+ Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable MMS for T-Mobile on 3.0

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, Iím new to this site and I hope that it provides me with the help I need to enhance the iphone that Iíve purchased.
    With that being said and done. Iím already having problems with my phone. I have a jail broken phone and my service provider is t-mobile. When I 1st setup my phone, everything was working fine. Such as, sending and receiving pictures, texting to multiple recipients and other functions as well. The phone continued fine until about a month ago t-mobile system crashed. Now my phone can only send pictures and not receive, I keep getting this message ( the media content was not included due to a picture resolutionÖ.etc), I can send to multiple recipients but some of the recipients can see whom else Iíve sent the message to, as well before they couldn't. Is there anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, how does one resolved it, or is there another out source I can use to do the functions that I started out doing before, having problems with me my phone

my phone is an 3g
    Last edited by LNorman; 12-10-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well it seems that the MMS only worked on the first day, now it will try sending them but eventually I get the (!) message...

EDIT:
    So I checked my network/cellular data etc/ and my APN changed to some tmobile address so I switched it back to wap.voicestream.com and it worked.
    Last edited by bruce988jl; 12-11-2009 at 01:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ep3hatch03 View Post
    i have a 3GS with tmobile and MMS is working perfectly fine.

heres how you do it:
    1. download one of the T-Mobile US carrier support from cydia.
    2. go to your network setting.

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS proxy: 216.155.165.60:8080
    MMS max: 1048576
    MMS UA prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    when u say download one of the T-Mobile US carrier support from cydia, wht should I be downloading, cause its still not wrking for me

Coy
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3G, 3.0 MMS not working
    I have tried absolutely everything. I can not get my iphone to receive pics. I can send them, but I can not receive. I am open to any suggestions. I have tried everything listed on this thread. Someone please help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coy View Post
    I have tried absolutely everything. I can not get my iphone to receive pics. I can send them, but I can not receive. I am open to any suggestions. I have tried everything listed on this thread. Someone please help.
    I see you have an iPhone 2G. (This is why EVERYONE should put their device info into their profiles like you do.) I assume you have your MMS activated on the phone? What data plan do you have, and what carrier settings package are you installing?

Coy
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3g, 3.0
    It is a 3g. I had a 2g originally. It is the 3g I can't get to work.

Thanks

It is a 3g. I had a 2g originally. It is the 3g I can't get to work.
    What is your data plan, and which carrier settings?

Coy
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

web2go and legacy, 1st choice.

Thanks

web2go and legacy, 1st choice.
    Don't use legacy, that is only for people who have had a data plan for a REALLY long time. Use the t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid.ipcc one.

MAKE SURE you go into the Settings on your phone and reset the network settings before installing that bundle.

Coy
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I changed the carrier settings, it still doesn't work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys - I have been a lurker, but not a poster. I need some help here. It seems like there are 10 different ways to get the MMS working on the phones, and they seem to be plan dependant etc...

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE PM ME SOME SAFE/GOOD INSTRUCTIONS so we can keep it off of this thread?

I have a 3G running 3.1.2 with the T-Mobile Total Internet Plan.

HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance to the gurus on the forum!

Thanks

Use t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid.ipcc. You can install it in the method I detailed, or just search postpaid flexpaid on Cydia. Make SURE you don't use one that says "T-Zones," "Blackberry," "Sidekick," or "legacy."

If you can't find it, I will direct you to what to search.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

aguyindallas (12-15-2009), berenator (12-24-2009), bruce988jl (12-27-2009)

Coy
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have tried everything. I still get the same message about "The media content..." I guess it is just not possible on some phones for some reason.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have tried everything. I still get the same message about "The media content..." I guess it is just not possible on some phones for some reason.
    I got mine to now receive pictures and also got it to send following the directions given above by n00neimp0rtant.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did anyone help respond to your message, Aguyindallas?

How do I know which Internet plan I have? I have T-Mobile and I pay $20 extra per month to have the Internet activated. I also pay $20 for the family unlimited text/picture plan. I have a 3G 16GB iPhone with blckrain...

How do I know which instructions I need to follow??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by berenator View Post
    Did anyone help respond to your message, Aguyindallas?

How do I know which Internet plan I have? I have T-Mobile and I pay $20 extra per month to have the Internet activated. I also pay $20 for the family unlimited text/picture plan. I have a 3G 16GB iPhone with blckrain...

How do I know which instructions I need to follow??

Yes, I followed the directions given to me by n00neimp0rtant and it worked.

Now, I need to get it working on my wifes phone. She has an iPhone 2G running 3.0 on Tmobile, also on the Tmobile total internet plan.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to aguyindallas For This Useful Post:

berenator (12-24-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright so I have noticed a problem...
    I can send MMS, and surf the internet and all internet based apps work fine except when someone sends me an MMS I get the "no content... etc" error.

My settings are:
    Iphone 3.1.2 FW
    Data APN: Internet2.voicestream.com

MMS APN: WAP.voicestream.com

I have tried switching to epc.tmobile.com for the mms apn and still no luck.

Is anyone else getting the same error? Any fixes?

Btw I tried that unlockit.co.nz site to fix the APN's and i must add it only applies either internet2.voicestream.com to BOTH APNs or the other option.. In order to undo this remember to remove the profiles under the settings<general<profiles

UPDATE:
    Tried the following
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Username: BLANK
    Password: BLANK
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
    MMS Max Message Size: 24000000
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://wap.sonyerricsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml

No luck still not recieving text messages... Switched back to the wap.voicestream to be on the safe side. I've given up for the night, 4 hours of this is more than enough. I'm about to throw in the towel and switch to another phone.
    Last edited by bruce988jl; 12-24-2009 at 12:42 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Bruce,
    I tried what Nooneimportant said "Reset your network settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings), then install the "T-Mobile_US_postpaid_flexpaid" package." and it worked!!! I had to re-enter the APN, etc. settings but it worked!! I also have the wap.voicestream...and the internet2...settings.
    Hope it works!
    U should try to post what kind of plan/country/iphone version, etc. you have. it helps the 'gurus' tell u exactly what u need to do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by berenator View Post
    Bruce,
    I tried what Nooneimportant said "Reset your network settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings), then install the "T-Mobile_US_postpaid_flexpaid" package." and it worked!!! I had to re-enter the APN, etc. settings but it worked!! I also have the wap.voicestream...and the internet2...settings.
    Hope it works!
    U should try to post what kind of plan/country/iphone version, etc. you have. it helps the 'gurus' tell u exactly what u need to do.
    I have the 2g Iphone with 3.1.2 running the new Tmobile unlimited everything plan (including data and text)... I tried the flexpaid package off cydia but it didn't work. I'll give it another shot now.

No luck, I reinstalled the file off cydia when you search "Flexpaid" its the top "t mobile us flexpaid/postpaid" version 1.0.10... It didn't change anything does it matter that I have a modified IPCC file uploaded to my phone? Therefore when I reset it resets automatically to having internet2 as the cellular and wap as the mms apn's?
    Last edited by bruce988jl; 12-24-2009 at 09:16 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Plz help have tried every thing and still can not get my mms to work,i downloaded the Legacy (option 1) on cydia but still not wrking..here are my settings thus far
    Enable 3g-on
    Data roaming-on
    Cellular data
    APN-internet2.voicestream.com
    username-
    password-
    MMS
    APN-wap.voicestream.com
    user-
    pass-
    mmsc-http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mmsj
    mms proxy-216.155.165.50.8080
    mms max message size-1048576
    mms ua prof url-http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    and now for some reason it will not let me change any of the info in the proxy or mms max mess. or mms ua fields.....grrrrr someone plz help!

P.S. i have the 3g

Also i'm concerned about doing something that cud lock my phone since i don't kno how to unlock it...
    Last edited by Chrissymarie; 12-26-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost