak it on my Mac
    3) then I ran ultrasn0w to unlock.
    after I rebooted I went to set up my edge settings and there it was. It said also had spaces for the MMS settings. I input those and then nothing happened...
    I then rebooted the phone and there it was, the little camera icon in the messages app.

But like I said they come in about as big as a thumbnail... case when you view them full screen they are all blurry and pixelated.
    Not impressed at all... there has to be a way to fix this. As I would rather just spend another $8 on swirly to get some high resolution MMS

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    This is all I did..
    3) then I ran ultrasn0w to unlock.
    You ran ultrasnow on a 2G?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoey35 View Post
    You ran ultrasnow on a 2G?
    Never said it was a 2G... if you look at my step 1) I said I upgraded my 3G...

my mistake. Guess I'll just have to be patient on this one too

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast