Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable MMS for T-Mobile on 3.0

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

has anyone tried this method for tmobile mms on any of the latest betas?
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

iTunes won't let me choose the ipcc file when I hold option and click check for update. Everything is greyed out except ipsw files. How can I fix this?

You need iTunes 8.2 beta alpha 1 to load the file.

You could also follow these instructions to enable .ipcc updates on iTunes 8.2 final.

Windows 2000/XP/Vista (32-bit):

1. Go to Start -> Run (
    2. type in "command" and hit enter
    3. Type/copy+paste this into the command console that comes up: "CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    4. Hit enter

Windows XP/Vista (64-bit):

1. Go to Start -> Run (
    2. type in "command" and hit enter
    3. Type/copy+paste this into the command console that comes up: "CProgram Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    4. Hit enter

After you do this, Shift-click the "Update" button and choose "iPhone Carrier Configuration files (*.ipcc)" for Files of type:

did any body follow what the first guy posted and it worked on their iphone 3g?

is that a good replacement for swirlymms on the 3.0 firmware?

Any instructions for mac users? And I can't seem to find the 8.2 alpha 1 version for mac either...

Here's for the mac people!

Mac - open a terminal and type in..
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE
    Last edited by willryan42; 06-19-2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to willryan42 For This Useful Post:

Ardenex (06-29-2009)

ugh will we ever see the MMS feature work in the 2G iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mozzyman View Post
    ugh will we ever see the MMS feature work in the 2G iPhone
    i have swirlymms2 working on my 2G perfectly. worth paying for, imo.

i tried your guide kidfuzion but its not working i cant update the .ipcc file in itunes 8.2 it wont let me?

Quote Originally Posted by allihasheart View Post
    i have swirlymms2 working on my 2G perfectly. worth paying for, imo.
    On what OS?

Default 2G
    so is there active work on getting MMS to work natively on the 2G? cant seem to find much info on it

Quote Originally Posted by darkpassenger View Post
    so is there active work on getting MMS to work natively on the 2G? cant seem to find much info on it
    I'm pretty sure they have completely forgotten that millions of users still have a 2G phone. They will probably never make anything backwards compatible. I bet they send a spike to blow up all 2G phones through EDGE...

If by "they" you mean Apple/ATT...i dont care about them

I'm wondering if the community is working on something. If the hardware supports it, I have a feeling we will see it soon. I would like to help, but I cant find anyone else working on this!

It's only a matter of time till they send in the ninjas to destroy us first gen iPhone users... But on a serious note I'm sure swirly will get their stuff updated soon.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to eclipticrider For This Useful Post:

h.abdulhamid86 (06-21-2009)

This is not the point, & I dont like swirly

Seeing as there are no hardware limitations, I'm wondering WHAT is restricting this.

Quote Originally Posted by darkpassenger View Post
    This is not the point, & I dont like swirly

Seeing as there are no hardware limitations, I'm wondering WHAT is restricting this.
    It's a conspiracy...they're holding back cuz you want it so bad.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to way2fst4u For This Useful Post:

darkpassenger (06-20-2009), MnVikingsFan26 (06-20-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by rotw121 View Post
    i tried your guide kidfuzion but its not working i cant update the .ipcc file in itunes 8.2 it wont let me?
    What happens when you try to update? Did you open command prompt and make sure you either type it exactly or copy and paste it onto the command prompt window. After you type it in or copied into the command prompt window than press enter. Also make sure your iTunes is closed when you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    Thanks to the work of me, emarty69, and StealthBravo, we have a working solution to use MMS on 3.0 for T-Mobile.

1. Download this file: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    2. Change the file extension to .ipcc if your computer saves it as a .zip
    3. Connect your iPhone to iTunes
    4. Hold Option (Shift on PC) and click "Check for Update"
    5. Choose the .ipcc file

That should be it. You should notice that your "T-Mobile" in the top left corner looks a little different, or "squashed" horizontally. I don't know why this happens, but hey, at least the spinny wheel in the status bar won't be on the right side of the clock between 10:00 and 12:59 anymore.

This does not work.

I am on 2g running 3.0
    Everything works properly but no CAMERA in mms messaging, allowing to add pics.

I have tried everything, and still no camera.

ANYONE get this working on tmobile?

obviously this wot work for 2G.... we need some sort of modification to allow the Messages app to use the camera/roll.

Editing M68 does give you the MMS config, as someone had mentioned
    Last edited by darkpassenger; 06-20-2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    Thanks to the work of me, emarty69, and StealthBravo, we have a working solution to use MMS on 3.0 for T-Mobile.

1. Download this file: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    2. Change the file extension to .ipcc if your computer saves it as a .zip
    3. Connect your iPhone to iTunes
    4. Hold Option (Shift on PC) and click "Check for Update"
    5. Choose the .ipcc file

That should be it. You should notice that your "T-Mobile" in the top left corner looks a little different, or "squashed" horizontally. I don't know why this happens, but hey, at least the spinny wheel in the status bar won't be on the right side of the clock between 10:00 and 12:59 anymore.

This didnt work, and i did it to the T

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast